Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: My "CVO" stock seat is unbearable!  (Read 5798 times)

I need a new seat!

My "CVO" stock seat is unbearable!
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:14:22 AM »

I need your help to make an informed decision on what seat to buy for my 2008 FXSTSSE2. Choice 1: LaPera Maverick LK-910. Choice 2: Corbin classic solo and passenger Pillion. I have ridden a bike with a corbin seat and it was nice, but it didn't exactly fit the bike I had to shim the rear fender mount about 1/4" to bolt it down. Please help me. I do not want to waste my money and make the wrong choice.  Passenger Pillion comfort is as important as the driver's seat.

04se103

Re: My "CVO" stock seat is unbearable!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:30:25 AM »

I need your help to make an informed decision on what seat to buy for my 2008 FXSTSSE2. Choice 1: LaPera Maverick LK-910. Choice 2: Corbin classic solo and passenger Pillion. I have ridden a bike with a corbin seat and it was nice, but it didn't exactly fit the bike I had to shim the rear fender mount about 1/4" to bolt it down. Please help me. I do not want to waste my money and make the wrong choice.  Passenger Pillion comfort is as important as the driver's seat.
I moved your Thread here so you will get more input on your question.The New Member Introduction is there to Introduce yourself to the site when you can go by and Introduce yourself Thanks

Staylock

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »

I got a 2up from C&C Seats and it is great.  Check out this thread.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=47346.msg732978#msg732978

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »

What will you do with that username once you get a new saddle :huepfenlol2: ?

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »

I went with the Corbin gunfighter, and I love it. Rode 250 miles yesterday very comfortable
That just happened

I need a new seat!

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

What will you do with that username once you get a new saddle :huepfenlol2: ?
I will change it to "(insert username) ROCKS!" as an ode to the person who helps me find a great seat.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »

Call Sherry at Danny Grey.......I bought a weekend two up and a solo butt crack. The weekend two up was a huge difference than the stock. You can even custom how every you want too. I really think you will be happy. I own a 07 FXSTSSE2 and the 07 and 08 should be the same.....they both have a 200 mm rear tire and the same tank console. I Hope this will help you...
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 11:09:27 AM »

Call Sherry at Danny Grey.......I bought a weekend two up and a solo butt crack. The weekend two up was a huge difference than the stock. You can even custom how every you want too. I really think you will be happy. I own a 07 FXSTSSE2 and the 07 and 08 should be the same.....they both have a 200 mm rear tire and the same tank console. I Hope this will help you...

The '07 and '08 are NOT the same.

havoc

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »

LePera will custom a seat for you as well.  I think no matter who you go with it will be a better seat than the stock on.  I've just spent my money on other things and not the seat yet but it is coming soon!!  So take pictures and let us all know who you went with.

ed ammon

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 06:38:34 PM »

CORBIN MAKES A SEAT, 08 ONLY, GUNFIGHTER  AND LADY TOURING SEAT, VERY COMFORTABLE. 600 DOLLARS OR SO.

JD

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »

Have an '08.  Installed the Corbin Solo with Passenger Pillion (and sissy bar).  Also use the solo seat back rest because of the Chubby Apes.  Best move I did.  Very comfortable seat.  But, my fiance has to use a "Butt Saver" gel pad because the passenger pillion is hard.

Good luck.  Best advice is to get to a good bike rally (Sturgis or Daytona) and stop in to both booths and try them out.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »

07-08 are the same.......they both have a 200 rear tire....it changes in 09.......to 240 rear tire....
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

ultrafan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 02:56:21 PM »

may want to try mean city cycles they use your stock seat choice of padding gel memory foam heat plus new cover if you want. wife has a 08 low rider had the sides shaved to help reach and did memory foam she loves it ,she did the 105th reunion over 900 miles one way only person not on a dresser and had no complaints at all.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »

Corbin on both bikes, love them, heated on the CUSE and non heated on Road Rod, very comfortable for short and 500 plus mile rides
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JCarr1

• CVO1: Now - FXSTSSE3
    • CVO2: Gone - FLSTFSE2
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »

My Father-in-Law owns Atec Upholstery & Body Shop in Columbus, OH. They insert Pro-Pad gel inserts as well as make custom seat covers. He has been doing upholstery for over 30 years and is well known in Central Ohio. Attached is a pic of a seat with an ostrich insert.

You can call them @ 614-272-5217 or email them @ AtecUpholstery@gmail.com

It is a family business & my wife works part time there - Ask for Danielle & tell 'em you saw it on the CVO forum!

-Jared
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.