Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: TTS or Thundermax?  (Read 34506 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: TTS or Thundermax?
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »

It's rare this can be said; but Jerry is just wrong there :huepfenlol2: .

Come on Don, the master of sarcasm doesn't recognize sarcasm? ;D

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »

Jerry ;)

OMG NO!
Twice in one day Jerry has been, , , , wrong.
 :nervous:    :nervous:    :nervous:    :nervous:    :nervous:    :nervous:    :nervous:

Here is the real master,
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2553
We sure miss him.
Don is #2! That's why he has to try harder.

SBB

Edited to add, in the interest of getting a good tune on lunch I hooked up the Commodore 64 to the Trager.
The results are not of Hogbreath or DC Fireman stature but will be a good snack as I surf (not) tuning  sites.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:57:29 AM by SBB »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »

Jerry ;)

I am so ashamed.... :bigcry:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »

hard to tell with Max sometimes.  There's generally some truths hiding in what ever he posts though, you just have to know how to decipher what he's saying. 

I would guess that he was being facetious. I think he was trying to make a point that it seems a little like an oxymoron when folks are complaining about technical discussions about Harley tuning on a sub session of a Harley forum that is dedicated to tuning.   

Mayor,

I don't think anyone's complaining about technical discussions taking place about tuning on a technical tuning board.  Let's be honest...there's a reason there's been a small influx of new members to our CVO/social based site.  Many of the new members are "here" because they couldn't act like adults "there".   And, beating topics to death and acting like children "here" will likely eventually have the same result as it did "there"...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »

Mayor,

I don't think anyone's complaining about technical discussions taking place about tuning on a technical tuning board.  Let's be honest...there's a reason there's been a small influx of new members to our CVO/social based site.  Many of the new members are "here" because they couldn't act like adults "there".   And, beating topics to death and acting like children "here" will likely eventually have the same result as it did "there"...   :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:     Exactly.  And if I may be so bold as to expand on your comment Scot, I don't think anyone around here cares if the "tuners" get together on their own thread to discuss sensor mV output versus measured AFR, or the other thread they have running.  Those who aren't interested in that stuff will just skip the thread, sort of like how some of us ignore the threads about guns or other subjects that don't interest us.  The problem comes when they hijack other people's threads and then start acting like children, taking a simple question and turning it into a never ending discourse of how great they are at using product XYZ and ignoring the fact that the people the thread was aimed at aren't tuners and are probably looking for the most practical solution for them.

Anyhow, I've said my piece on the subject and I intend to move on to more pressing issues, like what is the best motor oil for a Harley.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »

Wo cares about the other site? :nixweiss:  The dick ratio is pretty high on the 13 posts here.

I agree Brian, but the post you refer to is probably different to the post i see in being negative.  :nixweiss:

I've used TMAX and TTS doing it myself with good results. I like to see technical post about such as I'm trying to learn. For the ones that know it all and know folks that know it all, the point is mute. So they should follow suit. :drink:

I'm am a DIY'er and not by choice, just got tired of other so called professionals screwing my bike up and feeling no responsibility. Maybe I should of known all the technical info before I took the leaps. I've seen mention here that there is no one perfect tuning option for everyone, so it must be true.

I'm also glad we all have some passion when it comes to our beloved CVO's.   :coolblue:

enough cash in this department will cure it all.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2013, 12:20:06 PM »

Anyhow, I've said my piece on the subject and I intend to move on to more pressing issues, like what is the best motor oil for a Harley.

Jerry

??? ??? ???  You mean you don't already know?  ??? ??? ???
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »

Jerry

OMG! This thread is DOOMED now! Jerry said the "O" word!  :hanged:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:     Exactly.  And if I may be so bold as to expand on your comment Scot, I don't think anyone around here cares if the "tuners" get together on their own thread to discuss sensor mV output versus measured AFR, or the other thread they have running.  Those who aren't interested in that stuff will just skip the thread, sort of like how some of us ignore the threads about guns or other subjects that don't interest us.  The problem comes when they hijack other people's threads and then start acting like children, taking a simple question and turning it into a never ending discourse of how great they are at using product XYZ and ignoring the fact that the people the thread was aimed at aren't tuners and are probably looking for the most practical solution for them.

Jerry

And.....   once again Jerry is spot on as usual (I was wrong about being wrong when, previously, I thought was wrong but was mistaken about that).

I actually quite like the good technical threads.  Can't help but have noticed the recent influx of vendors/gurus/agents/whatever they are.  Had assumed they migrated from another site.  In and of itself I could care less.  This place has always been surprisingly inclusive.

My (personal) complaint is when the vendors play mine-is-bigger and hijack the threads either belittling the civilians (who aren't always wrong, by the way) or competing with each other.  They're not subtle either.  It's obvious most couldn't give a damn about the civilians they're  preaching to or competing for the attention of.  It's just competition with their competition because it is oh-so-important to have the self-perception of looking good.  Insecurities being what they are that may be important.  But to most of us here it's just not (he says while typing while wearing only his tidy whities waiting for laundry to finish).

So to all the new vendors, technicians and technician wannabes; welcome aboard.  But from one semi-humble member whose opinion likely matters to no one but himself (and not even always to himself) if you have to be competitive find your own threads.  Go on and on and on and on.  I might even search a specific detail later and find something worth learning.  So thank you for the effort (but don't expect me to read the whole damned thing).

