Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: 2010 owners -- buyer's remorse now that the 2011's are out?  (Read 19619 times)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
Re: 2010 owners -- buyer's remorse now that the 2011's are out?
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »

The 2010's to me are great.  Prefer the stripped down look and have  mentioned prior that the lowers would have to be pulled for me.  Love the idea of spending money to get what I want and not to rip off what I dislike to get to where I want. 

Next bike's going to be a ground-up build around a 2yr old SG. 
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »

Dang, does everyone call their Spiced Rums Captain :). Now that I've seen the '11 Autum Haze....would make a nice backup bike, but as others have said, I have my '10 just right and it was almost perfect to begin with. Guess I could trade my standard '07 I keep in another town where I work 10 days or so a month for the '11, but damn that a lotta money for a part time bike! Still no regrets!
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »

Maybe this post will help, maybe not but in any event, it's a story with a nice outcome for me personally. 

Back when the 09 SERG's came out, I was so hot to have one I actually made myself sick over not being able to work a deal with an H-D dealership on either coast whereby I got a fair trade-in on my 07 RG that I'd put tons of money into. The end result of all that was that I stopped doing business with any H-D dealer and bought what I needed from local Indy shops. I also do not recall even logging onto H-D's website until very recently to view the 2010's nor the 2011's. This summer when I left for Maine, I left LD (my 07 RG) here in Dago. I had the use of an old EVO Electra-Glide while in Maine. When I got back home here in Dago just a couple weeks ago, I uncovered LD, dealt with having the batteries in both key fobs gone bad (and charged the main battery) started the bike and went for a ride. When I came back I was grinning from ear to ear. You see, the Evo I'd been riding was a bone stock 80" with a tour-pak and a bunch of other stuff. A big heavy bike without a lot of power. LD has a built from the ground up 103" Screamin Eagle motor. Not the stock CVO 103 but one built out of what is now called Screamin Eagle race only parts. So the difference in performance was nothing short of astounding. Then as I cleaned the bike, I recalled all the little details I'd worked hard and spent good money to add into LD and  realized, no new bike could be as nice or as right for me as LD. Back in the late 60's and early 70's I used to ride Honda's and Yamahas. I'd had a bad experience with a 69 Sportster and was not exactly a big fan of the MoCo. The thing that got me back to riding H-D was that the Japanese Mfgrs made so many changes to their product every year that I was never happy with what I was riding for more than the few months between when I'd buy it and the next model year would hit the dealerships. Oh sure, H-D made changes, some big some small, but mostly a Harley was a Harley was a Harley. So I had some H-D's that I kept for years. Then after H-D began producting Twin Cams, it seemed every year was something bigger, better, faster, more. I bought a 00 SERG only to HAVE to have an 03 SERK only to have to have an 05 SEVROD. Got so tired of waiting for another CVO RG that I basically built my own version in 07 with LD and now the story comes full circle.

Bottom Line - - - - put your ride away for a few months, cover it up, forget about it, whatever it takes to sort of blank your mind on it.  Then some day when you think you've just got to have a new H-D, uncover your "old" ride and then ask yourself if that new shiny whatever down at the dealership with the huge pricetag, big payment etc etc is something you really have to have.

B B

Harley_Charley

• Junior CVO Member
  • C&C

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Blue
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE Candy Concord
    • CVO3: 2005 Honda Rune Illusion Blue
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »

No regrets here!  Had the '11's on the floor and I had the dealer locate a Candy Concord and shipped from a different state.  Yes, I paid to have it shipped.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »

The 11's I'm sure are great machines but the paint schemes remind me of the stock Road Glides?
Not that theres anything wrong with that! Just dont give me that I gotta have one feeling.

The 10's just seemed to have more pizazz!  :2vrolijk_21:

I watched the CVO's for many years and wondered who was in charge of picking the colors? Never really cared for most of them, the 10 SESG's actually had something I could call mine.

The 2010 SESG and the SEEG's are in my opinion the best CVO designs they have produced.  :nixweiss:

of Course $1.07 and my opinion will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »

Interesting question "who's in charge of picking colors " I think the answer lies in the history of the MoCo. They've now been at it for 108 years. Each and every model and paint scheme in the 100 years is catalogued in the company's achives I'm sure. The question asked by Willie G and the folks in the design studio (I'm guessing) once they get the mechanicals past the beancounters is asking the sales guru's what they think will sell taking into account that they don't as a rule repeat themselves beyond using the same colors (on different bikes with differing designs) Anyway, all this adds up to why it's a damn shame H-D cannot or will not follow suit with the metric motorcycle Mfgrs and let you "build your own"  I can't count how many times on this site over the past years, somebody as mentioned  " wouldn't it be cool if we could order our bikes to suit " Yes, wouldn't it. Pick your engine, pick your wheels, pick your seat, pick your paint, pick your accesories (installed at the factory so you don't have take offs) and so on. Of course that'd cost them a bunch if P&A sales so it'll never happen. Interesting thing though. Honda was losing market share to H-D until they came along with the VTX program in which you can do to a degree a lot of what I'm saying here.

