Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO  (Read 5809 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »

I have heard it depends on the dealer...once you dump the exhaust they know you probably added a tuner and if they want to bust chops they will.

It does depend on the dealer (which is illegal).....but they claim it's the MoCo.  The Magnussen Moss Warranty Act basically says that the failure has to be directly related to the failure for them to be able to deny the warranty. 

All of my bikes since my 89 Ultra Classic have been modified but it's never become an issue with the factory warranty or the extended warranty (service agreement).  Most recently, just a few weeks ago my wife's bike  (09 Street Glide, cams, tuner, exhaust and Ness Big Sucker air cleaner) started making a noise in the primary and we took it in.  The run out was .0015.  In two weeks they had received the new motor made with her VIN stamped in it, from the MoCo and had it back in the bike.  We also had the chrome inner primary installed since the labor was free.  Mods were not an issue.

My bike, a 10 SESG (cams, TTS tuner, Fullsac baffles, dyno tuned,etc), took it in last week for...........you guessed it..........noise in the primary.  My noise was different than my wife's and could barely detect the noise but I didn't wait.......got it in there.  Mine turned out to be the compesator.  They replaced the compesator, spring assembly, etc. and I should get my bike back when they open on Tue. (closed today and tomorrow).  The mods have not been an issue.  I've never heard of mods being an issue at any of the dealerships here in Calif. unless they've been mods that are over the top (ie. 11:1, etc.) but certainly not with what I consider street ridable mods.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »

I want to thank everyone for weighing in on my stealth stage 1 questions...this forum and it's members have provided me with the tools to make a wise decision. I installed the FULLSAC X-PIPE, RINEHART 4" slip-ons, SERT, and had it DYNO-tuned. I had Rinehart True Duals on my 08 Road King and really loved the sound and performance, but nothing prepared me for the awesome sound of their 4" slip-ons. I have never heard a pipe sound this good! It has a super deep throaty sound, almost like a race car. The performance difference is immediately noticeable, but is evidenced by the 125 ft. lbs of torque the bike produces on the DYNO. Wow! I couldn't be happier and I've never heard a set up that sounds better! Thanks to all
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.