Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Rinehart Crossback Pipes Installation  (Read 12040 times)

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Re: Rinehart Crossback Pipes Installation
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »

TLC,

Did they fit? I would love to get mine on over the winter!!!!!

I heard them on a crossbones with a 103 with a cam and they sounded great. I'm waiting to hear your results.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »

Took longer to pull the stock exhaust off than to mount the Crossbacks.  Lovin the sound and the look.

Looks sweeeeeet!  What's the heat like with both pipes under your leg on the right side?  :beerchug:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »

Zinister,Went to dealer today and they have them in stock,he called Rinehart and they told him they would fit.So now I have to wait for the PC-v to come in.Also they will do the dyno for my own custom map.Might as well do the 5000 mile fluid change too while there.Hopefully be done in less than 2 weeks.It would be nice if we have a couple of 50 degree days so i can ride for awhile when its done.Heading down 2 Ryhthm City on the 19th,I like going ther alot.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »

I think it' supposed to be in the high 50's here this weekend. I just had an Avon Cobra 250 put on yesterday and I'm looking forward to riding this weekend.

I want to get the pipes on and run it to see if that is enough to keep me from sending my heads out to Baisley's. Last year I changed cams, throttle body, pistons, and mild port work to the heads. Helped make the winter go faster.

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »

Still waiting for the pc/v to come in,hopefully soon as the weather keeps getting colder.

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »

All parts are in but their truck is broke down to come get it,sucks cause the weather would be warm enough to ride home this friday.Gonna call tmorrow and find out if I can ride up there Friday and ride home when done.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 11:56:29 PM »

Take pics, glad they actually do fit and I was steered wrong by my call to Rinehart.

Gonna try to get out one more time Friday myself. Try to write the part number of the pipes you bought so that I can do some shopping...lol

How many miles do you have on your bike?

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 12:25:45 AM »

I reread your last comment TLC, I guess from that they haven't put even gotten your bike yet.

Still have to be excited though. I'm in Davenport, where are you located?

I bought my bike in Chicago because they gave me the best deal by far because the dealership was sitting on 5 of them in Aug of '09. Where did you get yours at?

I tried doing the private messaging but it seemed like you prefered the open forum, which is fine by me. Damn nice to meet another bike like mine close to home.

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »

Currently running Rush Slip-ons with 2 inch baffles,I have 4950 miles on the bike.Bought the bike in Waterloo but they got it in ames for me.There is a Blue one on e-bay right now with only 1100 miles on it.They called today to pick it up but said the tech that was gonna work on it was off till Sat.  or Monday and i wanted to ride maybe tmorrow and Friday.Was going to go to Sturgis on the River but that is the same weekend for the Romper room ride.Be down to Ryhthm City Friday night for a little fun,girlfriend wants to keep her winning streak going  playing keno.I should have started this project earlier in the month and would have had it done already.Do you have the side licsense plate kit from heartland biker that fits the rocker? I put it on mine,also had the whole led tailight replaced last may.I have never washed the bike yet,Waterloo did at the 1000 mile service but I never have as I have not been in the rain yet and usually keep it clean after every ride or so.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 05:50:40 PM »

I haven't seen the side mount yet, can you post a pic?

How have you not had to clean the bike yet.... I'm always cleaning it. I've goten caught in the rain a couple imes and it seems to collect dust in my garage.

Did they come get your bike yet? I'm on a work trip until Xmas so I wont be doing anything to it for awhile anyway.

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 01:51:03 AM »

Would not know how to post pic,no camera.Need to learn more about posting pics.
I just wipe the bike down and have a different microcloth for each part like chrome,paint,rims for brake dust and use some detailer spray from the dealer they use for there bikes on the floor.And I use the meguires gold wax.
Bike is still home,I will call today sometime.Got the side mount pic and idea from an earlier thread over a year ago

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 01:09:59 PM »

Any updates?  I'm on a work trip but made it to Breckenridge and managed to break my collar bone Sunday.....lol

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 05:11:47 PM »

Picked up bike last Friday and they called today for me to come tomorrow to watch the dyno tune and to bring pipes home and to pay for the upgrades.Now only for 70 degrees again.Finally got bike done today,now to get it home.Would have been decent today at 48 degrees but thought the rain was coming sooner.Sounds great the HP was 95.4 and the torque was 113.5.cant wait to ride,just like having a new bike again!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:09:30 PM by TLC »

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »

Can you post the part number of the pipes and some pics soon.

I wonder why Rinehart told me they didn't fit. Are they close to the oil tank or frame anywhere?

TLC

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »

Part number on invoice is RH-400-0100 for Crossback pipes.Have lots more room in some places.No where near the oil tank. looks like the pic on page 18 or 19 under the springer section on Oct.21,2008.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.