Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Fan powered oil cooler  (Read 21731 times)

admccrea

Fan powered oil cooler
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »

Hey Guys,

I know there are alot of threads on oil coolers and I have been searching them all morning.  I remember finding a fan powered oil cooler but it is not the Ultra Cool.  Any help finding the other oil cooler would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Andy

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Fan powered oil cooler
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »

If you come across the Big Sky Fan,, dont waste your money,,, appositely worthless. There are a few threads on this forums discussing this product. do a search on Big Sky Fan and you should find a few threads. If i come across any i'll post them here

admccrea

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »

I checked out the Big Skey Fan, not really what i am looking for.  The cooler i an looking for was round wit a copper coil inside and a fan on when end drawling air accross the coil.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:12:31 PM »

I believe the one you are looking for is from Enigma Concepts Inc. Their website is under construction currently but I talked to them just the other day. They call it CAOCS 1. It is two parts one is as you described with a fan in one end blowing across and out the other end and the other part is another fan behind the horn cover. I posted some pictures of it installed on my bike here is the link http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=54574.0
 I would be glad to answer any questions you have . I am happy with their product, very good people to work with.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 08:28:31 AM »

Rooster, You have had this cooler on for a while now. Is there a big difference in your oil temps? I'm considering this unit. Doesn't take away from the lines of the bike and with the fans should work at any speed. Big review in the N.C. Full Throttle mag this month. Any more information or opinions would be appreciated.
thanks,
Ben :nixweiss:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:46:47 AM »

The fan comes on at about 165 on the gauge in my fairing. Warmed up running temp is 225 and so far have not seen it go over 232 in town bumping through the lights where it use to rise up to 245 or more depending how long you have to set. I have had it for just one thousand miles so far and outside temps not over 75. At about 70 outside after going through the lights and getting on the freeway and a few miles down the road have watched the oil gauge drop as low as 210. I will say my motor runs cooler with this setup than before so it was a good investment for me. I don't think any product is going to give you a 30 or more degree drop overall but in some circumstances it gets close. It is set up to let your motor warm up properly before coming on. And keep in mind I have a Jim's 131. They have installed these on sidecar bikes and Trikes and have seen great results on them.

admccrea

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »

Thanks Rooster, your original post is the one that I remembered.  I am going to check these guy out.  I have heat problems when running in stop and go traffic, I hope this is is the answer.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »

Thanks Rooster, your original post is the one that I remembered.  I am going to check these guy out.  I have heat problems when running in stop and go traffic, I hope this is is the answer.
x 2 Thanks Rooster

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »

If you come across the Big Sky Fan,, dont waste your money,,, appositely worthless. There are a few threads on this forums discussing this product. do a search on Big Sky Fan and you should find a few threads. If i come across any i'll post them here
Why do you say its worthless? Have you tried it?

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

admccrea

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »

How was the installation?  do you have a t-stat or did you use a switch?

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 04:31:47 PM »

This is nice, unfortunately the fans together only put out 48CFM where the Big Sky Fans put out 96CFM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150466346078&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

koobs i'm curious do you have any posts on this site that don't promote Big Sky?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

Actually I do have a post about a Harbor Freight horn. :bananarock:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »

Why do you say its worthless? Have you tried it?

obviously you forgot this thread...  got back and refresh your brain..   :confused5: :confused5: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=54215.15
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 25 queries.