Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Finally....my ride has arrived  (Read 9032 times)

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
Re: Finally....my ride has arrived
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »

Congrats on the new ride.  I just got the same one (color) last month.  I love my new bike.  I have already put on the highway pegs, Rinehart exhaust, headlight bezel, slotted shift linkage, rider backrest, and changed the windscreen.  Still more to do, glad it's winter time so I won't feel bad for being in the garage vice out riding.  Safe riding.

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2010, 01:44:41 AM »

Sorry to hear about all of the trouble that you were having.  I have found that with my FLHXSE2, you can't really totally trust what the P&A book states about fit.  There are a few "different" things regarding the 2011 vs the 2010.  I tried installing the SE Heavy Breather on the bike last night, it doesn't fit with the lower fairing even though the parts catalog states that they make one specifically for the bikes with lower fairings.  I will be installing the Zumo 665 soon, I am sure that I will learn something else during that evolution as well.   

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »

Was at the dealership today. She will be coming home Sat. morning.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »

And another.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 09:19:45 PM »

Was at the dealership today. She will be coming home Sat. morning.
Congratulations my Friend.  Im so glad for you.  Cant wait for the pics Manga.   Take care and talk to you soon.  :bananarock:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »

Sorry to hear about all of the trouble that you were having.  I have found that with my FLHXSE2, you can't really totally trust what the P&A book states about fit.  There are a few "different" things regarding the 2011 vs the 2010.  I tried installing the SE Heavy Breather on the bike last night, it doesn't fit with the lower fairing even though the parts catalog states that they make one specifically for the bikes with lower fairings.  I will be installing the Zumo 665 soon, I am sure that I will learn something else during that evolution as well.   

This is what the  Zumo 665 looks like on my ride.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »

Congratulations my Friend.  Im so glad for you.  Cant wait for the pics Manga.   Take care and talk to you soon.  :bananarock:

Thanks Greg. :orange:

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:34 PM »

This is what the  Zumo 665 looks like on my ride.
Nice, thanks for the pic.  Mine is being installed today in the same location.  I was worried when I looked in the 665 box and noted a fairing mount in the box, since I had purchased a "fairing mount" for $40 from the dealership.  Turns out, the mount that I bought from the dealership is really a mount for the fairing mount.  Required if you want the clean install like you depicted. 

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »

Nice, thanks for the pic.  Mine is being installed today in the same location.  I was worried when I looked in the 665 box and noted a fairing mount in the box, since I had purchased a "fairing mount" for $40 from the dealership.  Turns out, the mount that I bought from the dealership is really a mount for the fairing mount.  Required if you want the clean install like you depicted. 

What you should do is get them to also install the Audio Cable that comes with the 665. It will plug from the zumo to the radio which will allow the sound to come through on the speakers of the bike which can then be turned off by selecting AUX on the radio. The wire will then run inside the batwing and come out at the right side of the handle bar. It looks like crap right now until i figure out how to bring the wire out from the side of the radio.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »

Tried to post some pics but they are too large of my ride as it came home today. Tired of cutting and cropping. Will try again tomorrow.

Soo i posted this pic for my buddy Greg instead.  :2vrolijk_21:. OPA and remember Bigger is Better. :bananarock:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2010, 09:27:41 PM »

What you should do is get them to also install the Audio Cable that comes with the 665. It will plug from the zumo to the radio which will allow the sound to come through on the speakers of the bike which can then be turned off by selecting AUX on the radio. The wire will then run inside the batwing and come out at the right side of the handle bar. It looks like crap right now until i figure out how to bring the wire out from the side of the radio.

Or send the radio to Iron Cross and have them add the aux port to the back of the radio. Then all you have to do is select Aux and you will have the ZUMO plaing through the radio and no wire going into the front AUX jack.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »

Tried to post some pics but they are too large of my ride as it came home today. Tired of cutting and cropping. Will try again tomorrow.

Soo i posted this pic for my buddy Greg instead.  :2vrolijk_21:. OPA and remember Bigger is Better. :bananarock:
Mano and Angelo picture ...Priceless. Yasou Manga that is so Awsome. :bananarock:

mike70

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 09:54:22 PM »

Great looking ride...see you on the road soon  :soapbox: I hate this weather ;)
If You Want It...Get It!

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2010, 08:22:21 PM »

Or send the radio to Iron Cross and have them add the aux port to the back of the radio. Then all you have to do is select Aux and you will have the ZUMO plaing through the radio and no wire going into the front AUX jack.

Sounds good MJB but who is Iron Cross? I would love to do this as i was going to try and pinch the wire between the radio and faring.....yes i know not a good idea but i hate the look of that wire coming across like that.

Thanks in advance.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

Great looking ride...see you on the road soon  :soapbox: I hate this weather ;)

Sounds good mike. There are enough of us in southern Ontario where we will be planning a get together.....no if the weather would cooperate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.