Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another IPOD operation question  (Read 1826 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Another IPOD operation question
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »

On the 2011 SESG with the IPOD module--how do you shut the IPOD off and still leave it connected to the bike??? It seems once you plug it in the display shows connected and you can't use any of the buttons to shut it off. It also looks like there is constant power at that plug so the IPOD is always charging if it connected to the bike. Leaving conencted long term does not look like and option. Anybody else run in to this one???

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Another IPOD operation question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »

On the 2011 SESG with the IPOD module--how do you shut the IPOD off and still leave it connected to the bike??? It seems once you plug it in the display shows connected and you can't use any of the buttons to shut it off. It also looks like there is constant power at that plug so the IPOD is always charging if it connected to the bike. Leaving conencted long term does not look like and option. Anybody else run in to this one???

Hmmmmm, will have to check on that.  Does the manual say anything about it?    :nixweiss:  Guess I should break out my manual and take a look.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »

So today I learned a little more....it saeems that the IPOD screen goes blank a few minutes after you shut the bike off. But if you unplug it then it comes right on again. I am wondering if it is just the screen blanking out or is the unit actually shutting off.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »

So today I learned a little more....it saeems that the IPOD screen goes blank a few minutes after you shut the bike off. But if you unplug it then it comes right on again. I am wondering if it is just the screen blanking out or is the unit actually shutting off.

If it's anything like my iPod Touch and iPad, that's a standby mode.  It will continue to charge and will come back on quickly just by pushing a button on the front.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »

My wife who rides a 2011 Ultra Limited (CVO wanna be) had the Ipod installed like I have on my 2011 CVO Streetglide.  We both experience the same problem --- everything is working great, turn the bike off, and once in a great while when you start the bike back up, the Ipod doesn't work.  We have found that if you unplug the Ipod and plug it back in you are good to go.  Anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know of a permanent fix or is this one of 'you have to live with' things?

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:24:07 PM by Master Guns »
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

MyCVOHarley

• 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:33 AM »

I have the same bike and the same problem.. Spoke to HD dealer. never herd of that problem.
Fullsac 2" re-cores, Fullsac head pipe, TTS Mastertune, Cams on there way

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:41 AM »

My wife who rides a 2011 Ultra Limited (CVO wanna be) had the Ipod installed like I have on my 2011 CVO Streetglide.  We both experience the same problem --- everything is working great, turn the bike off, and once in a great while when you start the bike back up, the Ipod doesn't work.  We have found that if you unplug the Ipod and plug it back in you are good to go.  Anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know of a permanent fix or is this one of 'you have to live with' things?

Thanks for the help

I have had the same issue.  Instead of unplugging the iPod, I just cycle through the inputs with the hand control until I get back to the iPod.  That usually takes care of the issue.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »

Yesterday I got the message ipod not connected. I pressed the on button and the plus button at the same time and it came on. Not sure what went wrong. That is what the help site told me to do.
Bill

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »

All the abovre also happens to my iPod when connected in my car.
I wouldnt worry about it.
Apple have a built in circuit that prevents overcharging I have been led to believe.
Also, just unplug the iPod from the bike now and then and listen to sounds through the ear plugs or external plugged in speaker to run down the battery so that the battery can be fully discharged then plug back into the bike and get a full deep charge.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »

I have had the same issue.  Instead of unplugging the iPod, I just cycle through the inputs with the hand control until I get back to the iPod.  That usually takes care of the issue.

Works for me too...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »

It's happened several times to me and I've done all the above to restore the sounds. Sometimes one "fix" works and sometimes I have to try the other ways, sometimes more than once of all the ways.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 25 queries.