Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Bought this today  (Read 26216 times)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: Bought this today
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »

I thought he was trying  to sell the Brad Pitt bike?
No singers or beer drinkers? :D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »

Way sweet bike, looks even better than the orange/black one we did at Rochester Harley quite a few years ago. 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »

Chains, how about an update on the V-Glide Rod.

How's it doing for you?  In this extremely hot summer, how's it to ride being liquid cooled?

Inquiring minds would like to know
Bike is doing great, have not ridden it too much, farthest ride was to Tuscumbia to see Jenni when she was at Fosters HD.  Most rides are around the local area.  Won first place in the Drifters Motorcycle Club Show, got a cool plaque and cash, drank a lot of water that day it was 99 degrees.  Bike performs flawlessly, stereo is kick a$$ easily drowned out anyone around here.  It corners like a crotch rocket, have to watch the floorboards they will drag.

Only thing I have an issue with is a leak down issue on the Legends Air Ride, Need to dig into it and find the problem.  Have been thinking about letting it go and look for a Black and Blue 04 SEEG.  It is an awesome bike and if I did not have my 06 I would use it a lot more often.  Also have my eyes on a Bourget Chopper, will see may end up and just keep it, I love riding it when I take it out.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:18:31 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

SEURG

• Senior CVO Member
  • Deals Gap

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »

Guess I've been under a rock.  Had no idea that HD had made a touring V Rod.  Looks nice and based on the thread hand els well.  So, is this a possible look at the future?

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »

Guess I've been under a rock.  Had no idea that HD had made a touring V Rod.  Looks nice and based on the thread hand els well.  So, is this a possible look at the future?

Cycle Visions in San Diego has been building  custom V-Rod baggers for about 6 years now and offering parts for anyone wanting to do their own conversion. The baseline for their stuff is a Road Glide fairing. I've seen a few one off V-Rod baggers that were done with batwings. Didn't have the same clean lines. While I love the classic look of the batwing, it seems a bit puffy looking on the V-Rod chassis. In any event, we've been speculating since the very 1st H-D V-Rod was offered for sale by the MoCo that at some point there H-D Inc would offer a V-Rod based touring model. We're still waiting. I'm not expert, just a shade tree mechanic and lover of Harley-Davidson motorcycles like most on this site. I've never understood most of H-D Inc's maketing strategy so I can't begin to fathom why they have not done something with this. Years back when the 1st V-Rods came out the techs at the Dealerships would say "well they don't put out enough torque for a 750lb motorcyle with gear and two riders " Having owned a Screamin Eagle V-Rod, I tend to dispute that. While V-Rods certainly are more metric in their torque to horsepower ration, they still put out plenty of low end power. You just gotta get the revs up a bit. And obviously this thread, this bike and the opinion of it's owner proves that you can build a bagger on the V-Rod platform and have an excellent motorcycle. So why isn't the MoCo offering a water cooled bagger for sale ? I guess if you know Willie G's wife's cousin's babysitter, you might have the inside track. Me, I'm like Sgt Schultz.

B B

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »

Spiderman, You are 100% spot on, my Road Rod can carry two up with no issues what so ever and can accelerate allot quicker than most bikes.  Passing with two up is a breeze even in steep mountains. It actually corners better than my bagger. Why they were never made by HD is a mystery.  I can tell you Randy at Cyclevision is glad they didn't.

Maybe someday they will I guess we will wait and see.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »

Spiderman, You are 100% spot on, my Road Rod can carry two up with no issues what so ever and can accelerate allot quicker than most bikes.  Passing with two up is a breeze even in steep mountains. It actually corners better than my bagger. Why they were never made by HD is a mystery.  I can tell you Randy at Cyclevision is glad they didn't.

Maybe someday they will I guess we will wait and see.

So you riding that to Maggie Valley?

:nixweiss:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »

So you riding that to Maggie Valley?

:nixweiss:

SBB
  Thought about it, my wife has to go to Ohio to get our store and lock lot repaved, not sure she will be back in time.  Been super busy at work as well and I am trying to juggle things to get out of here for while.

Hope to make it, the only thing about the V Rod is with the chopped tour pak holding the drivers for the stereo and 6 X ('s in the saddlebags sure would have to pack lite.  I could do that 1 up but don't think my wife would travel as light as I would.

