Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anything in the media about Billy Lane ?  (Read 3297 times)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Anything in the media about Billy Lane ?
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »

Has anyone seen any reports on Billy Lane lately ?

This post should end with a remembrance of why Billy Lane is in prison.

May his victim rest in peace and that man's family find some measure of solace in Lane's imprisonment

B B
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:25:20 AM by Spiderman »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Anything in the media about Billy Lane ?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »

We have all done stupid things in our life's. Thank God I never killed someone.
Bill

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »

We have all done stupid things in our life's. Thank God I never killed someone.

AGREED!
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »

This is the thing I will never understand about people who know they're guilty of a crime. Lane has been dickin the system around for the past three years and now has a six year sentence in front of him that he knew sooner or later he was going to get. Had he fessed up from the get go he'd only have three years left to serve. A person convicted of a crime showing remorse at the 11.99999th hour is not remorseful in my book. That remorse is nothing more than the clarity that comes with knowning there's no way out; no other legal tactics to be employed, no more games to play. I met Billy Lane a long time ago at the Bank and Blues on Main St in Daytona. At the time, the chopper boom was just beginning although most bikers knew him. He was a nice guy. Rode up on his bike with only a couple friends with him, posed for pictures, no bodyguards, no VIP chit; just a regular guy. I thought of the contrast between this and the fiasco going on out at the Iron Horse with OCC and a team of bodyguards, lining people up to have only merchandise people bought from OCC autographed. Nonetheless, when Billy killed this man and then proceded to spend three years hiding behind lawyers, denying the truth and delaying the inevitable, I lost all respect for him.
When motorcycles, especially air-cooled V-twins are a life's passion as they are for many people on this website it is sad to see someone of the talent and ability of Billy Lane do something like this. Some people say we've no right to judge but who does then ? GOD ? Well that's the final judgement that no one, irregardless of fame and fortune escapes, but while here on earth we are all subject to judgement by our peers. I've judged Billy Lane and found him to be of low character. I hope at the least, six years in the Florida Prison System impresses on him that we are all accountable for our actions.
I also have another idea. I am sure one or more of the Florida Prisons has a metal shop. In my opinion, Billy Lane should continue building choppers while in prison with the proceeds going to pay the cost of his keeping as well as restitution of some form to the victim's family. Every year all over this nation we send people to prison who have talent and ability to earn income while in prison. That income should go toward the cost to the rest of us who abide by the law and pay our taxes for housing and feeding these felons.

B B

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:02:36 PM »

Well said

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »

This is the thing I will never understand about people who know they're guilty of a crime. Lane has been dickin the system around for the past three years and now has a six year sentence in front of him that he knew sooner or later he was going to get. Had he fessed up from the get go he'd only have three years left to serve. A person convicted of a crime showing remorse at the 11.99999th hour is not remorseful in my book. That remorse is nothing more than the clarity that comes with knowning there's no way out; no other legal tactics to be employed, no more games to play. I met Billy Lane a long time ago at the Bank and Blues on Main St in Daytona. At the time, the chopper boom was just beginning although most bikers knew him. He was a nice guy. Rode up on his bike with only a couple friends with him, posed for pictures, no bodyguards, no VIP chit; just a regular guy. I thought of the contrast between this and the fiasco going on out at the Iron Horse with OCC and a team of bodyguards, lining people up to have only merchandise people bought from OCC autographed. Nonetheless, when Billy killed this man and then proceded to spend three years hiding behind lawyers, denying the truth and delaying the inevitable, I lost all respect for him.
When motorcycles, especially air-cooled V-twins are a life's passion as they are for many people on this website it is sad to see someone of the talent and ability of Billy Lane do something like this. Some people say we've no right to judge but who does then ? GOD ? Well that's the final judgement that no one, irregardless of fame and fortune escapes, but while here on earth we are all subject to judgement by our peers. I've judged Billy Lane and found him to be of low character. I hope at the least, six years in the Florida Prison System impresses on him that we are all accountable for our actions.
I also have another idea. I am sure one or more of the Florida Prisons has a metal shop. In my opinion, Billy Lane should continue building choppers while in prison with the proceeds going to pay the cost of his keeping as well as restitution of some form to the victim's family. Every year all over this nation we send people to prison who have talent and ability to earn income while in prison. That income should go toward the cost to the rest of us who abide by the law and pay our taxes for housing and feeding these felons.

B B

Strong feedback....no argument here.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.