B B

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »

Interesting question "who's in charge of picking colors " I think the answer lies in the history of the MoCo. They've now been at it for 108 years. Each and every model and paint scheme in the 100 years is catalogued in the company's achives I'm sure. The question asked by Willie G and the folks in the design studio (I'm guessing) once they get the mechanicals past the beancounters is asking the sales guru's what they think will sell taking into account that they don't as a rule repeat themselves beyond using the same colors (on different bikes with differing designs) Anyway, all this adds up to why it's a damn shame H-D cannot or will not follow suit with the metric motorcycle Mfgrs and let you "build your own"  I can't count how many times on this site over the past years, somebody as mentioned  " wouldn't it be cool if we could order our bikes to suit " Yes, wouldn't it. Pick your engine, pick your wheels, pick your seat, pick your paint, pick your accesories (installed at the factory so you don't have take offs) and so on. Of course that'd cost them a bunch if P&A sales so it'll never happen. Interesting thing though. Honda was losing market share to H-D until they came along with the VTX program in which you can do to a degree a lot of what I'm saying here.

B B

YEA I AM ONE OF THE EARLIER VOICES. THE ADDITIONAL COMPONENT WOULD BE TO DELIVER IT DIRECTLY TO ME.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2010, 10:41:27 PM »

I Love my Candy.  The Bike too!!!  The 11's are cool but the 10's will RULE :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2010, 09:50:16 AM »

2010's are a special fleet.....

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »

2010's are a special fleet.....
MURDER I SAY MURDER

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »

I can tell you that when I seen the Spiced Rum I went nuts. I just had to have one. When I got to the dealer I was put on the waiting list for ANY colour that would come to Toronto. I was told that only 4 came and and between 12 to 15 in all of Canada. Sorry, no CVO SG for you  :'(. When the pictures where release for the 2011's at 2:00 pm on July 27 I went nuts again.  :huepfenjump3: By 4:00 pm that same day I was at the dealer ready to kill for a Black Diamond/Crimson Red. Did not even have a price for it yet and I still put a deposit down. Then I was told again, no guarantees that I would get it as Deeley Canada distributes the bikes by VIN number not colours. My dealer had to swap an Orange with a dealer in Nova Scotia to guarantee that I will get the colour I wanted. They will be getting 2 more but they are both Kryptonite which are also both sold.

Anywho I know I am rambaling on a bit but bottom line is next year when the 2012's come out we will be talking about this again  ;D

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »

I can tell you that when I seen the Spiced Rum I went nuts. I just had to have one. When I got to the dealer I was put on the waiting list for ANY colour that would come to Toronto. I was told that only 4 came and and between 12 to 15 in all of Canada. Sorry, no CVO SG for you  :'(. When the pictures where release for the 2011's at 2:00 pm on July 27 I went nuts again.  :huepfenjump3: By 4:00 pm that same day I was at the dealer ready to kill for a Black Diamond/Crimson Red. Did not even have a price for it yet and I still put a deposit down. Then I was told again, no guarantees that I would get it as Deeley Canada distributes the bikes by VIN number not colours. My dealer had to swap an Orange with a dealer in Nova Scotia to guarantee that I will get the colour I wanted. They will be getting 2 more but they are both Kryptonite which are also both sold.

Anywho I know I am rambaling on a bit but bottom line is next year when the 2012's come out we will be talking about this again  ;D
Mano:  Got one here in Columbus.  How far of a drive from Toronto about 3 or 4 hours. Ill take ya there, if ya want.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »

Tried that too. Only 20% of Harley's leave the U.S. for the international market. Canada falls under that category. The problem with the U.S. CVO SG that come to Canada will NOT pass the safety certification here. They are missing the taillight which is our brake light. The lens for U.S. brake lights are our turn signals which have orange lens not smoked. Then it all has to be wired. I was told the the wiring harness is not made for this application and all new wires have to be run with a modal (I think) Also the speedo has to be changed from MPH to KM. If there is milage on the bike the new speedo will show 0 KM. It cannot be programed to adjust the milage.Throw in your taxes and duties and running around to different locations to get it done, U.S exchange...ish. (I know we are almost at par now but H.D. don't care) This will cost almost as much as the difference that we pay here for the bike which is about $5340.00 more for 2011.

Also I heard that the warranty is void and a lot of dealers will not work on it.

Thanks anyway. Really happy with what I am getting now. Since I have always loved the colour Black I would have been second guessing myself today. Sometime things just have a way of working out  :2vrolijk_21:

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »

I wonder how accurate this is?
Hawg

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »

I do not know since this is what I was told by Toronto Harley. They are one of the biggest dealers in the country.  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.