Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 XM ?  (Read 1875 times)

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
2011 FLHXSE2 XM ?
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:17:18 PM »

Was just wondering if there was a fix out there to be able to install XM on my FLHXSE2 yet was hoping to keep it factory parts so my zumo would work on the radio. I had just bought a Zumo 660 witch I might have to sell it and get the 665.
Thanks Chuck

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 XM ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

Are you talking factory XM module for the stock radio? If so, here is the thread about adding the missing connector that enables the module to work. As far as I know, there is no factory fix for it yet or if there ever will be.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=54578.0

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »

I posted some information about the wiring issues involved in the thread referenced in the previous post.  Subsequently, I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer and he confirmed (mistakenly since only the NIM was installed; not XM or CB--see "edit" comments below) that they'd installed XM and CB on an SESG2 with the assistance of the MOCO on the wiring issues.  Another issue is simply space since the SESG2 already has an amp sitting on top of the radio along with the Ipod module.  

I'll make a point to talk to the tech who did the install and see what information he has on the installation.

Carl

EDIT:  Spoke to the tech who installed the NIM on the SESG2.  He had guidance from MOCO via email.  They used the non-Ultra overlay harness, p/n 70169-06 (which is used on non-Ultra fairing model bikes to install CB/Intercom and other accessories using the HK head unit) to replace the OEM harness connected to the radio, p/n 76477-10 for the ipod and made changes to the wiring/connectors.  Interestingly, the initial fix didn't work because the NIM didn't get power and ground, but they then used the power wire (orange/red) and ground (black/green) from the 76477-10 harness and solved the power/ground problem.  Everything works. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:02:47 AM by Harleypingman »

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 04:04:52 PM »

Thank You
That would be great
Chuck

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 12:24:54 AM »

I posted some information about the wiring issues involved in the thread referenced in the previous post.  Subsequently, I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer and he confirmed that they'd installed XM and CB on an SESG2 with the assistance of the MOCO on the wiring issues.  Another issue is simply space since the SESG2 already has an amp sitting on top of the radio along with the Ipod module. 

I'll make a point to talk to the tech who did the install and see what information he has on the installation.

Carl

Looking forward to any info you can get!

DSloane

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • Intrevention Partner, LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »

When I was negotiating buying my bike I specifically asked if it came stock with XM along with the iPod function. I was told yes and to everyones surprise, it didn't. The dealer agreed to cove the cost of adding the XM and ordered the appropriate parts. The parts arrived, made an appointment for the installation only to be told that there is not enough room in the fairing for the XM unit to fit. The mechanic talked to Michigan and was told they are working on a resolution that will take about six months to create.

I'm told more information will be provided from Harley some time this week.  Will post as I get the info.

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »

My original post has been edited to reflect that the tech installed the Navigation Interface Module on the SESG2, not XM or CB and was able to make everything work with help from MOCO.

Although the NIM is not XM or CB, the fix is instructive because it used the non-Ultra overlay harness to replace the OEM harness to which the ipod module was connected to the 35 wire connector at the HK head unit, and needed to supply power and ground to the NUOH since the normal way of doing so via the 6A/6B connector (the connector labeled "interconnect" on the NUOH) has no mating connector on the SESG2 as there is on other non-CVO fairing model bikes.

It must be embarrassing to MOCO, and frustrating to SESG2 owners, to have a CVO model loaded with features from the factory (ipod interface, amplifier, fairing lower speakers, etc.) that is non-receptive to relatively simple accessories such as XM and CB/Intercom that can be easily added to base model SG's, EG's, and RG's. 

Carl

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 20 queries.