Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: "Ol Maudie" ailing  (Read 19311 times)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: "Ol Maudie" ailing
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2010, 04:58:14 AM »

You know my thoughts on dyno sheets, Dave.  My previous dyno sheet is on here, somewhere.  I don't think there will be much difference.  Not in the "Seat of the Pants", anyway.  When this Motor gives its milk, I'll put a "Twin-Cam from Hell" in Ol' Maudie.  Tilley's designing it for me, now.  ;) Later--HUBBARD
I see...... :sauer005: :devil: :sauer019:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »

You know my thoughts on dyno sheets, Dave.  My previous dyno sheet is on here, somewhere.  I don't think there will be much difference.  Not in the "Seat of the Pants", anyway.  When this Motor gives its milk, I'll put a "Twin-Cam from Hell" in Ol' Maudie.  Tilley's designing it for me, now.  ;) Later--HUBBARD

After selling the Springer, I'm back in the building mode for a bit this winter.  Since you and I don't race (each other) we'll have to chat on some of the Tilley genius factor before I get the parts on order.  Don't really know why I'm building another hot rod motor as I only put a grand total of 600 miles on the last one before letting it go to someone that just had to have it.   ::)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »

Just talked to Neal,and Ol' Maudie fired on the first bump, like she was riden yesterday.  Gotta' put a new set of RINEHART's on the Ol' Girl.  Lotta' air passed through those, and their junk.  Just can't get my head around a 2 into 1.  Too loud, and not that much boost, unless you're drag racing, IMHO.  Gonna' tune her up, and put the new exhaust on after they return from Jett-Hot.  He's gonna' break her in on the Dyno.  2 weeks, tops.  8) Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »

Just talked to Neal,and Ol' Maudie fired on the first bump, like she was riden yesterday.  Gotta' put a new set of RINEHART's on the Ol' Girl.  Lotta' air passed through those, and their junk.  Just can't get my head around a 2 into 1.  Too loud, and not that much boost, unless you're drag racing, IMHO.  Gonna' tune her up, and put the new exhaust on after they return from Jett-Hot.  He's gonna' break her in on the Dyno.  2 weeks, tops.  8) Later--HUBBARD 

That's good news Carl.  Congrats on the progress man.  Great to hear she's alive again.  Getting some  break in time on a dyno wheel done has to make waiting on the WV spring a little easier too.  Can't wait to hear how she feels to you when you get to take the old girl back out.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »

Just talked to Neal,and Ol' Maudie fired on the first bump, like she was ridden yesterday.  Gotta' put a new set of RINEHART's on the Ol' Girl.  Lotta' air passed through those, and their junk.  Just can't get my head around a 2 into 1.  Too loud, and not that much boost, unless you're drag racing, IMHO.  Gonna' tune her up, and put the new exhaust on after they return from Jett-Hot.  He's gonna' break her in on the Dyno.  2 weeks, tops.  8) Later--HUBBARD  

Carl
       Thank you so much for this post. I have resisted all attempts by fellow site members and local friends alike to install a 2 into 1 system on LD. Inasmuch as Maudie is (argueably) one of the fastest non water buffalo H-D's on this site, and you are coming out in strong support of true dual exhaust puts a smile on my face. They can call me old school all they want as long as they're not looking at my license plate.

B B

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »

Good news Carl ....... on the last day of 2010 the Ol'Girl comes to life again. It's going to be a Happy New Year for Carl. ;)
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »

Carl
       Thank you so much for this post. I have resisted all attempts by fellow site members and local friends alike to install a 2 into 1 system on LD. Inasmuch as Maudie is (argueably) one of the fastest non water buffalo H-D's on this site, and you are coming out in strong support of true dual exhaust puts a smile on my face. They can call me old school all they want as long as they're not looking at my license plate.

B B

As I said, a Dresser just doesn't look right to me, without Duals.  JR suggested the D&D with the dummy, which looks good, but I just can't talk myself into it.  Statistics support a 2 into 1 may give you a 1/2 Bike advantage in the short run, but on flat out top-end runnin', I'll stick with my Tru-Duals.  I think the RINEHART 2 into 1 looks better than the Fat-Cat, but I still can't do it.  8) Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »

That's good news Carl.  Congrats on the progress man.  Great to hear she's alive again.  Getting some  break in time on a dyno wheel done has to make waiting on the WV spring a little easier too.  Can't wait to hear how she feels to you when you get to take the old girl back out.

