Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: New EMS from Rev Performance  (Read 40836 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: New EMS from Rev Performance
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

I'd like to see what the dyno looks like if Jim ran one. Thanks for the report.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2010, 05:19:14 PM »

I will bring my 124 in for a pull or 2 the next time Jim has a dyno scheduled.  Since I have results from the Twin Tech it should be a decent comparison.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »

I will bring my 124 in for a pull or 2 the next time Jim has a dyno scheduled.  Since I have results from the Twin Tech it should be a decent comparison.

Enough miles yet to make a fair comparison of fuel usage?

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »

Haven't done a whole lot of riding sunce the weather has been crappy, but gas mileage seems to be about the same.  Was getting ~185 miles on a tank before and this seems similar.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2010, 03:29:36 PM »

Thanks so much for using the product Clyde and we are glad you are enjoying it.

Revperf

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2010, 09:47:34 PM »

Thanks so much for using the product Clyde and we are glad you are enjoying it.

Revperf

Brian, was discussing your EMS product with a couple buddies over breakfast one morning last weekend.  Had a couple questions come up that I'd not seen answered before.  Both related to potential problems while on the road.

First was can you provide an OE number for the o2 sensors used in the kit?  Should something fail out in the boonies somewhere a part number that could be carried in to an auto parts store could be a help because you know any Harley shop will be useless.

Second question was on the map installed in the customer's ECM.  If the customer requested it would you supply a copy of the map on disk that could be carried in the bike?  Same logic as with the sensor.  If an ECM craps out somewhere a dealership could at least load the map in a replacement to get you home.  Wouldn't have any other changes you make.  But would at least be a good base tune to finish a trip.

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »

Brian, was discussing your EMS product with a couple buddies over breakfast one morning last weekend.  Had a couple questions come up that I'd not seen answered before.  Both related to potential problems while on the road.

First was can you provide an OE number for the o2 sensors used in the kit?  Should something fail out in the boonies somewhere a part number that could be carried in to an auto parts store could be a help because you know any Harley shop will be useless.

Second question was on the map installed in the customer's ECM.  If the customer requested it would you supply a copy of the map on disk that could be carried in the bike?  Same logic as with the sensor.  If an ECM craps out somewhere a dealership could at least load the map in a replacement to get you home.  Wouldn't have any other changes you make.  But would at least be a good base tune to finish a trip.

Great questions!  Let’s address them in order.  The OE number for the Bosch sensor is #17014.  It is a very standard LSU 4.2 sensor and is readily available at most parts stores.  The only real difference is the connection end for the harness, which is unique, but could be spliced onto the new sensor in an emergency.  Let’s talk about how the bike will react if you should fail a sensor.  There are fail-safes written into the system that when the ECM recognizes that a sensor has failed or even starts to provide very skewed data, the bike will revert back into open loop protective mode and keep going.  Obviously it will not be running optimally but it will get you there.  Then you can make a decision as to how you want to proceed.  We keep 750-1000 sensors on the shelf at all times and they can be overnighted out at a moment’s notice or you can go the parts house route for the time being.   As soon as the sensor is replaced, the ECM recognizes that the data is acceptable and goes right back into adaptive mode and you are on your way as before.
The second question has to do with the ECU and/or map.  Because of the unique way that we code the ECU we can’t supply a map to you for you to load because the dealership wouldn’t be able to load it in the manner that we do.  But before panic sets in, let me stress that the same logic holds true for the ECM as for the sensor.  If you were at a dealership they could just replace the ECM with a new one and flash it to get you going for the short term.  Same situation would hold true if you have a T-Max and no extra OE ECM with you or if you don’t have the equipment to reload a TTS or PC map back into the new ECM.  The other option is that we have a cache of emergency ECM’s on the shelf at all times that can be programmed with your original cal file that we store on a protected server and can be sent overnight, early AM if necessary, to wherever you are in the world and you simply plug it back in a go.  No trying to find a dyno, no re-learning of the system.  You have to buy the ECM but we charge you nothing to re-load your system.  Let me stress something though, the instance of a true ECM failure with the equipment today is extremely rare per-capita.  Nonetheless, we have made every attempt before we even released this product to take into account these scenarios and provide unparalleled customer support. 

