Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Speaker Upgrade On Roadglide  (Read 26179 times)

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Stardust Silver & Platinum Dust FLTRSE3
Re: Speaker Upgrade On Roadglide
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »

last one!

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 11:04:03 PM »

I just finished installing the Hawg Wired Four I Your Face system (300 watts and four speakers in the fairing). Its a huge improvement and probably more than enough, BUT... not quite where I want to be. This system comes with four Hawg Wired 5.5 inch speakers, may upgrade one pair to the 6.5 Focal. Im also thinking of changing the head unit and possible more speakers in the bags.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »

Definitely going to continue with the upgrade. I ordered the Alpine 100m head unit last week and more to come.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »

Where are you putting 4 speakers?

Mike

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »

Where are you putting 4 speakers?

Mike
I've replaced the two stock speakers, added two to the inner fairing and adding two (and maybe a sub) in the bags. For the bags I'll definitely go 6 x 9. I heard the Infinity yesterday and I liked them. I still want to check out the Focal, Rockford Fosgate and Polk. Any suggestions, I'm looking mostly base for the rear.

SID8D2

• Keep the Shinny Side Up
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride, Winter in the Midwest Sucks!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Black & Blue
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black - Spooky
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »

I am in the process of upgrades to the stereo too, 09 SERG; Have the radio unit with Xm module and adding HW 4 in the face with speakers in the lower fairing. How do I go about having fade control between the upper fairing speakers and the lower fairing speakers? Do I some how pick up the rear RH/LH output plugs located in the fairing currently not being used?

It seams like my dealer added the Ultra overlay harness to my bike maybe when they installed the Xm. I have added the 5 new wires to the 35pin plug that goes in the back of the radio and that all seames to be straight foreward.

Hoping some can explain it to me in simple terms.

Thanks
2009 Road Glide FLTRSE3 110ci;
Fullsac X-Pipe,
V&H Hi Output Mufflers,
Hawg Wired Dbl Shot,
Crank Welded, Trued, Balanced,
H-Beam Rods,
T-Man 110 Thumper Top End,
T-Man 662-2 Cams,
Woods Directional Lifters,
58mm SE Throttle Body,
TTS Mastertune, 
LePera Daddy Long Legs Seat, 
[img]http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4094.0;attach=138042;image[/i

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 10:16:41 AM »

The rear speaker signal outputs are located in the 35 wire receptacle on the back of the radio.  The wire colors and pinouts are:

Rt. rear + = Green
Rt. rear - = Lt. green/brown
Lt. rear + = Brown
Lt. rear - = White/Brown

If you're working with the 35 wire Ultra connector inside the fairing the wiring assignments are 1,24,2, and 25, respectively--the numbered chambers are easier to find than the wire colors.

You can either splice the wires at the non-Ultra overlay harness (NUOH) 35 wire connector directly, remove the wires from the 35 wire connector and replace them with wires going directly to the speakers, or locate the wires in the NUOH's connectors used for the passenger controls left and right side, and use mating connectors and pins (you'd only be accessing the speaker wires, so two wires per connector) for a cleaner installation.

If the fader is not turned "on" the dealer can do it for your.Carl

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »

You can verify the pinouts/wire colors in the HD Service Manual. 

The pinouts are "live," so you'll get a signal, but if the fader isn't turned "on" already, the dealer will need to do it, or Iron Cross Audio can do it for you.  If your bass, treble, volume switch menu doesn't show "fader," it isn't turned on.

When I installed the fairing lower speakers on my bike, I removed the rear speaker wires from the 35 wire connector, installed new wires with the correct sockets to reassemble the connector and ran the wires to the amp, and then to the speakers.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

SID8D2

• Keep the Shinny Side Up
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride, Winter in the Midwest Sucks!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Black & Blue
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black - Spooky
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

The rear speaker signal outputs are located in the 35 wire receptacle on the back of the radio.  The wire colors and pinouts are:

Rt. rear + = Green
Rt. rear - = Lt. green/brown
Lt. rear + = Brown
Lt. rear - = White/Brown

If you're working with the 35 wire Ultra connector inside the fairing the wiring assignments are 1,24,2, and 25, respectively--the numbered chambers are easier to find than the wire colors.

