Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Install of the Revolution Performance EMS Tuning Kit on the 05 SEEG  (Read 43983 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Install of the Revolution Performance EMS Tuning Kit on the 05 SEEG
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:10 AM »

So you can expect various results based on what you have is all I'm letting you guys know.

Got it. Appreciate the clarification.  Now those of us with the hardware in hand will find some time over the next few days to see how ours are actually behaving to more effectively define the scope of the issue.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »

Spoke with Josh over at Rev Perf this morning...here is the answer. On the replacement ECM's they are not married to the TSSM so the fact that you can jump the starter is not surprising. There is a procedure to join them at home without the digital tech, but after he explained it to me it seems to be really annoying and it takes a full 30 minutes of on/off, press the run/stop button within exactly 2 seconds after the security light goes out, stand on one leg, etc. After the code is cracked on the '11 ECM's and they program my factory one this problem will be solved. If you had you original ECM programmed by them you will not have this issue. It is only when you replace the ECM that you will run into this problem.

I did mention that this should have been told to anyone buying the new ECM so this would not come as a surprise....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »

Spoke with Josh over at Rev Perf this morning...here is the answer. On the replacement ECM's they are not married to the TSSM so the fact that you can jump the starter is not surprising. There is a procedure to join them at home without the digital tech, but after he explained it to me it seems to be really annoying and it takes a full 30 minutes of on/off, press the run/stop button within exactly 2 seconds after the security light goes out, stand on one leg, etc. After the code is cracked on the '11 ECM's and they program my factory one this problem will be solved. If you had you original ECM programmed by them you will not have this issue. It is only when you replace the ECM that you will run into this problem.

I did mention that this should have been told to anyone buying the new ECM so this would not come as a surprise....

Earlier this morning I tried the red bike's alarm system MJ.  It worked as expected.  So the problem does seem specific to those few 2011s that have used ECMs other than their original ECM.  

I don't doubt they'll gladly perform the EMS work on the original 2011 ECM when they finish the code for those modules.  If they knew this was a consequence of using another ECM, however, it definitely should have been mentioned.  Have to wonder if they knew it all along (find this doubtful) or it was discovered sometime later or even recently?

In any case when the time comes it will be an easy fix.  Since it won't cost anything everyone should have sent their original 2011 ECMs back in when they could anyway.  If for no other reason than just to have an equally functional good spare.

I'm still exceptionally pleased with how the system has worked on my bike.  The ease of install and use for the effectiveness provided is nice.  It's a relief to know now that this is a relatively smaller problem than a larger one and a problem they'll easily correct when the software is (finally) ready.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »

This is totally unacceptable.  I demand to be provided beer and a comfortable chair and watch Don stand on one leg for a half hour turning switches and pressing buttons until my ECM and TSSM are married.  I will bring the shotgun if necessary.  :huepfenlol2:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2011, 10:45:06 AM »

This is totally unacceptable.  I demand to be provided beer and a comfortable chair and watch Don stand on one leg for a half hour turning switches and pressing buttons until my ECM and TSSM are married.  I will bring the shotgun if necessary.  :huepfenlol2:

He is about 1200 miles from me...I will take the ride if you can get him to do it! He then needs to provide 2 chairs and more beer.....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »

Oh hell yea!!! This would be worth a trip to Joplin to see. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »

Oh man......... 

Oh well, what the hell...... :welcome_005:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »

Are we all meeting on Don's place?   :D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »

Are we all meeting on Don's place?   :D

Sure sounds like it......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »

Are we all meeting on Don's place?   :D

Ernie, there have been threats of a mass congregation at my place on and off for years.  But the group has never had the stones to pull it off has never made it happen.

Travis and Ditch and Brian (Webb) and Scott (Cuthbertson) were all here for awhile one trip while Brian got all picky about the kind of chrome bolts we used on Scot's bike.

Rich and Brad and Howie (Singer) and maybe a couple others all here one afternoon for oil changes and to make Cybil ready for the trip back east (she was broken again).  

Howie (Haberer) led a group of his friends through one afternoon to stop and fix a buddy's Road King that had had a loose compensator nut for a thousand miles or more.  And a few others too, both local and not as they've passed by.  Not all even to get work done!

But that's been in it.  Nothing big enough to warrant being called a party.  Honestly, I think as a crowd we're all just too old to manage that kind of thing anymore ??? .

Tirpitz

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 Ultra Limited
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »

I think you mean "Uncle Donnie's Place"
Everyone crashes. Some get back on, Some don't, Some can't.
Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and
lived, and still rides.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »

Ernie, there have been threats of a mass congregation at my place on and off for years.  But the group has never had the stones to pull it off has never made it happen.

But that's been in it.  Nothing big enough to warrant being called a party.  Honestly, I think as a crowd we're all just too old to manage that kind of thing anymore ??? .

Now if that's not a dare, I don't know what is :nervous:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »

Now if that's not a dare, I don't know what is :nervous:

:nixweiss: :angel: :nixweiss:

patsfan

« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »

I just did this procedure as Fedex delivered my stock unit to the wrong address and RP sent me a replacement. Its not that bad. It does take about 30 minutes with 3 cycles of turning your ignition off then on within 2 seconds of the security light going out. About 10 minutes for the light to go out each time. I used a kitchen timer and set it at 9 minutes, then watched closely for the light to go out. If you do this, I suggest pulling the headlight fuse first, to save on your battery. There are a couple other steps, at first you start the bike and let it stall, which it will until the procedure is done. At the end, simply wait 15 seconds before starting the bike. I worked perfectly for me and using a timer, I just did some detaling on the bike in between steps.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »

I just did this procedure as Fedex delivered my stock unit to the wrong address and RP sent me a replacement. Its not that bad. It does take about 30 minutes with 3 cycles of turning your ignition off then on within 2 seconds of the security light going out. About 10 minutes for the light to go out each time. I used a kitchen timer and set it at 9 minutes, then watched closely for the light to go out. If you do this, I suggest pulling the headlight fuse first, to save on your battery. There are a couple other steps, at first you start the bike and let it stall, which it will until the procedure is done. At the end, simply wait 15 seconds before starting the bike. I worked perfectly for me and using a timer, I just did some detaling on the bike in between steps.

Brady-lover, congrats on getting through that gawd-awful annoying process.  Glad you got it sorted out.  Pulling the headlight fuse is a good idea.  I still leave a battery tender plugged in while doing it just for extra piece of mind.  Have been told that if the battery goes down enough to shut things off during the process that it's an unrecoverable mistake and you buy a new ECM.  Never wanted to find out for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.