Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo 660 road tech- phone issue  (Read 1699 times)

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
Zumo 660 road tech- phone issue
« on: September 26, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »

Just bought 2011 RGSE, the zumo provides directions over the speakers, I have linked my Droid phone, appears to make a call from the zumo but no sound either way..... for the phone call portion,  the zumo works fine with announcing directions over the speakers, but no phone sound, does it only work over the headsets, if thats the case that stinks.....please help.... :nixweiss: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:47:22 PM by bobsplus »
Ride it like ya Stole IT!

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: Zumo 660 road tech- phone issue
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »

Just bought 2011 RGSE, the zumo provides directions over the speakers, I have linked my Droid phone, appears to make a call from the zumo but no sound either way..... for the phone call portion,  the zumo works fine with announcing directions over the speakers, but no phone sound, does it only work over the headsets, if thats the case that stinks.....please help.... :nixweiss: :bananarock:

Kennedy Technology Group sells what you need.  Call them and they will tell you which kit you need.  Got one on my 07 Ultra and it works great!

http://cellset.com/multigps.html

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:04:51 AM »

You should be able to hear the person your calling in the bike or headset speakers. Check the volume settings on the Zumo you will have 3 settings one for Navagation one for MP3 make sure both are set to at least 80% and a  master volume set it to at least 90%. If you can hear the turn promts from the Zumo you should be able to hear  the person you are calling. You may have to turn the bike volume up when talking on the phone it is not uncommon. If not and the volume setting are good then you have a problem with the Zumo.

If you have the Nav module installed then you will also need to connect the output of the Zumo to your Aux input on the front of the radio or you will not hear a phone call or MP3 songs. I think you have the Nav module installed but not the Aux input.

In order to talk via your hearset microphone you will need a microphone interface. An HD Bomm or Cellset will work.

Jim
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:22:14 AM by bissjim »
Ride It Like You Are Retired

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »

These are the parts for the microphone interface from CycleGadgets.com.

KT-STGHM-95418 ($70.00) - this ties into the Harley stereo system
KT-DM25SH-95516 ($30.00) - this harness plugs into the Zumo 660's 2.5mm mic jack

There is also a Y connector that is required for the AUX hookup. The NIM comes with the connector but since our bikes (2011 FLTRUSE) come with the NIM pre-installed the connector is not provided. I checked with the dealer and the kit breakdown shows a part number for the Y connector but as of last week it was not showing in their computer system yet. I temporally used a standard type Y connector but I am going to replace it with the proper Y connector. When I pulled the fairing off to install the mic module and Y connector it is not just a snap in connector. It has threaded collar on it that you have to unscrew to pull the connector apart. The mic module is very easy to install but you have to locate the mic harness that comes from the Zumo 660. Mine was in the big bundle of wires located just below the radio. Once I got everything hooked up it worked well. You have to put the radio on AUX and then you can use the headset to hear and make calls. Depending on what position you have the speaker rocker switch set at you can hear the call through the main speakers as well.
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.