Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is 50/50 diluted Simple Green OK for pre-wash?  (Read 2597 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Is 50/50 diluted Simple Green OK for pre-wash?
« on: October 06, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »

Over the last few seasons we have followed this procedure to wash the bike.  It also speeds things up when it is really dirty, I really don't like wastinig time cleaning the bike.  Believe it or not, my wife enjoys helping me keep the bike clean.  We worked out a system that seems to take a minimum of time. The first thing is to put it on the jack and spray the entire bike down using a 50/50 mixture of water & Simple Green. The amount of dirt and road grime will dictate the amount I will spray.  I let it sit for a short period of time making sure it doesn't completely dry and then spray the entire bike down with water.  Now it's ready to wash with warm water and soap. I use Blue Coral soap or a very light mixture of Simple Green.  As mentioned in a previous post, I use the air compressure to dry it off and then use the Honda Spray cleaner I found out about on this site and we are done.  I will use the chrome paste cleaner for the exhaust when needed.  We remove the windshield, seats, leather bags & tourpak, and install them once everything is clean.

Does this sound ok to use on the 08 Annie colors?  I dislike purchasing all kinds of so called specialized products to prep, clean and wax the vehicles, but I don't want to find out at a later date that it was not the product to use. Safe or Not?

If it is just for maintenance in-between rides, we just use the Honda stuff.  I only wash it if it's really dirty.  I'm not into Q tips and super detailing.

Thanks,

Ray G.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Is 50/50 diluted Simple Green OK for pre-wash?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »

Sounds like a pretty good system. I just use S100, but people swear by Simple Green, and I think diluting it is a good idea. I have a microfiber mitt that I dunk in warm soapy water and clean eveytrhting while continuing to mist so that nothing dries. I then rinse, and blow the excess off (with air compressor!) and dry everything with a micrfiber towel. I'll then touch up the chrome with Windex. Works for me!

What is this Honda spray you speak of?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »

It's Pledge Furniture Polish in a can that says Honda.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »

Sounds like a pretty good system. I just use S100, but people swear by Simple Green, and I think diluting it is a good idea. I have a microfiber mitt that I dunk in warm soapy water and clean eveytrhting while continuing to mist so that nothing dries. I then rinse, and blow the excess off (with air compressor!) and dry everything with a micrfiber towel. I'll then touch up the chrome with Windex. Works for me!

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/amrepspraycleanerandpolish14ozsprayoriginal.aspx

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/PRO-HONDA-SPRAY-CLEANER-AND-POLISH/?catalogId=110516
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.