Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: HD Kids Kryptonite Mods... Paint and Powdercoat done!!  (Read 28202 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Re: HD Kids Kryptonite Mods
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:50 PM »

Thanks for the pictures!!

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

Very nice.The more I see the KTP, makes me think I'll eventually go that route. Roughly $ 2700.00 here in the frozen wasteland. What head light is it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:38:26 PM by OlDog »

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »

Damn that greenie is really pretty------------- are you gonna do black fork sliders and black front crash bar also? Just wondering how that would look.
No need to wonder :)

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »

Bump to the top for new mods!! on the first post.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »

Brother the green inner fairing and center console look absolutely awsome.  Definitely 1 of the firsts.  Great job  :2vrolijk_21: Also the license plate bracket is  a nice touch.  Great mods and again Awsome Greenie  :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:35 PM »

Matt,

AWESOME JOB!!!!! Love it dude!!

I am confused on your exhaust though, in the early pictures you had the black exhaust on, in the later pictures it's back off?? Who did your painting? How much prep work did they do on the license plate frame do you know? Have had one guy say he can paint it and no issues, and another say he needs to rough it up, spray it with and epoxy coating and then paint it $$$$. How about your mounting of it? Did you line the edges with some trim or??? once again, AWESOME JOB!!!

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »

Matt,

AWESOME JOB!!!!! Love it dude!!

I am confused on your exhaust though, in the early pictures you had the black exhaust on, in the later pictures it's back off?? Who did your painting? How much prep work did they do on the license plate frame do you know? Have had one guy say he can paint it and no issues, and another say he needs to rough it up, spray it with and epoxy coating and then paint it $$$$. How about your mounting of it? Did you line the edges with some trim or??? once again, AWESOME JOB!!!

Thanks, i'm having the exhaust powder coated gloss black and its not back yet.  Had a local guy do the paint, he did an AWESOME job matching the color.  I do know the LP bracket was sand blasted, but other than that i dont know what kind of prep went into it. He painted the screws too, but they ended up being to short to use. wish i would've drilled and done a test fit before i had it painted. I left 2 of the srews that held the stock bracket on to help keep the plate off the fender and cut some rubber spacers to go on each screw in between the plate and the fender. i used fairing trim around the bracket and after it was tightened down there isnt any gaps.  He just charged me $50 bucks for the LP bracket.

If anybody else is interested in a color matched inner or anything else for that matter, my guy does an outstanding  color match job! Mine was $250 cuz it was 2-tone( left the bottoms black to match the legs) but a single color is $150.00 + the price of the paint!! All he needed was one of my side covers to get a match from. he does great touch up work too. PM me and i can get you all his info.

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
Re: HD Kids Kryptonite Mods... Paint and Powdercoat done!!
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 11:41:42 PM »

Hello Kid
Your bike is looking great. I have a ? about the FBI tp mount. According to FBI the King tp is too heavy for the mount and vibrates quite a bit. Do you have any issues with this ? I ordered one any way but I'm just curious if the vibration is a problem.
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »

Which floorboards did you use or did you just powdercoat the stock ones?

Glenn

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »

Lookin' GREAT Matt!
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 11:39:04 PM »

Hello Kid
Your bike is looking great. I have a ? about the FBI tp mount. According to FBI the King tp is too heavy for the mount and vibrates quite a bit. Do you have any issues with this ? I ordered one any way but I'm just curious if the vibration is a problem.

I dont have any vibration nor does it feel like it ever would. Pretty solid mount in my opinion. Thats odd that they told you that, because i asked about that same thing when i ordered mine and they said no problem!

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »

Which floorboards did you use or did you just powdercoat the stock ones?

Glenn

I got the ones that came on the 2010.5 blacked out ultra. All of the rubber parts come out of the rumble collection pegs and pedals except for the floorboards, they are riveted in place.  Didnt see the point in messin em up when i was able to donate em to my ol man. so i just ordered em already black.

Matt

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2011, 12:20:26 AM »

They said they had a lot returns due to vibration using the king tp. I guess that may be why they only list the mount for the chopped or razer tp. I decided to take a chance and order it anyways. I'm glad to hear you don't have an issue with yours. Oh ya when is the $$$$ tree going to run out of funds for your mods, I can't keep up!! my tree is in hibernation.
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

eaglecat

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 03:20:06 AM »

;D   could you tell me how i can get the green display also please.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »

They said they had a lot returns due to vibration using the king tp. I guess that may be why they only list the mount for the chopped or razer tp. I decided to take a chance and order it anyways. I'm glad to hear you don't have an issue with yours.Oh ya when is the $$$$ tree going to run out of funds for your mods, I can't keep up!! my tree is in hibernation.

HAHAHAHA, My $$$ tree for the bike looks like a tornado has hit it at the moment!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 25 queries.