Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51

Author Topic: What do ya do? or what did ya do?  (Read 42426 times)

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
Re: What do ya do? or what did ya do?
« Reply #645 on: March 01, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »

Is that why your code name is Screem? You could of gone w/ stopple but then nobody would know what you're talking about. Being in highways I got to see a lot of big and small lines tapped. Always exciting when gas started to blow. It always got the neighbors attention when they smelled the gas and thought they heard a jet engine.  ;)

Hey screamin nice that somebody here knows what hotapping is al about! Thats when the job gets fun!!...little blowin gas...gets most everbody on the jobsite a little puckered up....and the local FD starts running around and tries to start directing operations...thats when i go hang by my truck. until they wear themselves out a little and become willing to let those who know do thier jobs
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #646 on: March 01, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »

thats when i go hang by my truck. until they wear themselves out a little and become willing to let those who know do thier jobs

LOL

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #647 on: March 01, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »

Hey screamin nice that somebody here knows what hotapping is al about! Thats when the job gets fun!!...little blowin gas...gets most everbody on the jobsite a little puckered up....and the local FD starts running around and tries to start directing operations...thats when i go hang by my truck. until they wear themselves out a little and become willing to let those who know do thier jobs
Guess our department has had so many we just stay back (out of the hot zone) and watch... only get excited when we see the gas guys running around screaming.... then it's time to get worried. :nervous: Nothing like the sound of a leak in a high pressure line though it will definitely get your attention.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #648 on: March 01, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »

Guess our department has had so many we just stay back (out of the hot zone) and watch... only get excited when we see the gas guys running around screaming.... then it's time to get worried. :nervous: Nothing like the sound of a leak in a high pressure line though it will definitely get your attention.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Dood. we sure appreciate it when Deptartments work with us, unfortunatley that has not always been the case...recently we had a department deny us access to the hot zone....they saturated the area with water (filled excavated hole with water)...I still had to go in with line pressure blowing and det my squeeze off tools to stop the escaping gas...only now I'm working in mud and water blowing,
   That being said...most of the local depts are great to work with...the best ones ask what we need, what they can do assist....we normally like to have them charge a line and help establish a safe zone....and let us do what we do in the hotzone
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #649 on: March 01, 2009, 06:33:49 PM »

Just a humble high school teacher here.  Don't have plans to be a principal or anything more than I am right now.  Love the kids and don't want to change. :)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #650 on: March 01, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »

Just a humble high school teacher here.  Don't have plans to be a principal or anything more than I am right now.  Love the kids and don't want to change. :)
I can see it
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #651 on: March 01, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »

I can see it

Yes, yes.  My sweathogs and me.  I'd turn down six figures a year if it meant giving them up. :apple:

robonel

• 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electraglide
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic-Red/Black
« Reply #652 on: March 08, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »

This thread is  to find out what kind of people buy CVO screamin' eagle machines....

What do ya do for a living?...... (breifly  explain)

I really wanna know what we all do,, to feed these two wheeled HOGs   [smiley=laugh.gif]

Firefighter just north of Indianapolis.  Went from an '03 Heritage to the SEUC and love it.  Very fortunate to be able to have it.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #653 on: March 08, 2009, 02:42:47 PM »

Hello my name is Jeff. I am the Maintenance Supervisor on an Oil Rig in Mexico. I have been doing this for five years. I work 30 days and go home for 26. When the wife and children don't have me doing  projects. I like to go for rides. Anywhere between Southeast Texas and Southwest La. I have been blessed to have a great job. To be able to provide for my Family and have the little extras ( two H.D's) in life. Before working on an Oil Rig, I worked seventeen years in a machine shop as a Machinist in the semiconductor business. Spending time away from my Family has been the hardest part of my job. As I am now 130 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico in the Yucatan . Just a few minutes ago I visited my Wife on the phone. Most of our conversation was about our last Motorcycle ride together and what were we plan to ride when I get home. That right there is enough to hold me over until I get home.  Stay Safe.........
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

hayman7712

• Full CVO Member
  • D&D Fatcats, Power Commander 101hp 114ft-lbs tor

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
« Reply #654 on: March 08, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »

Hurricane Katrina survivor.  Chit engineer and pipefitter for University in New Orleans.
[img]http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?

hayman7712

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #655 on: March 08, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »

I changed jobs in July of 08 and moved, after 8 years, from the National Telecommuncations Administration to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) where I'm the Disaster Emergency Communications Programs Chief.  Working for FEMA has been great.  I plan on staying here for the rest of my Federal career.

:devil:

Can you get us some money down here in New Orleans? Seem to be having problems down here with the FEMA office!!! :pepper: :pineapple: :apple:

Dutchseeg

• NH

• CVO1: FLHTUCSE5 blk
    • CVO2: FXDWG SE103 stage4
« Reply #656 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »

Hello, my name is Klaas and I'm selling all kinds of tyres in the Netherlands-Europe. I started this job in '81 and now own 50% of two tyre shops, one in rocking Amsterdam and the other in Almere. I started as a mechanic and worked myself up as a manager.
After 911 GoodYear needed cash and sold us the shops, where my partner and I both were working as manager and sales agent.

hayman7712

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #657 on: March 08, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

It's interesting, I don't think many here (at least, among the respondents) are familiar with the term Investment Banker, or Investment Banking firm. 

If I may... (without being tarred/feathered), out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference between a BANK, a BROKERAGE FIRM, and an INVESTMENT BANKING FIRM?  And for that matter, any idea of the history? 

For those who don't care, change the channel!!!

But.....do you know the difference between a doctor, lawyer and an indian chief! :huepfenjump3:

Orange Eagle

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE EL Orange & Black with matching HD F250 Orange&Black
    • CVO2: 2009 Ridley Auto-Glide White with pink flames
    • CVO3: 1998 FatBoy Orange&White&Wildwood 30ft. Toyhauler
« Reply #658 on: March 26, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »

After four years racing pro sidecarmotorcross I decided I needed a job with money so I jot a job with SaraLee 37 years later retired and moved to Florida so I could ride year round. After moving to Fl. I married a young lady with a six figure income, life is good

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #659 on: March 26, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »

21 years ago, I started one of the first ten national VA programs to help homeless veterans of our military by providing them with a place to obtain rehabilitative and health care serivces to give them the opportunity to turn their lives around. The best part of that job was being able to see the results through what the veterans acoomplished afte completing the program. Today I am still working with veterans, but as the associate director and business manager of the Mental Health Division of a VA hospital in the Chicago area. I didn't make a lot of money doing what I chose to do, but it has its' rewards when I see the lives I had a part in helping change for the better.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.