Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: What color  (Read 7954 times)

Retro 11

What color
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »

I am buying 2011 SESG, i am torn between the gunstock and the green. I think the gunstock looks very rich but the green junps out at you. Just wondering what most of you would buy. I have not seen any of them in person.
I understand that they have a problem with the green and might drop from the line. Also doyouthink they will still offer the SG next year.
          Thanks Retro 11

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
Re: What color
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

I like the Green, but don't like the Blacked out Motor.   :nixweiss:

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »

I have a '10 Spiced Rum. After seeing the orange/black in person, there's no doubt in my mind that I'd order the Kryptonite (green) if buying an '11.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »

You cannot order a Kryptonite bike.  The MOCO will not take any orders for them.  The only way you can get one is "IF" a dealer has one on order, from Phase 1, that he did not change the color on.....and it is not spoken for (highly unlikely)  Go back and look at the thread "Any Kryptonite bikes yet"?

Retro 11

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »

Do you like yours,and do you think they will offer the SG in 2012?
            Retro 11

firetae

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:09:23 PM »

I have the Autumn Haze/ Antique Gunstock and am really pleased with the color. I had the option to order any color I wanted and choose that one because my previous bike was black.  I did not want any black on my next bike at all.  It never really shows any dirt/dust and the paint is flawless.  As you said the color does not pop out, but it does draw plenty of attention.  The color is classic and deep.  I have no regrets about the color i choose at all.  Good luck with your choice.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »

Mine is a 2010 so in regards to the 2011 colors......unbiased.  But if I had it to do again, I'm pretty sure that I'd be going with the black and orange.  I think the other colors will fade in time......kind of like the 03 silver and black.....just don't do it for anybody any more. 

By the way, come to think of it, they produced the black and silver for 15 months......what happened to all those bikes?  Not that I miss them. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »

You cannot order a Kryptonite bike.  The MOCO will not take any orders for them.  The only way you can get one is "IF" a dealer has one on order, from Phase 1, that he did not change the color on.....and it is not spoken for (highly unlikely)  Go back and look at the thread "Any Kryptonite bikes yet"?

Should`a been Craptonite JMO go for any other other all great i do like the orange & the Autumn tho JMO again  its your bike & your bucks
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »

Do you like yours,and do you think they will offer the SG in 2012?
            Retro 11

If you are referring to me, I do not have it yet, NO ONE HAS A KRYPTONITE BIKE YET, They have not been made yet!  They will not arrive until February.  MAYBE, a few may sneak in, in January, but it is unlikely!

G

Furmon

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 07:25:32 AM »

I got the black and orange two weeks ago, I really like it, it stands out and I get a lot of good comments.  The best color for you is what you like because you have to live with it.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:18 AM »

I got the black and orange two weeks ago, I really like it, it stands out and I get a lot of good comments.  The best color for you is what you like because you have to live with it.

Furmon,

WELL SAID!!!!!

G

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »

The color is too personal of a choice for anyone to make it for you.  Personally, I didn't want anything other than the Black Diamond, but that is my personal choice and I love it.  If the Kryptonite is what floats your boat, it doesn't matter if everyone else hates or loves it, it is all about what makes you smile when you throw a leg over.  Go for exactly what YOU want, it's a lot of money to not be absolutely pleased with your decision.  Good luck.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »

I am buying 2011 SESG, i am torn between the gunstock and the green. I think the gunstock looks very rich but the green junps out at you. Just wondering what most of you would buy. I have not seen any of them in person.
I understand that they have a problem with the green and might drop from the line. Also doyouthink they will still offer the SG next year.
          Thanks Retro 11
I wouldn't decide on any color for a bike and especially a CVO bike from a picture, I would have to see it in person. I had a chance to buy a 2010SEUC in Blue/gray before it was put in the showroom. From the HD website I thought I would love it enough to buy, but didn't jerk my chain. I told salesman I was going to find and buy a 09 in Stardust Silver/Sapphire Blue. It was good for me but not great. Buy what YOU love. Most all of the colors and graphics look way better in person.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »

Mine is a 2011 Autumn Haze and Antique Gunstock.

Sorry to you Green/Black guys but I'm not a fan of the blacked out motor, wheels and pipes.

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Retro 11

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 10:37:39 AM »

Same as mine, at dealers Jan 15th, looking forward to seeing the color in person.
          Retro 11
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.