You can either splice the wires at the non-Ultra overlay harness (NUOH) 35 wire connector directly, remove the wires from the 35 wire connector and replace them with wires going directly to the speakers, or locate the wires in the NUOH's connectors used for the passenger controls left and right side, and use mating connectors and pins (you'd only be accessing the speaker wires, so two wires per connector) for a cleaner installation.

If the fader is not turned "on" the dealer can do it for your.Carl

Harleypingman; Thanks,    I see the wires you are referring to in the 35 pin connector and in the holes you are referring to. They seem to route to a plug labled Rear Left and Rear Right. I think I would like to make the connection at these Rear Right and Rear Left plugs since they currently are not used. What are the other wires for in these rear speaker plugs (Rear Left- brown/white, red/white, grey/white, violet/black. Rear Right- red/black, violet/black, grey/white, red/white)?
2009 Road Glide FLTRSE3 110ci;
Fullsac X-Pipe,
V&H Hi Output Mufflers,
Hawg Wired Dbl Shot,
Crank Welded, Trued, Balanced,
H-Beam Rods,
T-Man 110 Thumper Top End,
T-Man 662-2 Cams,
Woods Directional Lifters,
58mm SE Throttle Body,
TTS Mastertune, 
LePera Daddy Long Legs Seat, 
[img]http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4094.0;attach=138042;image[/i

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »

I just finished installing the Hawg Wired Four I Your Face system (300 watts and four speakers in the fairing). Its a huge improvement and probably more than enough, BUT... not quite where I want to be. This system comes with four Hawg Wired 5.5 inch speakers, may upgrade one pair to the 6.5 Focal. Im also thinking of changing the head unit and possible more speakers in the bags.

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat... just not satisfied with the clarity and quality of the sound, stationary, or when riding. Based on all the positive reviews here, I thought it would be a good solution (especially for the price!!), and I think I initially thought it was pretty cool, but once the new wore off, I just don't think it sounds that great.  :nixweiss:

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat... just not satisfied with the clarity and quality of the sound, stationary, or when riding. Based on all the positive reviews here, I thought it would be a good solution (especially for the price!!), and I think I initially thought it was pretty cool, but once the new wore off, I just don't think it sounds that great.  :nixweiss:

Which boat are you in Crusty, and what stereo upgrades have you done?

I just received the new head unit today, the Alpine idax 100m and will be installing this weekend. It's hard to know what the end result will be, seeing that the snow is about 5' high outside my door. I just hope I'll be happy once I get back on the road. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 11:31:11 PM »

Harleypingman; Thanks,    I see the wires you are referring to in the 35 pin connector and in the holes you are referring to. They seem to route to a plug labled Rear Left and Rear Right. I think I would like to make the connection at these Rear Right and Rear Left plugs since they currently are not used. What are the other wires for in these rear speaker plugs (Rear Left- brown/white, red/white, grey/white, violet/black. Rear Right- red/black, violet/black, grey/white, red/white)?

They're for the passenger controlled PTT and Mode select.  One of the reasons that having the HD Touring models service manual and the appropriate CVO supplement is that these and many other questions are easily answered by the wiring diagrams.  You seem interested in these types of issues so buying the manuals would probably provide excellent value to you.

Carl
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:25:00 PM by Harleypingman »

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:35 AM »

Which boat are you in Crusty, and what stereo upgrades have you done?

I just received the new head unit today, the Alpine idax 100m and will be installing this weekend. It's hard to know what the end result will be, seeing that the snow is about 5' high outside my door. I just hope I'll be happy once I get back on the road. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

I've got the HW 4 in your face as well.

At least we don't have snow... was only 25 this morning, but I rode to work; good thing it is only a mile... lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.