Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AMPLIFIER FLASH FOR 2011 RGSE  (Read 1168 times)

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
AMPLIFIER FLASH FOR 2011 RGSE
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »

Just got my bike back from dealer doing the amp flash described to lower the lows on my RGUSE dosnt sound any different
they described the job they did as update to the HK radio now I know this is something I can do myself but the amp flash I believe had to be done with digital tech where would they do this upgrade ?? directly at the amp at the radio or through some other wiring connector ??    losing faith here (in the dealer)
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: AMPLIFIER FLASH FOR 2011 RGSE
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »

The download is done through the bike's data link; the same link used to reprogram the ECM when tuning the bike, adding intercom on bike's that don't already have it, turning "on" the fader control on bikes that don't have it, etc.

The download for the bass adjustment is done to the amp, not the HK radio, and is typically done with the bass ports are added to the rear speaker pods. 

Another member (robandmay (sp?)) had it done when he added the bass ports to his RGUSE and reported it made a difference.

Carl

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »

thanks ... thats what I was explaining to the service manager and technician Its difficult to have faith when they havnt done a single thing right to date  it even took me 15 minutes to get them to accept that the electra glide backrest didnt belong on my road glide tourpak What they seem to have done is load an older version of the HK system now have version 8.22 when harley website says it should be 8.25
how many people just accept what the dealer tells them regardless of the common sense of the situation dictates.
SO GLAD THIS WEB SITE IS HERE. :orange: :mango:
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »

access to the data port under seat?? or behind side cover??

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »

kiwihog,

When I replied to this thread I didn't recall that you had the wrong backrest on your tour pak; as I now recall, I posted a pic of the RGUSE backrest and you used it with your dealer.

Frankly, it seems the exception when a sales person, Service Manager, or tech is encountered who knows the product line, accessories, etc. inside and out.  It was only a couple of months ago that my local dealer had an RGU on the floor with the wrong tour pak (turned out it was the tour pak used on export models).

Carl

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »

I agree they shouldnt know everything but I have been in the automotive service industry since I came to USA and cant understand why they wont go the one extra step after actually listening to the customer and finding out the correct answer to the problem or saying they dont know but will find out rather than just telling me BS to make me go away.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »

Sorry Kiwi, you're having problems. It's because the dealer is making so much money that he doesn't have to spend some time talking with a client, who is very interested in spending his hard earned money. Go figure!

Some people just don't have it figured out yet.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »

thry dont realise it but they get one shot at my cash and I move on I felt I should give them this opportunity to take care of the warranty issues and the 1000 mile service . now thats done I'll look around. comes down to a lack of training or maybe just lazy

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »

thry dont realise it but they get one shot at my cash and I move on I felt I should give them this opportunity to take care of the warranty issues and the 1000 mile service . now thats done I'll look around. comes down to a lack of training or maybe just lazy

When I've reached that point, I make it a point to tell them and explain the reason why.  If you don't say anything, they won't care. They just might think you moved or sold your bike.  If you tell them and they don't care, then they shouldn't be in business very long.

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.