Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Any Kryptonite bikes yet????  (Read 30284 times)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
Re: Any Kryptonite bikes yet????
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »

Hopefully those of you that are getting your Greenie next month will post tons of pics for us to see. Good Luck!
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2011, 10:37:45 PM »

My dealer called today and says the ship date for my Kryptonite is scheduled February 15. The wait continues...... :cucumber:

I called my dealer yesterday. Now they tell me the ship date has been moved up to Feb. 20th...
I requested to not take the bike out till I get there the same day, so I can take pictures. Then the sales guy asked me if it would be ok if 'HE' takes the pictures. I said NO WAY!! :nixweiss: The sales guy tells me there may not be enough room for a crate in the store. Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one....I reassured him I would be at the dealership within the hour of the bike arriving!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:40:39 PM by Lucky88 »
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

olivier105

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »

the kripto sounds like a never ending story  :soapbox: :soapbox:
don't know when mine arrives  :oops:

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »

Maybe they really don't exist?

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2011, 11:11:12 AM »

I called my dealer yesterday. Now they tell me the ship date has been moved up to Feb. 20th...
I requested to not take the bike out till I get there the same day, so I can take pictures. Then the sales guy asked me if it would be ok if 'HE' takes the pictures. I said NO WAY!! :nixweiss: The sales guy tells me there may not be enough room for a crate in the store. Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one....I reassured him I would be at the dealership within the hour of the bike arriving!!!

A fast one?!   :confused5:  Do you think he's going to take a black and orange one and paint it green himself?  :D

olivier105

• Full CVO Member
Any Kryptonite bikes yet????
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »

If they don't make the kripto on 2011.... I'll take a road gilde cvo on 2012 (harley Will probably make it)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

Stick to your guns and make sure you are there. When i made the request my dealer did not even blink and welcomed me. My wife and i went into the back of the shop and we took all the pictures we wanted as the crate was lifted. Awesome experience and to this day i still do not remember half of it since i was in lala land. My wife kept one of the pictures for herself. My hands on the back of my head and a look on my face she has not seen on my face in the 28 years that we have been together. I then used the pictures to keep looking at the bike to make sure everything was ok.

Don't forget to get the build sheet that comes with the bike. :2vrolijk_21:

FliesJetsRidesHDs

• CVO1: 2011 SE Street Glide -- Kryptonite Green
    • CVO2: For Sale -- 2003 V-Rod -- Black and Silver
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »

I just got a call from my HD dealer and he said they have their first Kryptonite one on order and it is mine.  I asked when I would be seeing it and he said they are delayed and it looks like April.  I still have my CVO 2005 Electraglide for now, so I will try to be patient.  Love that GREEN though. 

I was in Rockford, IL today and went by the HD shop and the dealer there told me that he had heard of paint problems and that maybe they weren't gonna make the green...I said, I hope that wasn't true since my guy just called last week to tell me the news of mine being ordered?  Got on here to check out the rumors. 

Thanks for all the info!  Waiting for April.  :-)

ultraroad

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »

My Dealer was telling me that Harley has notified them that there will be 50% more than originally planned  cvo S.G. models available in the up coming second release due to demand.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:44:11 AM by ultraroad »

olivier105

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:47 AM »

I hope to have my green this year, i have so modification to do on it :bananarock: :bananarock:

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »

I tell ya, they're imaginatory!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:58 AM »

My Dealer was telling me that Harley has notified them that there will be 50% more than originally planned  cvo S.G. models available in the up coming second release due to demand.  

So, when they say CVO production is "limited," it's only limited by demand .... just like any other model Harley makes. :idea2: :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »

So, when they say CVO production is "limited," it's only limited by demand .... just like any other model Harley makes. :idea2: :2vrolijk_21:
Yes sir... it's all about the $$$ :2vrolijk_21: There is a reason the MoCo uses "approximately" in all their advertisements of CVO's... More $$$... more CVO's. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »

"If they build them, we will buy them!"

At least that's the way it's been working so far.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »

In no way should you let them take the pictures, if you can help it.

I was second on the list for mine and the dealer called shortly before Sturgis to let me know that it was mine if I wanted it--first guy balked or didn't have the cash. I told him I'd be in Sturgis within two days and would like to let him know after I'd seen the colors in person. They must've unpacked and prepped the bike during those two days.

Regardless, I wish I had seen some of the posts on this site prior because I would've insisted they wait for me to unpack it.

If I could do it all over again, I'd have a ton of pictures and would've kept a lot of the packaging. What the hell--why not?

I even asked them for the crate bottom; they gave me an older one, not the one that my bike came on. Worth a try.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.