Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my new softail  (Read 2514 times)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
my new softail
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »

just got back from harley city, watching them put together the new baby just out of the crate last night
WOW  first one in at the dealer and pretyy close to the first in australia, and let me tell you  it is better in real life than the pics,
pretty hard to buy a bike sight unseen, scarlett red and the paint looks an inch thick (youre right porky)
the dealer will deliver in the next day or two  :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: my new softail
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »

:worthless:
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »

ah, yes, and don't forget----------------------

:orange: :mango: :bananarock: :pineapple: :2vrolijk_20: :huepfenpinkie: :multi:

:xyxthumbs:   Tell us, how is it that you are getting one so quickly??  That's quicker than orderning one here in the states.  Or is it that you just happened to be in the right place at the right time.???   Just remember you must compensate for that extra 1" in the paint as you go around courners........................ha!      Pork

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:29:48 PM »

ok ... firstly the pics will come, didnt bother yet as it is stock standard,
when i first ordered the expected date was december january, as not many have been allocated here in australia
most are interested in the street glide or ultra, but i like softails and it will be a daily commuter for me,
this is the first 2011 cvo that came into the dealer, and it wont see the showroom at all , watched them assembling the bits and pieces this morning.
noticed the aircleaner has a rain coat, and the element was a little damaged, so that will be replaced, our mirrors are different from yours so i will replace those, i will change the exhaust at first service, service manager recomended rush, had them on his , a good note, ours are super quiet, but thats ok for running in.
will change the spark plug leads to red and will order a chrome toppers kit for all the nuts
VERY COOL BIKE THOUGH, cant wait till the weekend to ride it

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:59:56 PM »

Excellent!  So, by changing the mirrors, I must assume you are going to replace them with "ours" ?  So, if you sat or stood there watching them assemble the bike piece by piece, so to speak, how about giving us a rundown (explaination) of what all happens from the time it got to the dealer in a "box" (?).  We have people (namely me) here that are just itching to know what all are we getting for our prep charge??  Don't they just drive it out of the box right onto the showroom floor with gas already in it, etc???????  do tell............ Pork

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »

Congratulations on your new ride, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Quite a thrill getting a new CVO, just like Christmas all over again and again and again.

Ride Safe!

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:20 AM »

it was up on the hoist when i got there, so i missed it coming out of the box, but apparrently there is about 3-4 hours prep goes into them i was there for about an hour and a half while fluids were checked mirrors put on , i like the us version better , ours have that view where the cars look further away...
exhaust are diffrernt, similar to the california version , just slip ons , very subdued, whats your opinion of the rush brand, nuts and bolts were tork tested and tightened , a lot of cleaning,
just got a call the dealer will be delivering it tomorrow evening about 7pm melb time
didnt want to ride it home in rush hour traffic, i want go through everything nice and slow tomorrow
wiil light up my favorite stogie in the garage , sit there and look at it , read the manual , drink a beer, and promise will get some photos up by the weekend, of both my bikes :2vrolijk_21: :drink: :pepper:

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »

Congrats on the new ride, D.  Whatcha gonna smoke?

I'm still shopping dealers in a couple states for my purchase next year, but have one locked in at a dealer that I have bought 2 bikes from out of state in the past.

Cheers, mate.

Dennis

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »

the occasion calls for a montecristo white label or a ramon allones robusto,
ahh the hard choices we make in life :drink:

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

After picking my Scarlet Sara up the last week of Sept I still can't decide if I like looking at her or riding her better!  :pepper:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »

It makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one who still pauses to admire the beauty of their CVO. Betwen my wife and my ConV I am getting a stiff neck from all this craning...

Congrats on the new ride!

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

TBATFAN

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Con V Crimson
    • CVO2: 2008 FDXSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna 287/1050
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

I stop and admire everytime I go to the garage!!!!   Luckily I keep the beer in the fridge that is in the garage so I get to stop and admire quite often......especially on the weekend ;D    When I am not riding it that is :-* :-*
2007 Electra Glide Classic ( My Geezer Glide )
Dark Cherry
2008 FXDSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna
Anniversary Edition 287/1050
2010 CVO ConV Crimson

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »

weather still poor in melbourne but took it out today for its first ride , did about 40km, very comfortable , very fast but very quiet, new mufflers in a few weeks , will wait till i get 500 km on her , i pod is great , waiting for the sun to come out so i can take some pics

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 03:46:35 AM »

Come on dcigar, let's see these pics, want to see if they done any bad things to the HDI's like the did to the Street Glides.

Cheers,

Kev

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 06:37:49 PM »

photos will come, weather forecast for the coming week is great , rode the new girl this morning, i love riding to work , listen to golden oldies station on the new ipod, and park her right outside my shop in melbourne, have been doing that for about 15 years, and my customers love it , and best of all i get to work , serve customers, look up and there it is patiently waiting for me to return :apple: :pepper:
so this weekend the camera will come out, and i will have them on soon

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.