Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: steve from MASS saying hello and looking for some technical info  (Read 1633 times)

makstv5

steve from MASS saying hello and looking for some technical info
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »

I've been a member of a couple of the other HD forums and was interested what you cvo owners are choosing for a clutch set up for your high hp/tq engine builds? Just installed a 120R in a 2010 RGC and want to put the right clutch set up in it for the second try. I purchased and installed the SE race clutch with the engine and it is a very hard clutch to hold in and i also hear it might not hold too well so looking for the hot clutch set up, thanks Steve

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: steve from MASS saying hello and looking for some technical info
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »

between Ernie,JC,and myself we have 6 revera clutches  all installed by Jim of course   METAL DRAGON ROCKS
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

makstv5

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »

Would that be the complete inner and outer Rivera Prim Pro or just the inner hub and plates?

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:10:57 AM »

Hi,
Welcome to the site from sunny florida :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:
Take some time and create a new thread in new member introduction  to introduce yourself!!!!! :coolblue:

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:01:39 AM »

Rivera Pro clutch

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »

Welcome from Alabama
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »

If you're talking major torque and horsepower, one of the variable pressure units might be the hot ticket.  Relatively light effort at the lever (at low speeds), with increasing clamp loads as rpm increases.  Made to work with stock Harley clutch, as well as Rivera.  Some info here:
http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=3

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

makstv5

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

Well i have been looking at that AIM vpc and have it sitting on my table right now. That would be a vp92t with their gold spring and i bought the billet pressure plate which all together is called their procharger kit. After doing way too much research i am led to believe that if your tq curve starts too early that the vpc would not be pressing on the clutch pack enough to help at all. Now along with my windshield,exhaust,air cleaner,tuner,seat and other assorted parts collection i have started the clutch collection. I am looking at the Rivera set up as it along with other aftermarket clutch assemblies has twice the friction plate surface as the HD clutch plates and thus does not need as much spring clamping pressure to work efficiently. I installed the new 120R in my Road glide custom and used the SE race clutch which is very uncomfortable to hold in to say the least. I'm finding it very hard to find a clutch set up that is not slipping at one point or another while it is on a dyno. River and Bandit both are saying to use no more than 14oz of primary fluid with their clutch assemblies and recommend atf which does not get along with the SE compensator at all. For most stock or lightly modified applications you can put a very easy to pull spring with that AIM vpc and be happy as a pig in poo. Sure would like to hear some more clutch recommendations from some torque monster owners. Thanks from Steve in MA.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »

Welcome to the site from Tennessee. Good luck with your clutch quest...
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »

Well i have been looking at that AIM vpc and have it sitting on my table right now. That would be a vp92t with their gold spring and i bought the billet pressure plate which all together is called their procharger kit. After doing way too much research i am led to believe that if your tq curve starts too early that the vpc would not be pressing on the clutch pack enough to help at all. Now along with my windshield,exhaust,air cleaner,tuner,seat and other assorted parts collection i have started the clutch collection. I am looking at the Rivera set up as it along with other aftermarket clutch assemblies has twice the friction plate surface as the HD clutch plates and thus does not need as much spring clamping pressure to work efficiently. I installed the new 120R in my Road glide custom and used the SE race clutch which is very uncomfortable to hold in to say the least. I'm finding it very hard to find a clutch set up that is not slipping at one point or another while it is on a dyno. River and Bandit both are saying to use no more than 14oz of primary fluid with their clutch assemblies and recommend atf which does not get along with the SE compensator at all. For most stock or lightly modified applications you can put a very easy to pull spring with that AIM vpc and be happy as a pig in poo. Sure would like to hear some more clutch recommendations from some torque monster owners. Thanks from Steve in MA.

I think if you add a BDL clutch kit to the AIM Procharger kit, you'll be golden!  http://www.beltdrives.com/clutchkit.html  BTXP-14...  With Redline primary fluid... http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/1808/Motorcycle_Oils
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »

you can always go to foot clutch and shift - then the clutch can be as stiff as you want

to

makstv5

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »

Thanks,i have not even looked at them they have some interesting setups. I wish i knew more about the plus's and minus's of using the stock outer clutch basket.

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 20 queries.