But don't hijack someone's topic for sales or other self-aggrandizing.  I know it's your intent to look better, smarter, $65 million dollar man better than those you're competing with but too often you just look tacky and make most of us less likely to spend money with you.

Seriously, we can hijack threads bad enough on our own; but in ways we enjoy and that fits within how we've always been comfortable.  We don't need a dozen or so sales parasites weenies wankers gentlemen running off on tangents that actually benefit no one (including themselves).

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »

See me ride out of the sunset. On your color TV screen. Out for all that I can get. If you know what I mean. Women to the left of me. And women to the right. Ain't got no gun. Ain't got no knife
Don't you start no fight
'Cause I'm T.T.S I'm dynamite
(T.T.S.) and I'll win the fight
(T.T.S.) I'm a power load..........

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

Dang someone dug up a 3 year old thread made buy a guy that hasn't logged in for more then a year,  :nixweiss:

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2013, 04:47:54 PM »

I don't understand beating that to death while ignoring the real issue.
Some "experts" in this thread finally admitted, but probably not on purpose, what several of us were trying to tell the OP.  The T-Max is not magic, no matter how many false claims the folks at Zipper's and T-Max make about automatic tuning and no dyno time needed, etc.  The fact that a person with a tuning background and the proper equipment can tune his bike with a T-Max doesn't help the typical member who asks these kinds of questions on the site.  You know, the vast majority who don't work on bikes and have no desire to spend the next year or two acquiring the knowledge and tools to tune the bike themselves.  And regardless of what anyone may claim, there aren't a lot of T-Max tuners out there waiting to fix the not-so-automatic T-Max tune.  If someone gets lucky and the base map happens to match their bike well, great for them.  For all the others who fall for the "install and forget" implied by the advertising, they tend to be the source of all those T-Max devices that can be found for sale after Zipper's support fails to address the issues and the customer can't find a qualified tuner to fix the product that supposedly never needs tuning or dyno time.

In case anyone doesn't understand my reason for stating all this, it's pretty simple really.  I have a real problem with people and products that use misleading or outright false claims to sell their snake oil, and I don't recommend such a product to anyone without first offering advice to do your homework and be aware of the BS.  If someone knows going in that they personally don't know how to tweak the tune themselves, and they don't have anyone nearby who uses that particular system and could in fact tune it for them, they need to think about that before blindly plunking down their money.

Jerry
I don't understand beating that to death while ignoring the real issue.
Which Is??
Jerry,
Every time you use The “ZIPPERS” word in your posts the story ends with bashing “ZIPPERS” because you had or heard about a bad experience with “ZIPPERS.
I’m happy you’re amused; at least that’s a positive.
Opinions & Feelings do not trump experience.
Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

DtyHarry

• Junior CVO Member
  • Enjoy every day as if it's the last one...
    • CA
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2013, 10:59:03 PM »

Quite the opinions here on this topic.  Based on my read the TTS would appear to be the easier route to go for someone who has no mechanical ability (me) and just wants to change out the exhaust and have the paid mechanic do the dyno tune.  My dealer is recommending the SERT but this does not look the better product - I'm sure this is the only product a HD is going to recommend.  I guess no-one here is using a Power Commander either...

I'll just need to find a reliable mechanic who can do the tune via the TTS option... Thanks.

Harry
2013 CVO RG, Anniv Ed; Ohlin 159s; Race Tech Gold Emulators; Danny Grey weekday 2 up; 10" Black Chubby Apes; Fullsac DX Pipe; V&H OS 450s; chopped tour pack; TTS Mastertune; Zumo 665; Focal 165 speakers;

Max Headflow

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2013, 12:04:15 AM »

Oh, we care about tuning, Max... it's just not the ONLY thing we care about. Tuning is important, and I understand it quite well, thank you. But trying to get the last ounce of performance out of a 110" engine is a good way to destroy it.

Then you have a Dyno??

They have enough issues in stock form. Most of us don't drag race these expensive machines. I would never want to give up ion sensing and leave my engine unprotected against preignition and/or detonation from a tank of bad gas on a hot day 300 miles from home.

Ion sensors are definitely good for those that don't understand ignition timing..

You like the T-Max, then fine... use it and be happy. I will stick with the TTS and the Harley ECM because I think Steve Cole and his team understand Harley tuning and the Delphi system better than anyone outside of Delphi itself. I think the MasterTune is the most flexible tuner out there, and it just keeps getting better.
Ken

Notice that Steve is trying to make the "ease of tune" the same as the Tmax by adding data collection to the dongle so you don't need to carry along a laptop and figuring out a way to extend the narrow band sensors to broadband capability?  Kinda sounds like he want the functionality of a Tmax..  :nixweiss:

Max

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »

Can someone who knows this guy from the other site that's been mentioned tell me if it's more likely he's being facetious or is just being a dick?

Who cares about the other site? :nixweiss:  The dick ratio is pretty high on the 13 posts here.

Then you have a Dyno??

Ion sensors are definitely good for those that don't understand ignition timing..

When Brian is right he's right....   :wall:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.