Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vrs Hi Output  (Read 17030 times)

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vrs Hi Output
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »

Vance and Hines tech support call the Monster Rounds mellow and radio friendly. The Hi output as deep , loud and throaty . I am thinking about adding these to a 2011 my CVO Street Glide and V & H power duals. I like to hear a deep pipe , but I don't want extreme. I do want to hear the radio . Any comments  ?

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
Re: Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vrs Hi Output
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »

I have that exact combo on my 2010 SE Streetglide.  Power duals and high outputs.  It is a nice low rumble, but can scream on demand.  Several of my friends think my bike sounds like a big block when I get into it.  You'll like the sound.  But it's not quiet by any means.  They look great too with the back of the SE Streetglide.
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

Emerald Ice

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond and Crimson
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »

I have the PowerDuals and Monster Rounds on my SESG2.  They're a step louder than stock but not as aggressive as the High Outputs.  I was really torn which way to go but I wanted to hear the radio while still making the bike louder and cooler running over stock.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »

I have that exact combo on my 2010 SE Streetglide.  Power duals and high outputs.  It is a nice low rumble, but can scream on demand.  Several of my friends think my bike sounds like a big block when I get into it.  You'll like the sound.  But it's not quiet by any means.  They look great too with the back of the SE Streetglide.

Can you post picture's of these on your bikes, sides and rear ?  Thanks

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »

Can you still hear the radio when traveling at reasonable speed not when you get on it ?

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

Yep. There're not that loud.  I tell you, the biggest difference that made the stereo better to listen to was a different windshield.  I put on the new windspliter and I can hear the stereo just fine.  Also the new boom speakers are a great add for not much $.
Ported 11.1 heads, Wiseco pistons, T-mans 662-2 cams, SE 58mm T-body, SEST, V&H power duals with Hi Output, Timken bearing, welded and balanced crank .     129.62hp 127.22tq

Rudy T

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »

Yep. There're not that loud.  I tell you, the biggest difference that made the stereo better to listen to was a different windshield.  I put on the new windspliter and I can hear the stereo just fine.  Also the new boom speakers are a great add for not much $.

Does the Windspliter reduce the air turbulance around the head compared to the standard shield?

Are the boom speakers in the accessory manuals?
Regards
Rudy

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »

Yes it does.  It's still only 7 inches tall, but it has a flip that routs the wind over your head. 
The boom speakers are in the 2010 and 11 accessory manuals.  I think they were new in 2010.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »

From a builder/tuner view the High Out Put mufflers are down 10/10 in a 110'' from a good flowing pipe.....just want you to know there are better performing pipes out there. However they do look good.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »

Thanks Doc I appreciate the info. Albeit a little late. And yes they do look good.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »

Hey Doc.Tim Up here in Pensacola,got a new 2011 ,loved the set up and tune you and Heath did for me on my 09cvo road glide tts and fat cat going with this set up or the new 4" rinehearts ,any input  if a better pipe out?thanks Tim Mueller

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »

I put the monster rounds on my 2011 CVO Street Glide and love the sound.  I have received several complements on them.  I also put the V&H headers on.  I wear hearing aids and have no problems with the radio.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Vance and Hines Monster Rounds vs Hi Output
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 02:42:47 PM »

Hey Doc.Tim Up here in Pensacola,got a new 2011 ,loved the set up and tune you and Heath did for me on my 09 cvo road glide tts and fat cat going with this set up or the new 4" rineharts ,any input  if a better pipe out?thanks Tim Mueller

Hey Tim...good to hear from you.
The new Fat Cat for the 2010 and up really works well. They have redesigned it to keep the rear pipe coming out of the head tucked in much closer to the bike. This new design actually got rid of the 3000rpm to 4000rpm dip in the torque.......needless to say the new FatCat impresses me.
The Super Mega pipe from Supertrapp is hard to beat....period. I really like the Fuel Moto 'X'' pipe also. The Rush True Duals and 2'' baffle slip-ons are the best buy for the money....they look good, sound good and perform good all for a low price compared to most true duals out there.
I'm not a big fan of the new Rinehart system....looks or performance.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »

Hi,
two birds with one stone.  i just bought the windsplitter windshield for my CVO Ultra however i may not get a chance to test it for while so its good to hear that it's as effective as the stock shield.  my big question is, it appears that the V&H exhaust system is the exhaust of choice by everyone?  I have heard that the fat cat is the best performance pipe for 09/10, but i went with the new rineharts and you guys have me second guessing myself.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Proctor

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »

From a builder/tuner view the High Out Put mufflers are down 10/10 in a 110'' from a good flowing pipe.....just want you to know there are better performing pipes out there. However they do look good.
Doc

I'm curious as to what you mean by saying they are down 10/10 in a 110".  They were designed for high compression, big cams, I have good #s using them on my 110" 11.0 to 1 and 660 lift cams.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 20 queries.