Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: zumo 665  (Read 3819 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
zumo 665
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »

I have tried to get XM Radio to turn on the NAV WEATHER AND NAV TRAFFIC for 3 days now.
All I get is music and a basic weather screen that only shows forcast.
Anyone else had problems with there customer service. These guys in India dont understand hillbilly english.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: zumo 665
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28:17 AM »

Finally got a good number from xm to get the nav weather turned on. The number listed in the Harley manual is for cars and they cant turn it on unless its on there grid.  1-800-985-9200 gets the aviation div and they know what there doing I now have XM Radio, XmNavTraffic and XmNavWeather , on the Zumo 665.

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »

Sorry I did not see this earlier. I had the same thing happen when I go mine. They do not knowvthecdifference between Basic weather and NavWeather. A bunch if buffoons

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 04:07:10 AM »

Finally got a good number from xm to get the nav weather turned on. The number listed in the Harley manual is for cars and they cant turn it on unless its on there grid.  1-800-985-9200 gets the aviation div and they know what there doing I now have XM Radio, XmNavTraffic and XmNavWeather , on the Zumo 665.

You're saying that 800-985-9200 gets me to the XM aviation division and they can get it set up correctly? Did you use the code in the owner's manual for the free activation and free three months of XM radio?

I'd just about given up on them! Hope it works for me...

My next step was going to try to get someone with it configured correctly to give me their radio ID so the customer service rep could look it up and see what was done. Probably couldn't figure it out that way either!

Thanks!
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 04:09:26 AM »

I now have XM Radio, XmNavTraffic and XmNavWeather, on the Zumo 665.

Sorry, one more question--how much they charging you per month for that?

Thanks again.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

Rock,
       I just ordered the 665 as well for my FLHXSE2.  Do you have to mount the XM antennae, and if so, where did you mount yours?  Also, I noted that the 665 comes with a motorcycle fairing mount and the P&A book also carries a motorcycle fairing mount.  Are these both the same items?  My dealership had me order the mount along with the 665 and I am thinking that I didn't need to order a seperate mount, am I wrong?  Thanks

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 03:14:43 AM »

Rock,
       I just ordered the 665 as well for my FLHXSE2.  Do you have to mount the XM antennae, and if so, where did you mount yours?  Also, I noted that the 665 comes with a motorcycle fairing mount and the P&A book also carries a motorcycle fairing mount.  Are these both the same items?  My dealership had me order the mount along with the 665 and I am thinking that I didn't need to order a seperate mount, am I wrong?  Thanks

Aviator,

Check out Rheiner's thread: www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=51706.msg756504#msg756504

I actually haven't installed mine yet, as winter is in full swing here, and I thought I'd continue to research to possibly find a better solution for me. I'm trying to do something like Rheiner did in his post there; that is, I want to be able to switch the unit (and the XM antenna) "easily" between my bike and truck. I say "easily" because I'm beginning to wonder...

I'm almost you do need a separate fairing mount if that is the way you're gonna go. I'm leaning towards the HD handlebar mount (don't want to drill holes in the fairing) and some way--like Rheiner's set up--to put the antenna on the other side of the handlebars. The device is going to be in my truck a lot more than on the bike. And I got it mainly for the GPS and the weather, not the MP3s, Bluetooth, or traffic capabilities.

I've done a lot of looking here and on zumoforums, so I know if you do some searching, you'll see a lot of different ways that people have gone. With the snow, I have time to continue to look. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that all the bells and whistles will work 100% as advertised on the FLHXSE2s.

I'll post on here somewhere when I get activated correctly and how I decide to mount it.

Good luck.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I am using this GPS pretty much only on this bike, since all of my vehicles have "built in" nav systems.  I also have a Tom Tom for business trips requiring a rental car.  With those parameters in mind, I am going to permanently mount the fairing mount to the inner fairing (drilling required).  I am going to pay the dealership to do it since drilling is a one shot-one kill type of thing and I don't want to buy another inner fairing if the drill bit slips.  I did note on the other strings that the XM antennae does mount under the fairing on top of the radio or amp.  Hopefully there isn't an interference issue with that location.  Good luck with your mobile setup.  When I have mine setup, I will post some pics and let the forum know if I like it. 

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I am using this GPS pretty much only on this bike, since all of my vehicles have "built in" nav systems.  I also have a Tom Tom for business trips requiring a rental car.  With those parameters in mind, I am going to permanently mount the fairing mount to the inner fairing (drilling required).  I am going to pay the dealership to do it since drilling is a one shot-one kill type of thing and I don't want to buy another inner fairing if the drill bit slips.  I did note on the other strings that the XM antennae does mount under the fairing on top of the radio or amp.  Hopefully there isn't an interference issue with that location.   Good luck with your mobile setup.  When I have mine setup, I will post some pics and let the forum know if I like it. 

Mounted my antenna on top of radio.  No problems!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »

Good to hear, I am going to go the same setup route.  I like clean installs.

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 12:36:31 AM »

800 number did not work for me. Got the same lame customer care people as the number in the manual. Still can't get XM Radio and XMNavWeather like I want. That was about the 7th call I've made; same BS runaround, same BS result--$100 per month Aviation weather package that only gives a chincy local forecast on the 665...

Anyone with a 665 and XM Radio and XMNavWeather willing to PM me their XM account number (only) so that I could try to have their customer care look to see how it should be? I'd be forever greatful if it worked.

Thanks.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 12:20:38 AM »

Eighth call finally worked. Got an agent whose english was good enough and she must've had a better grasp of their products. I think the key is to convince them that the antenna is for a motorcycle (or car); according to one agent, the radio ID indicates it should be for an airplane...
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 12:47:34 AM »

I'm going to have to try again.  Been waiting on them for two weeks now, they informed me that it was coded wrong (took many calls to get that far as well), and at the time I activated, it was a known issue for two weeks.

How long does it take for someone to reenter the proper code in their internal database is beyond me.  :nixweiss:

To make matters worse, I got charged the activation fee, and when the 1st guy went to reverse it, he charged me a second time.  :oops:

Was there anything special you did other than just constantly calling in till you got a decently trained op?
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »

I finally got lucky

I GOT TO THE US GROUP  I called around 3PM CST.  Got the support group out of IA.  They have it together.  Have been having a billing issue as well as wrong service issue.  Agent handed me off to a supervisor and she took all of my inf and has submitted a ticket.  She told me it would take 7-10 days for it to appear correctly on my account.

Hoping this is the magic call

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »

I'm going to have to try again.  Been waiting on them for two weeks now, they informed me that it was coded wrong (took many calls to get that far as well), and at the time I activated, it was a known issue for two weeks.

How long does it take for someone to reenter the proper code in their internal database is beyond me.  :nixweiss:

To make matters worse, I got charged the activation fee, and when the 1st guy went to reverse it, he charged me a second time.  :oops:

Was there anything special you did other than just constantly calling in till you got a decently trained op?

What yo may have to do is have the signal resent to your unit.  You can either call them or if you have access to your account you can go to your account , click on your radio unit and then you will see an option to resend the signal.  may take 15-20 minutes for the signal to arrive. 

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 20 queries.