Brian

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »

Nonetheless, we have made every attempt before we even released this product to take into account these scenarios and provide unparalleled customer support. 

Brian

Thanks Brian.  That all seems reasonable.  That 17014 is the same sensor packaged with the Thundermax and has proved readily available.  That you're keeping a cache of ECMs in house that can be used for next day replacement satisfactorily would handle that potential issue also.  Especially when you could cool your heels at a hotel pool for a day waiting for the FedEx truck the next morning before taking ten minutes to swap the ECM before breakfast.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »

I installed the EMS last night. Had it for a while but weather here has been the pits so I was delayed. REV Perf is busting ass to provide great support and deserves kudos for that. I am probably what would be considered a real "problem customer". My bike has not run right from the inception with the 117. I had a DTT on it at one time, a real problem and left me stranded once. Then went back to the stock ECU and a TTS. No major issues just a small problem area that would have been worked out in time. But that is time I do not have and I thought I would dive in and try the EMS. I also have a bad preconcieved bias about "self-tuning" devices without the aid of a MAF system.
So far I am very impressed. The install took 30 minutes to install and I fired it up. It was late and cold so I just let it warm up and then started to rev it to the problem areas, 1800-2200 and the uneven reversion behavior was gone. Now just a steady beat. I will get it on the road and report back. I am cautiously excited about this product and if it works on my problem child it will certainly be great on most of the builds I supply heads for. This will take one persistent problem out of the whole process of modifying these motors, finding a great tuner or dealing with laptops and road tuning.  In a few cases a custom tune might yield a few more hp but in my case I do not care I want driveability and reliability. In a lot of cases a custom tune may go the other way if the tuner does not understand procedures to optimize fuel and spark. So that is just one ritual I am hoping to do away with as we don't have any good tuners close by to Seattle that I am aware of and I have tried most of them or my customers have.
We will see, I will report more.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »

I put the 124" on the dyno yesterday just to see what the air/fuel looks like with the RevPerf ECM.  The HP/Torque numbers were similar to the Daytona Twin Tech, and the A/F number varied between 12:1 & 13.5:1, but mostly stayed around 13:1.  Not quite as flat as the Twin Tech, but I haven't been riding it much due to weather so the tuner might not have gotten itself adjusted yet.  That being said, the difference in throttle response, starting, and idling are so major that I will be using this going forward.  Anyone want to buy a used Daytona Twin Tech set up?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »

This is very interesting even for this successful and satisfied TMax user, yes I have spent thousands of miles tweaking my map.

I almost think it runs perfect now.

Thank you all for sharing your technical intelligence.

I wish every one A Healthy, Safe and Happy New Year.

Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

hellmut73

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »

Any further reports on dyno results?????? 

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »

Any further reports on dyno results?????? 

Hellmut,

Here is a sheet from Open Road H-D comparing the system to an SE tuned 110. 

Brian

brypink

• Fight for Friends...Die for Family
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »

Hellmut,

Here is a sheet from Open Road H-D comparing the system to an SE tuned 110. 

Brian

Brian,

Any dyno comparisons/results with built engines? 

Thanks,
Bryan
2009 FLHX Street Glide Vivid Black w/ABS
TMan 107" Stage III / 625 cams / HPI 54mm throttle
Fullsac X-Pipe / Jackpot Pro 4.5 / SEST / 117hp & 120tq
19" Apes / 21&18 Creations 5 / IDA-X305 / Arc Mini / Pro60SE

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=3823&page=2

Bryan,

Try this link.  This graph is from a built 124". I was really hoping that the guy that owns it was going to post it because I think it adds a lot more credibility than the manufacturer doing it.

Brian
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 25 queries.