Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG FOR FXR OWNERS  (Read 3122 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG FOR FXR OWNERS
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »

Well Guys and Girls,

As we all know not only with SuperTrapp but with other makers (as well) it seems our options are "dwindling"  in terms of "performance" pipe options that fit these bikes.  

For a couple of years now I have wanted to try and see about getting the "newer version" "Supermeg" which is chromed, comes with heat shields, and features the 2.5" collector to fit.  Since I have been rebuilding my engine on my 1999 FXR2 this winter, I decided to give it a try, even SuperTrapp's technical support could not offer much enthusiasm that fitment would be possible.

What I discovered through some R&D was that by "fabricating" a bracket, the pipe would securely mount to the FXR.

So I thought this would be as good a place as any to talk about this solution for our FXR's.

I have "sucessfully" taken the SuperTrapp 2-1 Supermeg part number 828-71454 which is marketed by SuperTrapp as fitting the 90-06 FXST, FLST as well as 91-05 Dyna Family Models.  As I mentioned above this pipe features being:

A)  Chrome
B)  Having Heat Sheilds
C)  2.5" Collector

While there are many distributors for SuperTrapp I have had a great experience working with a Company called JC Motors, who made it very easy to make the "potential" risk much less painful offering their "no hassle" gaurantee, basically allowing me enough time to see if I could sucessfully get the pipe to work on my FXR.

Here are some "LINKS" to Supertrapp as well as the company I worked with to aquire my pipe, their service was great, their price seemed and still seems competitive, and their willingness to offer the "no hassle" guarantee made my choice very easy.

I recently spoke with Mike B. at 1-800-706-9476 @ extension 222 and their price for the pipe is @ $544.95 and sometimes depending on market conditions he is willing to consider paying for shipping as well, so if you contact him ask about that.  Also if you choose to contact him simply let him know that you are doing an FXR APPLICATION.  When I purchased this pipe back in Dec of 2010 I could not find it for less than the above mentioned price.

CLICK HERE: SUPERTRAPP

CLICK HERE: JC MOTORS COMPANY

CLICK HERE:  FOR
GUARANTEE POLICY FOR PIPE

I like the way the pipe looks on my FXR, and has initially sounded, and am confident it will perform nicely as well.  

If anyone becomes interested in such a pipe for your particular FXR application I have put together a "bracket package" for a price of $43.00 + shipping.

I am also willing to simply offer a "guarantee" that if you aren't fully satisfied I will offer a full refund, I simply ask that you return in nice condition and pay for return shipping.  I am estimating shipping costs to be approximately $6.95.

I am hopeful that this helps some of us find another solution for a "performance" pipe, which otherwise hasn't been available to us as FXR Owners via SuperTrapp for a very long time.

Regards,

"Classic"

If anyone is interested simply PM me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:19:26 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
Re: SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG FOR FXR OWNERS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:09:58 AM »

A PHOTO OF THE "SUPERTRAPP "SUPERMEG" ON MY FXR2

Regards,

Tim

JonnyD

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:06:14 AM »

Tim, great looking pipe! I was looking back at you older pics and noticed you had the V & H 2-1, why'd you switch? Did you have to come up with some bracketry to install that pipe too?

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »

Tim, great looking pipe! I was looking back at you older pics and noticed you had the V & H 2-1, why'd you switch? Did you have to come up with some bracketry to install that pipe too?

I switched out of the pro pipe because of the sound.......it is/was tooooooooooooooooo loud "for me" for the "entire" time it was on my FXR2, for this reason I have desired a "SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG 2-1" for 5 years and because of "rebuilding" my engine this winter I finally invested my money and time for a "bit" of a risk (R&D) to see if I could end up with fitment that would work, and I have.

The "SuperTrapp" sounds great as well, and it has flexibility ie: tuneability.

Second question:

No, the V&H Pro Pipe requires no modifications for fitment.

Johnny........

By the way congratulations on your "NEW PURCHASE" I hope your experience and pleasure with your FXR3 is a life long adventure.

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:31:30 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »

JUST A PHOTO TAKEN OUT ON THE EASTERN PLAINS OF COLORADO WITH THE SUPERTRAPP SUPERMEG 2-1  

Regards,  

Tim
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:48:01 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 03:50:10 PM »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.