Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: ReelFoot Lake  (Read 7681 times)

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
Re: ReelFoot Lake
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 01:04:44 PM »

How do you post the Youtube videos?
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

04se103

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

Congratulations on the new place, it looks like you could go there and forget all your troubles.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

04se103

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »

How do you post the Youtube videos?
Use the Youtube Tag above the smiley face and paste your link in it

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »

I already have a fishing story. Cept this one is true.

J.D. And myself are idling alone slowly when all of a sudden a 30 pound (my guess)  flies into the boat with us. Holy sheep chit talj about ruining a good beerbuzz. Blood flying.. Fish flopping we were jumping outta the way  screaming what the hell

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

PAPA T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: Not CVO 99FXSTS
    • CVO3: NOT CVO 83 Ironhead & 98 Sportys
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »

Sounds like next year will be Hog Roast/ Crappie fry?

Was it an Asian carp that jumped in the boat Ken???

Tim
It'll feel better when it quits hurting!!!

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:45 PM »

Ken good to see you are getting to take some time off to relax and getting back to your saying "it really sucks to be me"   :huepfenlol2:

CONGRADS on your new get-a-way and your new found sport.  ;D :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:31:27 PM by bubba »
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 06:04:13 AM »

Yea. A silver Asian carp. After researching they are invading the Mississippi river and it's tributaries. Some get to 100 pounds. There's been a lot of people hurt by them.

Thanks bubba.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:16 AM »

Congrats on your new diggs Ken, We wish ya a lot of luck..................Looks pretty cool....................Fuzz :2vrolijk_21:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 08:51:14 AM »

This is the fish that jumped in the boat with us. Note the blood everywhere. Not sure why they bleed whenever they jump in.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »

if you need a good boat and lake web site go to cvo garage
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »

Fishing wasn't important after I lost my virginity so I quit fishing at the age of 11.  ;D  the only reason I ever started fishing was I thought it'd help me quit drinking. So, needless to say, I've forgotten how to fish. Being as I have this place on the lake, I decided I need to relearn how to fish. Bought a boat for about 5K, $1,000 worth of fishing gear, $100 for license, and $100 in beer. Put the boat in yesterday and fished all afternoon. I caught one crappie. It only dressed out about 1/4 pound of meat.  So, we froze it, and went to Boyettes and ate. Cost us $30. Whatta bargain!!! Boat might be for sale before long If'n I don't learn how to fish.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

Fishing wasn't important after I lost my virginity so I quit fishing at the age of 11.  ;D  the only reason I ever started fishing was I thought it'd help me quit drinking. So, needless to say, I've forgotten how to fish. Being as I have this place on the lake, I decided I need to relearn how to fish. Bought a boat for about 5K, $1,000 worth of fishing gear, $100 for license, and $100 in beer. Put the boat in yesterday and fished all afternoon. I caught one crappie. It only dressed out about 1/4 pound of meat.  So, we froze it, and went to Boyettes and ate. Cost us $30. Whatta bargain!!! Boat might be for sale before long If'n I don't learn how to fish.

Really nice place, Ken.  I don't know anything about Reelfoot Lake, but at one time in the not too distant past, I was a pretty damn good bass fisherman...enough so that I had a 19' Bass Cat with a 200HP Merc on it.  I figure that the cost per pound of fish that I kept was about 1K, when you count the boat, truck to pull the boat, 14 rods and reels, night lights, a 52 gallon gas tank on the boat, with a motor that got about 2mpg when running 70mph.

But, I'll volunteer to come up and teach you how to fish, if you'll supply the beer and BBQ... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »

Really nice place, Ken.  I don't know anything about Reelfoot Lake, but at one time in the not too distant past, I was a pretty damn good bass fisherman...enough so that I had a 19' Bass Cat with a 200HP Merc on it.  I figure that the cost per pound of fish that I kept was about 1K, when you count the boat, truck to pull the boat, 14 rods and reels, night lights, a 52 gallon gas tank on the boat, with a motor that got about 2mpg when running 70mph.

But, I'll volunteer to come up and teach you how to fish, if you'll supply the beer and BBQ... :2vrolijk_21:

Do a web search on ReelFoot Lake. Interesting place. Formed by the great earthquakes of 1812. New Madrid fault. It'sa shallow lake, full of stumps. Running up on the stumps is just part of fishing there. No need for a 200 HP engine, as everything is always idling. Well, if you like your boat it is.

Just tell me when you'll be here. Beer is cheap...considering the investment to date.  ;D

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 07:56:45 PM »

HogBreath, I'm real familar with Reelfoot Lake as I live not far from there in Dyersburg.  I ride the area often and enjoy the serenity of the lake area.  My advise would include stocking up on "skeeter" dope as they get pretty thick during the warm months.  Also watch where you step around your cabin because I've seen some really big water moccasins lurking around there and they can be pretty agressive and mean.  Abernathy's H-D is just down the road in Union City if you need any bike stuff.  They've been around awhile and will treat you right.  Another note, watch overhead branches when fishing from your boat because the moccasins love hanging out on them and will drop into your boat if your not careful.  Usually there are some bouys ( some homemade ) marking the deeper channels of water for the boats.  I've only been out in a flat bottom Jon boat on Reelfoot since they set alittle higher in the water and you are right about keeping your speed down.  Heck, I think you could probably walk 2/3rds of the lake due to being so shallow.  Your place looks great and I'm sure your going to enjoy it.  Maybe I'll run into you there sometime. Have fun.
Jesus is Lord
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.