Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Install of the Revolution Performance EMS Tuning Kit on the 05 SEEG  (Read 43986 times)

patsfan

Re: Install of the Revolution Performance EMS Tuning Kit on the 05 SEEG
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »

Brady-lover, congrats on getting through that gawd-awful annoying process.  Glad you got it sorted out.  Pulling the headlight fuse is a good idea.  I still leave a battery tender plugged in while doing it just for extra piece of mind.  Have been told that if the battery goes down enough to shut things off during the process that it's an unrecoverable mistake and you buy a new ECM.  Never wanted to find out for sure.

Ya know, I have a tender and had I been thinking, I should have had that hooked up as well. The battery going low enough for a shutdown during that procedure would have been a major bummer.
Looks like we are going to have football and yes, Brady rules (lol).

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:45 AM »

Got a little bored this morning so spent a little time Googling Revolution Performance EMS reviews.. WOW. Already there are tons of post and all positive reflecting how well the system works and lots of brags on good running bikes. Even found a few where some users had their bikes dynoed after their EMS install and compared dyno readouts to their previous setups they had with SERT and/or TTS etc. and each reported equivalent or better numbers. And anyone stating anything about their milage said they were getting better miles to the gallon then previous. I personally have an EMS brand new still sitting in a box just waiting to get installed. Unfortunately i was one of the unlucky masses that purchased a Jims 131 for my 08 Ultra and the motor didn't last but 3,000 miles. Even after Jims came to the plate and somewhat honored a half-azz attempt to fix a scissored crank on their dime and after i chipped in an extra $500 for a welded crank, they still screwed up and couldn't get it right. They sent me my rebuilt motor with a so-called trued and welded crank with a run-out of 4.5/1000. We also discovered it appeared all original bearings were never touched/replaced, the rings were not touched and cylinders were not re-honed.   Loosing all faith with Jim's i found a local builder whom discovered the welds on the crank were so bad that the crank shifted during the weld and Jims just slapped it back together and called it good. My builder said either get a new crank or send what I have to Hoban or Falcon before we go further. I've been sitting on this for a few months I finally have the time and $$ to finish this off. With all luck working my side, i'll have my crank in order next month and motor back to life with my brand new Revolution Performance EMS installed by the first 2011 Toy Ride.  I read two EMS reviews, one with a 120 another with a 131 and they love it, (and both dont claim them as a Jim's motor) their bikes run as good as ever.. I ran the DTT with the wide band Twin Tec and i always favored a wide band tune so i cant wait to get my bike back in order with my new EMS so i can do my own bragging..   See what bordon does to ya   :P  

OH,,almost forgot to mention,, (I couldn't find a pot stirrer emoticon - darn it ! ) but im glad to see opponents claim is proving to be a minor issue.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:55:36 AM by cvobiker »

hogasm

« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:50 AM »

Oh hell yea!!! This would be worth a trip to Joplin to see. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Hell I will even ride to Joplin to see there :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

cruzmisl

« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »

I'm in! Who has the best price on this beast? Any suggestions?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2011, 02:20:07 AM »

Check this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=60986.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »

Jim, hd-dude on the site has a good price on the EMS.

Click here and send him a message--> http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=619

Or his website is http://www.metaldragonhd.com/

Best service in the world. (IMHO)

;D

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »

I haven't been so lucky.

Ordered a new ECU (from a 2010) as part of my RevPerf EMS install and sent to Rev Perf. Got it back and hooked up - throwing a side stand error in the odometer. Called Adrew, he wouldn't authorize me to send it back to them to correct until I spoke with Josh (like he could fix it over the phone). Didn't care for the fact that I lost a day just because Josh was out of the office at the time. Verified that it was a programming error, they sent me a pre-paid label to return ECU. Got it back after they had re-programmed it ... SAME FREAKIN' ERROR.

Spoke with Josh and he said he would research and get back with me. Havent heard from him since (that was 8:30 yesterday morning). Been calling today and no-one is picking up. If my bike was down because of this I would be MAJORLY pissed. Since all I have are pipes and a K&N element, I installed all 4 02 sensors and can swap from stock ECU/12mm O2 sensors to RevPerf EMS in 10 mins. Although not ideal, I can still ride.

