Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My pigramage home last Fall...Princeton WV  (Read 417 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
My pigramage home last Fall...Princeton WV
« on: September 27, 2010, 01:41:19 PM »

My brother and myself returned Where I was born and where are families were from, in the fall of 2009.
I had not been back for 18 years.
We have not much family left in the area, and we needed to make contact with the few that are left.

I started this in the "Happy Birthday Otis" thread and Needed to have it's own.

I will post some picts with a short narrative.

This area is a great place to ride and my uncle was responsible for peaking my interests in riding motorcycles.

I hope that some find this of interest.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: My pigramage home last Fall...Princeton WV
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »

We went to visit an old coal mine in Arista, hardly anthing identifiable left except some foundations.

The Wyanoke Coal and Coke company operated several mines in the region and my grandfather ran the one in Arista.

Those were hard times for miners (work conditions) hand dug coal 4-5 tall seams.  Not much easy transportation back in those hills and Paid in Company store money called "script".
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.