Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vrs Hi Output  (Read 17031 times)

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vrs Hi Output
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:29 AM »

Thanks Doc.Going to call Heath today and order the same set up as my 09 Fat Cat and TTS and Have Heath do the Dyno.Tim MUeller

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

I'm curious as to what you mean by saying they are down 10/10 in a 110".  They were designed for high compression, big cams, I have good #s using them on my 110" 11.0 to 1 and 660 lift cams.
The stock 110'' Harley with a good pipe, air filter, and good tune will get you in the 112 to 114 tq with no problems.....the same set up but using the HighOut Put slip-ons on will tune out to 102 to 104 tq. This is what I mean down 10/10....with your build I'm sure they work better however I'M also sure there is more bang for the buck even for you with a better system.
The V&H HighOut Put slipons give a good looking tq curve but the problem is the gasses are traveling too slow through the over large baffle and this effects the power.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »

OK, thanks.
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vs Hi Output
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 11:57:05 PM »

Hey Tim...good to hear from you.
The new Fat Cat for the 2010 and up really works well. They have redesigned it to keep the rear pipe coming out of the head tucked in much closer to the bike. This new design actually got rid of the 3000rpm to 4000rpm dip in the torque.......needless to say the new FatCat impresses me.
The Super Mega pipe from Supertrapp is hard to beat....period. I really like the Fuel Moto 'X'' pipe also. The Rush True Duals and 2'' baffle slip-ons are the best buy for the money....they look good, sound good and perform good all for a low price compared to most true duals out there.
I'm not a big fan of the new Rinehart system....looks or performance.
Doc
Doc,
The supertrapp pipe your refering to is the  Super trapp 2/1 pipe, correct?
Have You  tuned many using the  Fatshots by chance.  i run them with open end caps and  20 discs. seems to work.what your take on them if you would,

Thanks

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »

DOC, I have a 07 SERK 110", K&N air filter Thunder Max with Auto Tune, I am looking at changing exhaust from V&H True Dual Big Shots to Rhinhart true duals with the 4" slip on's or the D&D Fat Cats (not sure which baffle for the D&D) 2 into 1 and in a earlier post you said the Rush system would do a good job. Which of the three would you suggest for what i have?

Loud does not bother me, Out of the 3 above none of them are no way as loud as what i'm running now, But i do want that deep rumble but not or no way (stock) quiet.

Your suggestions might help me decide which way to go.

Dan
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »

Vance and Hines tech support call the Monster Rounds mellow and radio friendly. The Hi output as deep , loud and throaty . I am thinking about adding these to a 2011 my CVO Street Glide and V & H power duals. I like to hear a deep pipe , but I don't want extreme. I do want to hear the radio . Any comments  ?
.  V&h techs are coorct based on dyne numbers I have seen.  The results however are not significant enough for me to give up the better looks of V&H true dials and hi output do there larger size at the back

ultraroad

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »

V H Big Rounds

ultraroad

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »

V H  Was going to go with Fullsac baffles until my neighbor traded me  these beauties for a sissy bar,  all that is left is the full sac X PIPE and I will be happy, as the heat has still got to go. The rumble is about 25% more than stock, if you wanna be heard 10 blocks away they are not for you, also if you are familiar with the rinehart slipons they are louder than this V.H. model
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:05:27 PM by ultraroad »

ultraroad

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »

vh

ultraroad

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »

v h

SCREMR

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »

Hi,
two birds with one stone.  i just bought the windsplitter windshield for my CVO Ultra however i may not get a chance to test it for while so its good to hear that it's as effective as the stock shield.  my big question is, it appears that the V&H exhaust system is the exhaust of choice by everyone?  I have heard that the fat cat is the best performance pipe for 09/10, but i went with the new rineharts and you guys have me second guessing myself.

I have the Wind Splitter Shield on my '11 SESG2 and dont care for it.  I think I might try the 8.5" Flare from Klok Werks
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.