Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SESG Rider Back Rest  (Read 2896 times)

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
SESG Rider Back Rest
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »

Wanted to get some feed back from the owners of any SESG with the FLHXSE rider back rest, do you guys leave it on all the time or just for long runs?
I'm thinking about getting the new 2010 CVO SESG Rider Back Rest Part Number  51839-10. I can get a new back rest & bracket for $224.00, my dealer is having a sale & was thinking about getting one. Any feed back?

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
Re: SESG Rider Back Rest
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »

Just put mine on a couple of weeks ago.  So far, I am leaving it on all the time.  It sure does make my back feel much better while riding.  However, it is so easy to remove (5 seconds at most) so you can change and put it in your bag when not wanted.  It folds forward to make it easy to get on and off the bike....
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

Got about 1800 miles on it last three weekends. Love it. Backrest and foot pegs make a huge difference.  Wouldn't ride for long without it.   

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:09:47 AM »

I haven't taken it off yet, though it may be a good idea to leave it off for short runs just because it really alters my riding position and it's good to mix tihngs up.
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »

I would  :hanged: someone if they took mine off.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

I set up the bracket to the furthest point back. My position is about unchanged but far more comfortable.

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:16:22 PM »

Is this the one you guys bought for the bike ?.....seems kinda wide in the picture....does it look ok (proportional) when it's on ?

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 05:17:34 PM »

Is this the one you guys bought for the bike ?.....seems kinda wide in the picture....does it look ok (proportional) when it's on ?

Don't worry about the "proportion" go for the comfort on this one. I borrowed one that was taller and wider than this one, about twice the size as the one that came on my SERK and man what a difference, It was from HD but can't find one like it anywhere but if i do ever find one i will purchase it, and not worry how it looks, just how comfortable it is.  :2vrolijk_21:
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 07:41:24 AM »

RPR50, If you don't mind will you measure the width across the center, and the height from top to the bottom. Just the pad not the skirt. I have seen the one you bought and don't think that one is as big as the one that i was talking about in the above post. When we were at the NGR i looked at everyone's bike that had a backrest, nobody had one as big as the one i'm looking for. I wonder if maybe it came off of an older Harley.  :2vrolijk_21:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »

Well I ended up buying the snakeskin insert one pictured above and I simply love it....matches the bike perfectly and feels "oh so good" lol

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »

SERK3, at widest point it's 8.5" and it's 7" tall before skirt. It fits my back to a T.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »

SERK3, at widest point it's 8.5" and it's 7" tall before skirt. It fits my back to a T.

Thanks for getting the info for me, I found the measurements on the one i borrowed, 13" wide and 9 1/2" tall, I'm still looking, trying  to find one like. Thanks again.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 11:10:39 PM »

I've got a backrest off of the Ultra, but there doesn't seem to be any attachment hardware under the seat on the FLHXSE.  Will the hardware off the Ultra fit?  I have a Mustang seat on the Ultra and love it and bought a Mustang w/ backrest for the Street Glide but it sits you up higher & is not as comfortable as all the other Mustang seats that I have had over the years.  Called Mustang, they were not sympathetic, said the current seat is made to fit all the FLH bikes and not really made for the street glide.....that sucks!

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »

I love the backrest on my 2010 and leave it on all the time.  Nice chrome and CVO logo on the back of it too.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.