Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zuma/Garmin MP3 alternative to Ipod  (Read 513 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Zuma/Garmin MP3 alternative to Ipod
« on: November 13, 2010, 01:00:53 PM »

Hey,
it took me a while to figure this out, so maybe this info will help someone else?  The garmin/Zuma, whatever you want to call it that came with my 2010 CVO Ultra has the ability to play music.  First of all, it says you can only use a 4gb SD card and i am successfully using a 16GB card.  I copied all my music from my music folder (itunes) and out of 1,600 songs, only 400 would play.  Finally i figured out that the Garmin would only play MP3 files.  I went online and downloaded a free program to convert MP4a files (itunes purchases) to MP3's.  It took a couple hours, but i was able to convert all my music to my Garmin MP3 with the exception of the protected files.  All in all, i went from 400 songs to 1,300 and it only took a couple hours to covert them.  I almost said f%$# it at spent the money for the ipod connectivity, but i hated to do that because of the interaction of the garmin, bluetooth, and the head set capability.  Anyway, i thought i would pass that along, maybe it will save someone else some frustration.  Now i can give my buddies my SD card and they can copy it and enjoy the free music.  Ha Ha Itunes!!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.