Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: New EMS from Rev Performance  (Read 40844 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: New EMS from Rev Performance
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »

Either way, TBW bikes with the same displacement and engine upgrades are generally performing at levels 10% (peak) below bikes without TBW TBs (based on my general review of dynos charts that have been shared). If this 10% reduction is due to TM (and I'm not convinced it is yet), then I would certainly like to better understand why REV Performance is promoting TM as a feature that they offer that no one else offers.

I am not sure I can agree with 10% but I have seen a steady decline in performance with these bikes.
I am now confident TM is just a red herring but still don't know the root cause. Some very big motors with great heads and cam are laying over too soon and they are not shorted for air, 100% MAP is present.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »

Either way, TBW bikes with the same displacement and engine upgrades are generally performing at levels 10% (peak) below bikes without TBW TBs (based on my general review of dynos charts that have been shared). If this 10% reduction is due to TM (and I'm not convinced it is yet), then I would certainly like to better understand why REV Performance is promoting TM as a feature that they offer that no one else offers.

I am not sure I can agree with 10% but I have seen a steady decline in performance with these bikes.
I am now confident TM is just a red herring but still don't know the root cause. Some very big motors with great heads and cam are laying over too soon and they are not shorted for air, 100% MAP is present.

A little bit of time and experience with this product in our hands will let the cat out the bag in short order... For any of you engine builders/tuners out there,, i would bet Rev Perf would jump to providing some sort of test unit if arrangements were made to promote their product.. This is just my assumption  :P and defiantly worth a try for some of you.... HurryUp... make a deal,,, lots of us are waiting on the limp..  :2vrolijk_21:

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »

Related to this topic, but sorta off.....

RevPerf has joined this site as a sponsor, so kudus to them for joining and supporting all of us here.

Now, back to your program......

jaxx

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 cvo road glide ultra
    • CVO2: 2011 tri glide classic
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »

pricey

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2010, 02:28:46 PM »

Related to this topic, but sorta off.....

RevPerf has joined this site as a sponsor, so kudus to them for joining and supporting all of us here.

Now, back to your program......

And I second the kudo's 

Welcome RevPerf  :2vrolijk_21:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

pricey

I don't think so,, i tend to agree with TwoLanes point.. see reply #76

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »

pricey
Compared to what?  Seems like a bargain to me.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »

Please feel free to give me or any of staff a call at any time. Heat, if you get a minute please give me a shout and we can talk about your questions. I was not trying to give you an evasive answer in my post. Your topic is something that is way easy to talk about then write about.

BN

Great conversation with these guys (including one of their software engineers) today. Learned alot. This product seems like an ideal solution for the guy looking to plug/play/ride with as little fussing as possible. Might not be as ideal for the guy that wants to "tinker" and make manual adjustments since there's no user interface, but if you're looking for a plug/play "self-tuning" approach, they are worth a phone call to learn more and to see if it would be suitable for your needs.

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

SBB...they are a vendor.  And member. Sorry for the misquote.

Dennis

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »

SBB...they are a vendor.  And member. Sorry for the misquote.

Dennis

:2vrolijk_21:    :2vrolijk_21:    :2vrolijk_21: 

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »

let's see if I sorted out all right what was told to us:

1. OEM O2-sensors will be changed to wide band sensors

2. additional controller will be installed similar to a pc

3. ECM will be flashed with a) in tuning section only with OEM plus unknown code and b) a new base map

4. the ECM afterwards will appear and act as before and if accessed by SESPT or Digital Technician no difference will be shown.

and conclusions:

1. system stays in closed loop almost all the time and ajusts both AFR and timing on the fly

2. changes up to 20 % from the new base map are supposed to be "autotuned", mayor changes (esp. injectors) need reflashing the ECM.

3. you still may change the base map by SESPT/TTS or other device yourself if you wish - and see fit - to do so.

so after all info gathered here this seems to be the solution for everybody who has no or only mediocre tuning capability with standard tools at hand.

I may give it a try next year when factory warranty has expired. Meanwhile please post further experiences  :2vrolijk_21:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2010, 10:27:56 AM »

let's see if I sorted out all right what was told to us:

1. OEM O2-sensors will be changed to wide band sensors

2. additional controller will be installed similar to a pc

3. ECM will be flashed with a) in tuning section only with OEM plus unknown code and b) a new base map

4. the ECM afterwards will appear and act as before and if accessed by SESPT or Digital Technician no difference will be shown.

and conclusions:

1. system stays in closed loop almost all the time and ajusts both AFR and timing on the fly

2. changes up to 20 % from the new base map are supposed to be "autotuned", mayor changes (esp. injectors) need reflashing the ECM.

3. you still may change the base map by SESPT/TTS or other device yourself if you wish - and see fit - to do so.

so after all info gathered here this seems to be the solution for everybody who has no or only mediocre tuning capability with standard tools at hand.

I may give it a try next year when factory warranty has expired. Meanwhile please post further experiences  :2vrolijk_21:

To sum it all up,, and if it works.... It's simply 'Simple'  :P

I talked to folks at RBRacing yesterday and learned their new digital dual AFR meter can be spliced into the Wide band sensors and provide dual purpose operation, monitor AFR under actual driving conditions and provide data for seamless REV Performance EMS operation. I will adapt the AFR meter when i install the EMS. At least this will provide some monitoring of AFR in real life cycles.  I also plan to adapt the DTT Twin Scan so to capture/log actual data cycles under various loads/conditions.  This in itslef will tell us if the REV Performance is telling us the 'real deal' and i dont doupt that they arent.. Just nice to have proof in the pudding   :2vrolijk_21:

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »

good you guys do the testing for us  ;D

We got 5 F and some 10 inches of snow in front of the garage, some more to come tonight - riding finished early this year  :(
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »

good you guys do the testing for us  ;D

Yes, Thanks to the testers.
And keep the information coming.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »

Jim, HD-DUDE, replaced the Daytona Twin Tech III on my '07 FLHTCUSE2 with the new EMS from Rev Performance last Saturday. The bike now runs as good as it has ever run! Gone are the random hard starts (especially when the bike was hot), occasional backfires, and other TT III anomalies.

For me the Twin Tech III has always been erratic - it worked well most of the time and then it would suddenly be a pain in the butt - usually when friends were waiting for me to get the bike started after a gas-up. Jim tuned and tweaked the TT III map but we were never able to get it to run as well as the Rev Performance EMS does right out of the box.

One other note about the TT III: it somehow messes with the clock signal on the engine management bus such that the Harley Advanced Audio Navigation Module will not sync up satellites properly after being replaced/reset. Swap the TT III with a stock ECU and the Harley Navigation Module initializes properly. Swap back the stock ECU with the TT III and the Navigation Module contines to work. Go figure.

I'll add my name to the list of endorsers of this product.

Clyde

PS: Anyone who wants a used TT III contact me offline.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.