Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: IPod Nano  (Read 13262 times)

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
Re: IPod Nano
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »

Me too 8gig Bar and Shield logo on back

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2011, 12:32:01 AM »

It says "Custom Vehicle Operations"

this exactly what mine lloks like.  its not like the ipod shown in the CVO brochure that i viewed before buying my bike.  mine came with an 8gb Nano Touch with "Custom Vehicle Operations" lazer etched on the back of the belt clip with an apple logo below it.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:04 AM »

8G with etched Bar and Shield here, got ours in August i believe.  it would appear the bar and shield ipods with camera are pretty rare, huh!

FOR SALE: early 8G ipod Shuffle with CAMERA and BAR AND SHIELD!!!  RARE~ $1000 frirm    :P

kinda neat for those of us who got the early one, kinda sucky for everyone else i'd say.........although the 16G would be nice, i'll keep the bar and shield with camera.. ;) 
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »

Just something else to chew on...those new touch screen nanos have design flaw in that you can't turn them off. They only sleep...sooo, battery drain still happens, even if minutely. Countless blogs / complaints were made to Apple and a lot of people, including my BSR, have simply returned theirs because of the frustration over this. I noticed on another string here that some FLHXSE2 owners are now experiencing this first hand.

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »

Just something else to chew on...those new touch screen nanos have design flaw in that you can't turn them off. They only sleep...sooo, battery drain still happens, even if minutely. Countless blogs / complaints were made to Apple and a lot of people, including my BSR, have simply returned theirs because of the frustration over this. I noticed on another string here that some FLHXSE2 owners are now experiencing this first hand.

Doc

That is very strange.  I got the new touch screen nano and I can turn mine off.  If you press the power button once it goes into sleep mode, press and hold and it powers down.  I think thats how it works, its been sitting in drawer for over a week, I'll double check when I get home.  When its connected to the bike it doesn't really matter.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »

That is very strange.  I got the new touch screen nano and I can turn mine off.  If you press the power button once it goes into sleep mode, press and hold and it powers down.  I think thats how it works, its been sitting in drawer for over a week, I'll double check when I get home.  When its connected to the bike it doesn't really matter.

Ghost Rider...I just did a quick search to back up what I was saying and it appears we were both correct...lol...that generation of ipod nano had so many complaints that Apple released a software update which enabled the "Turn Off" function.

http://www.ipodrepublic.com/ipod-nano/turning-off-new-6th-generation-ipod-nano/2010/09/21/

So perhaps this is a fix for some of those having that issue...plug yer little square ones into iTunes and update the software...

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »

Ghost Rider...I just did a quick search to back up what I was saying and it appears we were both correct...lol...that generation of ipod nano had so many complaints that Apple released a software update which enabled the "Turn Off" function.

http://www.ipodrepublic.com/ipod-nano/turning-off-new-6th-generation-ipod-nano/2010/09/21/

So perhaps this is a fix for some of those having that issue...plug yer little square ones into iTunes and update the software...

Doc

And there you go, another problem solved by CVOHarley.com   :2vrolijk_21:

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 10:58:14 PM »

Apple stop making the old nano sep. Or Oct. Roughly, so you might get the small cube touch screen version

thats what i have.  no b & s though.  instead it says "custom vehicle operations" on the back.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

Apehanger

• Beer, It's whats for dinner...

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 11:21:42 PM »

Great... >:( Are there any Canadian owners out there.....maybe this is a Canadian thing  :nixweiss:.
Yeah, I'm Canadian and mine came with a STD 8gb with no logo, I asked why as I had done my home work before I bought the bike and we went over and looked at the same bike as mine that had yet to be PDI'd and same unit in that one...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 24 queries.