Bottom line is I've got a $300 horked ECU and so far no real direction on how RevPerf is going to fix it.
I'm still excited about the system, but right now it is a $1,000 paper-weight.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »

I think your timing is unfortunate and bad. (not your fault).

They are working with a skeleton crew now, since they committed to attend Sturgis.

It was a good move, but there are some draw backs

not having all of your resources back home.

hopefully you get up and running quickly.

PS. just installed mine yesterday and have only put 80 miles behind me, but so far I am smiling.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »

I haven't been so lucky.

Bottom line is I've got a $300 horked ECU and so far no real direction on how RevPerf is going to fix it.
I'm still excited about the system, but right now it is a $1,000 paper-weight.

Sorry to read you've got the ongoing issue.  Was hoping it would be resolved more efficiently than it has.

And you're right.  While Revolution Performance has been excellent in handling every consumer issue I've heard of until now that doesn't help the one instance that feels to be left standing out in the cold.  While the timing couldn't be worse with the shop having most (and primary) resources at and/or geared up for Sturgis not all riders are at Sturgis.  You could just as easily be stranded at a flea bag motel somewhere rather than at home with the ability to swap o2 sensors back and forth.

Their record has been so good so far that they can't be damned for one incident.  I'm confident, however, that they themselves would admit need for a better effort here.  

When it's all buttoned up be sure and advise what finally resolved the problem and how the system is working in operation.  Will look forward to reports of the first rides.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:41:00 AM by Twolanerider »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »

Finally got ahold of Brian.
I'm sure it will get resolved next week.

Still stoked about the system ... looking forward to actually using it one day!

:)
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »

Still trying to get my system sorted out. Still have the stumble and a little skip along with decel pop every once in a while. Sent the ems back to them  and got it back fast but it was even worse than before.Could not getthe bike to idle at all. Did the install according to the manual and wouldnt idle.Finally said screw it and revved it till it smoothed out. Took a long time after it was warmed up.Went for a ride.Bike runs good but off idle its a dog. After a few calls was told to remove o2 sensors and check them but did not want to wrestle with them till I got a special socket.Finally got the tool but cant get in touch with anyone cause they are all in Sturgis. Left Andrew two messages today but no response yet. Anyone have this issue.

hogasm

« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2011, 07:14:51 PM »

check your pins connecting your ECM........this is the most popular cause of poor performance

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »

Still trying to get my system sorted out. Still have the stumble and a little skip along with decel pop every once in a while. Sent the ems back to them  and got it back fast but it was even worse than before.Could not getthe bike to idle at all. Did the install according to the manual and wouldnt idle.Finally said screw it and revved it till it smoothed out. Took a long time after it was warmed up.Went for a ride.Bike runs good but off idle its a dog. After a few calls was told to remove o2 sensors and check them but did not want to wrestle with them till I got a special socket.Finally got the tool but cant get in touch with anyone cause they are all in Sturgis. Left Andrew two messages today but no response yet. Anyone have this issue.

Is the stumble completely new since the install? How did the bike run previously?

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2011, 02:50:15 PM »

Checked the pins previously.Cleaned and reconnected.

The stumble was there previously but Andrew said that he thought he could  get it out with the ems. Dealer hasnt the slightest clue but I knew that already.Just was hoping. They want me to buy the sert and do a dyno run but FT.
Andrew  called me last night after 8 pm from Sturgis and had me talk to Josh. Josh told me to remove sensors and adjust the lights on the module.Go through the start sequence 10 sec on 10 sec off four times after putting sensors back in. Started bike let it warm up a little.Seems better need to go for a ride right now. Will post after testing. I really am happy that they called even though they are busy, that says a lot for  them and the company. Not like others that wouldnt bother after they made the sale.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »

The stumble was there previously but Andrew said that he thought he could  get it out with the ems.

Having the problem present before the EMS installation makes it more of a problem for you; that's for sure.  Were it solely a tuning issue Andrew's optimism that EMS could take care of it is likely well founded.  What you nor they nor anyone else knows for sure at this point, however, is if the existing problem is a tuning issue or some other problem.  If it is some other problem no amount of tuning nor any added intelligent tuning hardware is ever going to solve it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.