Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 SEUC CAN'T SEE RADIO LCD DISPLAY*Update*  (Read 837 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
09 SEUC CAN'T SEE RADIO LCD DISPLAY*Update*
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »

09 SEUC has 6,000 miles warranty until Oct. Went for a ride this afternoon noticed I could not see numbers on LCD radio display. It was not glowing orange. Radio and XM still playing. If you looked real hard you could see numbers. After it got dark still could not see numbers but display did have slight glow. I did check the "Contrast" Display and it was all the way up. Is this a common problem? There may already be a thread on this if so I'm sorry. Is this why some people are changing there radio's? Is this a simple light problem or does this mean new radio unit? I guess a trip to the stealer is in order. Any feedback welcome guys! Thanks All :drink:
UPDATE. Back from stealer today. Guess what? They said display was working in shop, then they did test ride for other issue and rider hit a bump and the display went OUT. Ok I am not crazy. Then OMG re-fab replacement radio's are on back order, with no idea when one will come in, they will call me! So I wait... Oh yeah it was working perfectly on my short ride home!
8/13/10 Update* Got call from stealer this morning, replacement radio was in and they could install today. I was in shock. I was thinking it would be at least a month wait. Color me happy but very surprised. FYI everyone may know but the replacement radio is covered until factory warranty runs out. Install complete, I can see the XM station now.   
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:56:02 PM by 1sharprdkg »
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

LFMC Pharaoh

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Candy Concord CVO Street Glide "Blue Thunder"
Re: 09 SEUC CAN'T SEE RADIO LCD DISPLAY
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 02:26:35 AM »

Just had the radio replaced for the second time under warranty on my 2010 FLHXSE.  The first time was a different issue but the second time was for the display.  I was riding along one day and looked to check the time and couldn't see the display.  Didn't matter what setting I set the display contrast on, still couldn't see it.  Radio all worked fine, lucky I remembered what order everything was in so still had music. 

Had to wait for a re-fab radio to come in and dealer replaced the whole thing under warranty.
2010 Candy Concord CVO Street Glide
Klock Werks 8.5" Dark Smoke Windshield
PYO 10" Monkey Bars
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Rinehart Slip On Mufflers
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner
7.25" J&M Speakers w/Amp
HD Center Stand
HD Chopped Tour Pak
RAM Mount w/Ipod MP3 Player
RAM Mount w/Garmin Zumo 550 GPS

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »

Just had the radio replaced for the second time under warranty on my 2010 FLHXSE.  The first time was a different issue but the second time was for the display.  I was riding along one day and looked to check the time and couldn't see the display.  Didn't matter what setting I set the display contrast on, still couldn't see it.  Radio all worked fine, lucky I remembered what order everything was in so still had music. 

Had to wait for a re-fab radio to come in and dealer replaced the whole thing under warranty.
LFMC doesn't seem right that on a bike of any price that they replace radio with a re-fab unit!!! I guess MOCO can do what they want. I don't guess it says they have to use new parts. Thanks
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:31:18 PM »

LFMC doesn't seem right that on a bike of any price that they replace radio with a re-fab unit!!! I guess MOCO can do what they want. I don't guess it says they have to use new parts. Thanks

yup.. radio replacements are rebuilt units..

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.