Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: New EMS from Rev Performance  (Read 40838 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: New EMS from Rev Performance
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2010, 10:53:19 PM »

GEEEZZZ
 Heatwave
You are like one of Michael Vicks dog's going after a raw steak.  
I just reread all your posts on this so far.  Your arm must be tired...that's a whole lot of grenades you have been throwing.
Is there a reason why you are putting a bullseye on this target?

Do you tune bikes for living?  Why so threatened?  

This could be the biggest flop or the greatest thing since EFI....I dunno :nixweiss:

One last thing...I think its Rev Performance...not REVTECH

My apologies on the wrong name. My interest is solely personal from a technical perspective. I'm considering a new tuning system as I currently own the SEPST. I'm simply an individual bike own that enjoys tuning my own bike. I see that Rev Performance offers a feature capability that no other tuner offers (Torque Management according to their own literature) and I'm intrigued. I try to get a straight answer and I get run arounds, non-answers and now attacks for asking the question.

It's obvious to me that when there's no clear answer that there's a reason the answer is hidden. You may be satisified but I'm not. I challenge you to find a single grenade I've thrown. I've shared honest opinion (for whatever it's worth) and asked legitimate questions such as what the benefit is of the Rev Performance TM feature . Deal with it...or not. Makes no difference to me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:55:49 PM by Heatwave »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »

I try to get a straight answer and I get run arounds, non-answers and now attacks for asking the question.

A suggestion.  Before damning them completely give them a call and ask the question.  I've called several times with questions.  They've been nothing but polite and forthcoming.

A couple of questions I asked knowing beforehand the answer would likely be some version of "that's proprietary."  They said that but still found a way to answer enough of the question to get the job done.

This site nor this format is their tech support medium.  They never said it was so I'm not sure it's fair to cite them for not doing in depth tech support here.  If they seem dodgy over the phone when you speak with them share that here too.  All facets of the vendor's response and product are what we're interested in here.

hogasm

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 06:56:56 AM »

My apologies on the wrong name. My interest is solely personal from a technical perspective. I'm considering a new tuning system as I currently own the SEPST. I'm simply an individual bike own that enjoys tuning my own bike. I see that Rev Performance offers a feature capability that no other tuner offers (Torque Management according to their own literature) and I'm intrigued. I try to get a straight answer and I get run arounds, non-answers and now attacks for asking the question.

It's obvious to me that when there's no clear answer that there's a reason the answer is hidden. You may be satisified but I'm not. I challenge you to find a single grenade I've thrown. I've shared honest opinion (for whatever it's worth) and asked legitimate questions such as what the benefit is of the Rev Performance TM feature . Deal with it...or not. Makes no difference to me.

If you like to play with your......then this is not for you. It is a plug and play device. With advice that you could tweak out a few more hp/tq then go with a different device.

If it is too hard to make a phone call to Brian or Andrew at Revolution Performance 920-892-2109 or to another company that makes a tuning device that you might consider....and you believe everything printed on any forum....you deserve what you end up with.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 08:09:30 AM »

Heatwave

It's not a personal attack, just trying to find out where all your passion is coming from.  I always like a devils advocate approach.

Just saying in your first post... in 7 minutes you had determined it was a waste of time.
By your second post...you were skeptical, concerned for safety, the company was not going to stand behind their product, and I think they were going to be out of business.  

Just go back and reread...you come at this with both barrels blazzin'

I can deal with it and even appreciate it.  Just sayin' if your looking for a straight answer call Rev Performance.  But you may want to start with a little more of an open mind before you dial.

If this thing works and is reliable, I will want it, and so will everyone else.  Check that not everyone will, this could really hurt some of our most knowledgeable people here.  Guys that make there living selling a competing product or those who use a dyno to make a living.  For those folks I hope it is a total flop, but for the rest of us, I hope it works and is reliable.  Again...Time will tell.

Keep asking good questions, but read between the lines, depending on who you ask you may very well be getting the run around.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:40:08 AM by guppytrash »

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »

Please feel free to give me or any of staff a call at any time. Heat, if you get a minute please give me a shout and we can talk about your questions. I was not trying to give you an evasive answer in my post. Your topic is something that is way easy to talk about then write about.

BN

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 09:25:31 AM »

A suggestion.  Before damning them completely give them a call and ask the question.  I've called several times with questions.  They've been nothing but polite and forthcoming.

A couple of questions I asked knowing beforehand the answer would likely be some version of "that's proprietary."  They said that but still found a way to answer enough of the question to get the job done.

This site nor this format is their tech support medium.  They never said it was so I'm not sure it's fair to cite them for not doing in depth tech support here.  If they seem dodgy over the phone when you speak with them share that here too.  All facets of the vendor's response and product are what we're interested in here.

X1
I've been emailing and calling them.. So far they are very responsive and eager to address any concerns without making claims 'mine is better than yours'.... I like these folks, and as TwoLane pointed out,,, call them, so far they seem to have time to discuss your issues, but I have a feeling these guys will be very busy sooner than latter..I'm an old fart and have played around with tuning more than I should have,,, time is getting to precious,, I plan to spend the rest of it riding and not worrying about the 'next tune'. I'm happy and satisfied this product will do what they claim, and if not, it won't be the last time I threw money away... Seems to be the story of our lifes... Time to ride boys and girls... And not worry :2vrolijk_21:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

http://revperf.com/Precision/index.html

$800.  So comparable to the T-Max package or to a SERT and a dyno tune.  Perhaps even a bit less in some cases.  Revolution Performance is in the Drag book now too.  So once a Drag number is published maybe likely even 20% cheaper from Jenni.  $600 makes it even more open to consideration.