It will be more fulfilling than the last ride, I'm sure.  With the roller on the lifter lockin' up from time to time before it imploded, had to limit the Cam from doin' its job.  Neal said the exhaust valve in the rear Head was a little loose, too.  Hell, who knows, she may surpass even my expectations.  We will definitely find out what she's packin', real soon.  8) Later--HUBBARD

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »

It will be more fulfilling than the last ride, I'm sure.  With the roller on the lifter lockin' up from time to time before it imploded, had to limit the Cam from doin' its job.  Neal said the exhaust valve in the rear Head was a little loose, too.  Hell, who knows, she may surpass even my expectations.  We will definitely find out what she's packin', real soon.  8) Later--HUBBARD

We both know that as things wear in then wear out it happens so gradually that, to a point, we never notice it in the seat of the pants.  So pick up a loose valve guide here, a little slop elsewhere and who knows what else from the abuse she's enjoyed then correct it all in one sudden resurrection and you might notice quite a bit of difference.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »

As far as Mr. Chithead is concerned, OTIS and I reviewed the HBRR Charter, and at this time he is not a member.  If any of my smarta$$ed remarks offended Unbalanced, or SBB, I apologize.  If Unbalanced and SBB offended each other, as a result of my Post, that is not my affair.  That said, permit me, as BB said, to get back to the basics of this Post.  Just returned from Tilley's, and Neil is waiting on a bearing, which should be there Tuesday.  Everything else is in place, and waiting to be buttoned up, starting Tuesday morning.  I thought about a D&D Fat-Cat, but can't seem to convince myself.  A Dresser just don't look right to me without duals.  Had to get a different style Oil Cooler, as the one I had has been discontinued.  Ya'll have a Merry Christmas, and a Prosperous New Year!  :2vrolijk_21:  Later--HUBBARD        

Hey Hubbard what decision has been made on the pipes to put back on per Otis the 3rd fastest of the HBRR bikes  ::)    ::)    ::)  :huepfenlol2:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

Hey Hubbard what decision has been made on the pipes to put back on per Otis the 3rd fastest of the HBRR bikes  ::)    ::)    ::)  :huepfenlol2:

Just talked to Neal,and Ol' Maudie fired on the first bump, like she was riden yesterday.  Gotta' put a new set of RINEHART's on the Ol' Girl.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »

As far as Mr. Chithead is concerned, OTIS and I reviewed the HBRR Charter, and at this time he is not a member.  If any of my smarta$$ed remarks offended Unbalanced, or SBB, I apologize.  If Unbalanced and SBB offended each other, as a result of my Post, that is not my affair.  That said, permit me, as BB said, to get back to the basics of this Post.  Just returned from Tilley's, and Neil is waiting on a bearing, which should be there Tuesday.  Everything else is in place, and waiting to be buttoned up, starting Tuesday morning.  I thought about a D&D Fat-Cat, but can't seem to convince myself.  A Dresser just don't look right to me without duals.  Had to get a different style Oil Cooler, as the one I had has been discontinued.  Ya'll have a Merry Christmas, and a Prosperous New Year!    Later--HUBBARD    

Just talked to Neal,and Ol' Maudie fired on the first bump, like she was riden yesterday.  Gotta' put a new set of RINEHART's on the Ol' Girl.

Don, gotta dont mean he did though.

Hub how did you make out on the oil cooler ?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »

Nor does stirring always lead to a boil.  But back to Carl; once he decides something he doesn't seem to change his mind often.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »

Hub how did you make out on the oil cooler ?

What are you, a fu*king Lawyer now?  :nixweiss: "Gotta" is my way of sayin' "going to"............"have to"............"will"............"done deal."  The Header Pipes are at Jet-Hot, now.  And yes, Tilley's called the number you gave me and located the same part# Oil Cooler.  Thanks.  I would be beside myself if she didn't look the same.  You better get that ol' wore out 124 tuned-up and ready.  Tilley paid "special attention", to my Heads and TB.  I may just bust your big a$$.  ;) Later--HUBBARD  

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »

What are you, a fu*king Lawyer now?  :nixweiss: "Gotta" is my way of sayin' "going to"............"have to"............"will"............"done deal."  The Header Pipes are at Jet-Hot, now.  And yes, Tilley's called the number you gave me and located the same part# Oil Cooler.  Thanks.  I would be beside myself if she didn't look the same.  You better get that ol' wore out 124 tuned-up and ready.  Tilley paid "special attention", to my Heads and TB.  I may just bust your big a$$.  ;) Later--HUBBARD  

You may just do it too, just means i gotta go spend more money.  

Does that mean Don didnt pay special attention last time ?   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

btw:    whats the status on that application for Brian 103Thunder  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:34:54 PM by Unbalanced »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.