Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: please send prayers  (Read 10002 times)

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
Re: please send prayers
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »

Thoughts and Prayers are with you
That just happened

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »

Our thoughts and prayers are with your grandson and your family.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »

Evan just finished his 3rd trip to Oklahoma City Childrens Hospital today. They will probably be weekly for up to six weeks, then monthly to every three months for next 3-4 years.

When the little guy went in originally, his bone marrow content was 98% T-Cell Leukemia. Doctors said he would have only survived another two weeks tops. They also warned that the initial operation had high risks of lung collapse and death. On life support in the original visit, they pumped different stuff into his little body day and night.

After a week, bone marrow Leukemia had dropped to levels that allowed him to go home with a sack full of meds ranging from Chemo, steroids, antibiotics, anti-nausea, and on and on...

The following Week, he returned to the hospital for more sedation and operations including the removal of more bone marrow for testing. The results were better than expected with an overall Leukemia count now down to 9%. Again he was able to come home, but suffered considerable pain and nausea so he was unable to stand straight or do much walking. His body muscles are basically evaporating. I feed the little guy meds and made him food about every ten minutes. He can't stop eating.

What I probably did not mention was that his meds are a new experimental combination of chemo drugs and others to make side effects less traumatic. Since he was so close to death originally, the doctors asked his parents if they would participate in this trial and also allow some extra bone marrow removal for testing. The theory is that these real situation tests may prove a better treatment system for all kids facing leukemia in the future. The doctor has been working on these kids with luekemia for 30 years and has pioneered some of the biggest break-throughs in the field of treating cancer in kids. The initial goal of these trail meds were to achieve total extinction of cancer cells within the first 30 days.

Today Evan was back under sedation for more treatments and testing.
He is home now and still doing pretty well considering all he has to suffer through. The good news is that tests today showed a "possible" cancer percent of about 2%. I say possible because that 2% may just be dead cancer cells. The doctors say that it may well be the case that the 2% is really "no cancer" at this point. I gotta point out this is a timeframe of about half of what they had hoped to accomplish this in with the new experimental drugs.

Round One goes to an incredible staff of dedicated doctors and Evan of course. Now for round two. At this point Evan has no immune defenses left. It will take some time for that process to restart and build itself back up again. In the mean time Evan is in a very dangerous second phase. Any simple bug or infection or germ could be potentially fatal. I purchased a hepa filter with infared to filter the air in the house, just to put the battle a little more in his favor. Please keep sending prayers and good thoughts for the little guy.

jb

Ed45

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »

Thaoughts and prayers to him. Praying the vigor and stength of his youth will carry him to complete recovery. Ed

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »

You got it JB. Evan is and will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Howie

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »

Praying for Evan and all of your family Jb.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 01:01:58 PM »

Sorry I am just now getting to this, but my immediate and heartfelt prayers daily for you and your family, hoping for a full recovery with no remission...God Bless!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »

In our prayers every day!

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »

Well, it’s Wednesday again. Evan had to make the routine 5 hour round trip to the Children’s Hospital once again. He got more Chemo today, but there was not even a sign of that Leukemia this trip (once 98% of his spinal column, 2% last week).  :apple:  He didn’t need a blood transfusion again this week either. His Immune system also went from 84 last week to 3100 today. It’s all rough on the little guy, but he is responding better than expected in every way. Still very tough on his parents, but they are very glad Evan is progressing so well.

Next week they do more chemo, and then they will remove the tube from his heart that hangs out his arm right now. He will also be able to stop the Steroids soon. The following week (2 weeks from now), they will implant the semi-permanent port on his chest below the skin for future injections. It’s still going be a once a week ritual for up to six months. Then eventually, the trips will only be once every three months for 3-5 years.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and prayers, and please keep his family in your prayers for this long journey as well.

jb

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »

Thinking of you and your family.  Please keep us posted.
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:50 PM »

Prayers for Evan and your family.

This is a difficult time and I wish your family well...........
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 07:57:02 AM »

Jb,

What a great report!!! Keeping you all in our prayers!

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »

here is the link to clinical trials for anyone who wants to get an idea of the process
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00408005

I also heard this week that they are really close to a cure for a different cancer that is most always fatal.

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »

Praying for Evan and your family

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »

Great progress report!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 24 queries.