Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: please send prayers  (Read 10097 times)

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
Re: please send prayers
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »

Sorry, been slack in the update departmen lately, just don't have time to get on the Internet much right now.

Here is a link to updates on the clinical side for Evan;
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanlowndes/journal/1

jb

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »

Prayed for our little Saint Evan today along with your entire family! God's sweet love! :2vrolijk_21:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

Prayers going out to Evan and family.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 08:16:19 PM »

May GOD's healing hands be in touch with Evans body...we will lift him up in prayer tonight...

Keep the Faith

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2010, 05:00:38 PM »

If God is for you who can be against You.  Think Positive and dont let negativity enter In.  God Bless my Friend.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »

May God bless Evan and his family
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Tirpitz

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 Ultra Limited
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »

Prayers sent from Illinois
Everyone crashes. Some get back on, Some don't, Some can't.
Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and
lived, and still rides.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2011, 12:30:20 PM »

First, thanks to everyone who gave support and prayers for my grandson Evan. It's been a tough road, but I have good news.

Talked to my son Ryan. My grandson Evan is in the final part of the 3rd in a 4 part treatment. The 4th part is maintenance chemo. Evan is 5 years old now. Ryan can't watch because it creeps him out and the doctors and nurses have never seen it before, but Evan is now administering his own Chemo. It involves injecting the drugs into the port in his chest. Evan is the first kid there to do this on his own. There is a bell in the OK city childrens cancer ward. It can only be rung by a child who has beat Cancer. Soon Evan will be entering the last stage of treatment, and he will soon be ringing that bell, because he has beaten cancer. From a 2% chance of survival and 98% Luekemia in his spinal fluid, he has beat the odds. It has been one rough journey that no kid or parents should have to face. He is my little Hero...

My wife Maggie's mom has been battling cancer too, and was in chemo when she fell and shattered her shoulder. Doctors sent her home with pain meds and didn't return her calls for 10 days. That amounts to no less than abuse and torture.

Mag drove down there to help her mom and straighten out those damn doctors. She was in the hospital with her mom yesterday most of the day. No more doctor neglect with Maggie around. Her mom was on fluids all day as they are now trying to pump up her system to withstand a shoulder replacement operation. If all goes well, that will be soon. Once she recovers, they can continue with chemo. Please drop a prayer for her to beat these impossible odds, Your prayers sure worked for Evan.

Jimbob

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »

Great to hear Evan is doing so well. He has been in my prayers daily. Will now add Maggie's mother. What is mom's name, makes it more personal.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »

Great to hear Evan is doing so well. He has been in my prayers daily. Will now add Maggie's mother. What is mom's name, makes it more personal.
Mike
 :drink:

Thanks Mike, her name is Estelle.

You would not believe how many people responded to the good news about Evan. On the web or just around town, so many people told me they had been praying for Evan and didn't even know his name. They told me they figured God would know who they were praying for. LOL. His progress is astonishing, even the doctors and nurses are amazed. Glad his parents agreed to the trial drugs, and I hope those new meds make the difference in some other kids futures as well.

Thanks everybody, Jim

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »

Best news I have heard in a long time!  Thank you for the updates Jimbob.  Let us all give thanks for this one.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »

Great news, what a strong little man Evan is, prayers continue and added Estelle
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 08:42:21 AM »

Glad to hear the great news, I was wondering how he was doing. We've been praying for him since you posted, but were wondering how things were going. Tough little boy, and strong parents, he'll do well!

Craig

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

Just a note to update and Thank everyone for prayers, wishes, and even teddy bears... My grandson Evan is in full remission and has been on maintenance chemo for a while now. His immune system that had stopped functioning from the attack of chemo and radiation and was continuously propped up with blood transfusions has now taken hold again and is working properly. He shot up in height so fast his pants are kinda "high water" all of a sudden. His hair came back and he is very proud of it. Evan is an exceptionally bright kid and the worry was present that brain radiation could cause damage. He survived just as bright and spunky as he was before all this leukemia stuff.

Evan will be on maintenance chemo for quite a while yet, but considering he was given a 2%  chance of survival and now can live a real life as a child who beat cancer; I think it's nothing short of a miricle.

Thousands of small children face cancer every year, the people who staff these child cancer centers are nothing short of amazing. One of the factors involved in saving these kids is massive amounts of blood. It is the only thing keeping them alive through years of this battle. Please donate blood if you are able; it really could save a child's life.

The Ronald Mcdonald House charity provides housing and food for the parents of these children confined in Children's hospitals. I could not have been there to help the kids during those intense months of hospitalization without RMH. Please put them on your list if you are trying to decide on worthy charities.

Thanks again to everyone.

jb

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »

Great news!   :orange:   :huepfenjump3:   :mango:   :bananarock:   :drink:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.