Hope to see everyone there again.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »

Chains, thanks for the update on your ROAD GLIDE V-Rod.

This is a VERY interesting concept.  I've seen a couple V-Rods done up in the batwing garb in different dealerships, but did not ask for information as to what the parts are or who did them.

Something to think over now...

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »

Chains, did you ever get the power draw problem sorted out?  Or does it still have to set on a tender if parked for even a day or two or three?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »

Chains, did you ever get the power draw problem sorted out?  Or does it still have to set on a tender if parked for even a day or two or three?
Still on the tender, never have figured out what is draining it down. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »

Problems like that can be annoying when you know where everything is.  Having to sort out it out within someone else's complicated installation can seem nearly impossible sometimes.  Good luck when/if you decide to tackle it :2vrolijk_21: .

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »

Chains,
          Glad to see you've kept the bike and are enjoying it. Did you ever document that it had been built for Brad Pitt ? As I said before, something that would add value at Barrett-Jackson etc type auction should you decide to part with it. Sorry to hear you're still chasing the battery drain down issue. I'd thought Randy had given you the skinny that the problem was linked to the bike's electronics ?  Guess not from what you are syaing. So given that you've been over all that, from information gleaned on other threads, I'd say you've got two possible culprits. Your alarm system or your Legends air ride system. Have you checked both of those ?
              You might try dropping it off at an established auto electric shop. There are no motorcycle shops specializing in chasing electrical gremlins. There have been shops for cages doing this  for 50 years. Check around your area and see if there is a shop that's been in business for a long time. Give em a call and see if they'll do some diagnostic on your charging system. You have the same basic components (battery, voltage regulator , alternator (aka rotor/stator)

B B

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »

Chains,
          Glad to see you've kept the bike and are enjoying it. Did you ever document that it had been built for Brad Pitt ? As I said before, something that would add value at Barrett-Jackson etc type auction should you decide to part with it. Sorry to hear you're still chasing the battery drain down issue. I'd thought Randy had given you the skinny that the problem was linked to the bike's electronics ?  Guess not from what you are saying. So given that you've been over all that, from information gleaned on other threads, I'd say you've got two possible culprits. Your alarm system or your Legends air ride system. Have you checked both of those ?
              You might try dropping it off at an established auto electric shop. There are no motorcycle shops specializing in chasing electrical gremlins. There have been shops for cages doing this for 50 years. Check around your area and see if there is a shop that's been in business for a long time. Give em a call and see if they'll do some diagnostic on your charging system. You have the same basic components (battery, voltage regulator , alternator (aka rotor/stator)

B B

Randy said it was the GPS system, others feel it is more than that, I personally do not know, and not having a schematic for it makes life a bit harder when chasing down issues like that.  I do have the info from Randy via e mail on who the bike was built for as well as the receipt on the stereo stating Pitt bike.  Bike was in his brothers name when I got it so I do have the information regarding one previous owner who got it from his brother.  The Hot Baggers Magazine article it was in would help seal the deal but it is as elusive as a saber tooth tiger.  You would think somewhere out there there is an April 2007 issue in someones stash.  I have been unable to find it but continue the search. 

The bike is truly a class act, people that see it are amazed by the craftmanship and the extreme good looks of it.  The paint job is absolutely first class, I cannot imagine what it cost to paint.  Kevin Walton in California was the painter and I have talked with him, he remembers the bike vividly.

I have 3 people that would like to have a shot at the bike, the issue is what is a reasonable price, if I decide to sell it for sure for both parties.  I know it would cost a fortune to duplicate and with less than 2,000 miles on it the price is significantly more than what I was able to get it for.  It just takes me to make up my mind and for the right person to come along and a deal could be put in place.  In the meantime I will enjoy it on nice days.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »

OK Guys,

Got the magazine in the mail today that finalizes all the prominence on who was the bikes original owner.  Hot Bike Baggers March/April 2007 article starts on page 74 and ends on page 79. 

Article Titled Brad Pitt's Road Rod Conversion.

Bike is now up for Sale, anyone interested PM me, you can have it in time for Daytona Bike Week.  will include the magazine with bike if you want it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 25 queries.