Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone else had this happen? PTT/VOL on tour pack.  (Read 782 times)

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
Anyone else had this happen? PTT/VOL on tour pack.
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:54 AM »

Got home yesterday and when i stepped off the bike i noticed that the passenger Radio control Knob/Button on the tour pack was gone!!!! Looked on the other side and that one was gone as well!!!!!! WTF???? Do they fall off???? Do i need to keep a stock of these things????
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
Re: Anyone else had this happen? PTT/VOL on tour pack.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »

Ordered the replacement knobs today. $8 each. The parts dude said are ya' sure someone didn't rip them off? Seems there may be a "Go Around" around here! Some idiot looses his and takes yours. Phunny thing i find out is that there is a small clip that assists the knob to stay on and once it is yanked from the switch it is most likely ruined and the would be replacement will not stay on. Hope that is the case if some Dolt took mine :soapbox:
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

bigcog1

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '11 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: '02 FLSTSI
    • CVO3: '05 ROAD ROD
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »

I'd be willing to bet they were "liberated". Never had a problem with any of mine coming off.

Joe

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »

Ordered the replacement knobs today. $8 each. The parts dude said are ya' sure someone didn't rip them off? Seems there may be a "Go Around" around here! Some idiot looses his and takes yours. Phunny thing i find out is that there is a small clip that assists the knob to stay on and once it is yanked from the switch it is most likely ruined and the would be replacement will not stay on. Hope that is the case if some Dolt took mine :soapbox:
Your dealer is ripping you off, the chrome PTT is on $2.88 tax included.  I would bet someone ripped your off.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.