TwoLane,,

Just got a quote from Jenni,, better deal then thought..she is selling for $448.00   :2vrolijk_21:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »

Heatwave

It's not a personal attack, just trying to find out where all your passion is coming from.  I always like a devils advocate approach.

Just saying in your first post... in 7 minutes you had determined it was a waste of time.
By your second post...you were skeptical, concerned for safety, the company was not going to stand behind their product, and I think they were going to be out of business.  

Just go back and reread...you come at this with both barrels blazzin'

I can deal with it and even appreciate it.  Just sayin' if your looking for a straight answer call Rev Performance.  But you may want to start with a little more of an open mind before you dial.

If this thing works and is reliable, I will want it, and so will everyone else.  Check that not everyone will, this could really hurt some of our most knowledgeable people here.  Guys that make there living selling a competing product or those who use a dyno to make a living.  For those folks I hope it is a total flop, but for the rest of us, I hope it works and is reliable.  Again...Time will tell.

Keep asking good questions, but read between the lines, depending on who you ask you may very well be getting the run around.

To be fair, I wasn't interest in the product UNTIL 2 questions/issues were addressed. The first dealt with how a dealer's instruments would "see" the ECU after REV Performance's modifications were made. This answer came later in the thread and was positive from my perspective in that it's not going to throw any unusual codes that would result in a dealership telling you to "hit the road" if you have an engine management issue.

My level of interested changed from "I would never send my ECU to a mailing address that I know very little about", to "Tell me more" after this clarification on the dealership diagnostics.

Then someone posts a comparison table of Rev Performance's tuning features to other tuning products on the market. That comparison shows REV Performance as addressing a number of tuning features of interest to me, one being Torque Management since I own a TBW 2010 HD. Some have suggested that TM is holding these bikes back from performing as strongly as their cable-operated brethren. Others suggest that TM is irrelevant to their performance.

Either way, TBW bikes with the same displacement and engine upgrades are generally performing at levels 10% (peak) below bikes without TBW TBs (based on my general review of dynos charts that have been shared). If this 10% reduction is due to TM (and I'm not convinced it is yet), then I would certainly like to better understand why REV Performance is promoting TM as a feature that they offer that no one else offers.

What benefit is REV's TM providing that is not available from any other tuning approach? If the benefit is compelling, then my interest in this product goes up substantially. To date, the only response regarding this question result in run-around answers. I see know reason why a basic response on a forum like this on the topic of why TM is a feature that REV highlights as unique to their product should be so difficult to respond to.

Even if you don't care for my style in getting there, does this background help others in understanding where my positions and questions regarding this product are coming from?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:47:57 AM by Heatwave »

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »

Heat,

I see that you are online right now.  I am in the office and would enjoy visiting with you about the product.  My number is 920-892-2109 or if you will PM me yours I would be happy to call on my dime.

BN

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »

TwoLane,,

Just got a quote from Jenni,, better deal then thought..she is selling for $448.00   :2vrolijk_21:

That's homework I'd not done yet.  Still far enough away on the Road King project wasn't necessary and the locals who it now seems will go that way sometime this winter either hadn't looked or hadn't mentioned.

Many spend that (or close to it) for just a spin on a dyno.  And that's a crap shoot and doesn't buy the hardware/software package.  The same money buying the tune and an enhancement of the bike's base hardware moves the product beyond interesting to an almost "must do" for anyone who like me anymore is only interested in the end result.  Get no satisfaction of runs on the bike with a laptop hooked up chasing calibrations or other data just to "dial it in" halfway close.  If I can be good to begin will gladly let the package have the credit for getting me there.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »

TwoLane,,

Unless they are in business to loose money that is not going to happen. This price is way way way below dealers cost! If its true i know where i'll be buying them.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »

Unless they are in business to loose money that is not going to happen. This price is way way way below dealers cost! If its true i know where i'll be buying them.....

With their posted MSRP that price does seem unbelievably kind.  Couldn't help but think it might be a mistake.  Just like Jim Jenni is good people.  Would be worth letting her know this one is worth reviewing.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 11:43:46 AM »

That's homework I'd not done yet.  Still far enough away on the Road King project wasn't necessary and the locals who it now seems will go that way sometime this winter either hadn't looked or hadn't mentioned.

Many spend that (or close to it) for just a spin on a dyno.  And that's a crap shoot and doesn't buy the hardware/software package.  The same money buying the tune and an enhancement of the bike's base hardware moves the product beyond interesting to an almost "must do" for anyone who like me anymore is only interested in the end result.  Get no satisfaction of runs on the bike with a laptop hooked up chasing calibrations or other data just to "dial it in" halfway close.  If I can be good to begin will gladly let the package have the credit for getting me there.

:2vrolijk_21:   :drink:   :drink:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »

With their posted MSRP that price does seem unbelievably kind.  Couldn't help but think it might be a mistake.  Just like Jim Jenni is good people.  Would be worth letting her know this one is worth reviewing.

Jenni got a call in very quick order.. She miss quoted the price and sent me a correction - actual cost is $560.. per Jenni about two mins ago..   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »

Jenni got a call in very quick order.. She miss quoted the price and sent me a correction - actual cost is $560.. per Jenni about two mins ago..   :2vrolijk_21:

That's good news.  At that price it's still a bargain compared to the purchase of a tuning hardware/software package and someone's dyno time.  Makes for a very effective price point.

The qualifier of course is that it works as advertised.  Limited data points so far have all been favorable though.  Even full MSRP is fair compared to the other costs and time of getting one dialed in.  Can only hope the responses to use continue to be good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.