Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: I can't believe what happened to my Krypto, the paint peeled off the rear fender  (Read 8886 times)

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member

What would happen if the dealer installed a HD solo seat..............

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

What would happen if the dealer installed a HD solo seat..............
That is a very interesting question and one that my dealer and I discussed.  He said "if I had sold you an HD Solo seat and you paid us to install it AND, the paint came off when we did it, I (the dealer) would have more leverage with Harley-Davidson."  BUT, remember, my dealer (New Roc HD) is taking care of this for me regardless of what the MOCO does. Dealer GREAT, MOCO Sucks! As great as it is that my dealer is doing the right thing, it seems so unfair to me that Harley will not stand behind this obvious defect and make good on it. He shouldn't have to eat it! This has absolutely changed my feelings toward what "I THOUGHT" Harley-Davidson is (was) and what they stood for!

HawgDoc

it's important for the dealer to talk to the right department/person...
Be quick to listen, and slow to speak.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK

Still it is a dumbfounding reply to take in...I would be completely stupified and irate if it had been me who was told that...UUGGHH!
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

it's important for the dealer to talk to the right department/person...

:2vrolijk_21:    I can understand (but not agree with) the idea that some middle management moron seeking to make a name for himself would dream up all these ways to deny warranty coverage on obvious defects, and I can understand that the reps and customer relations desk jockeys might be feeling pressure to go along with the BS to keep their jobs, but I'd like to believe that a few people still exist in Milwaukee with a little integrity and at least enough brains to know BS when they hear it.  I guess the trick is finding such a person, and then hoping he is high enough in the pecking order to overrule the morons.  There have been reports from others who were similarly screwed around on warranty items who eventually got bad decisions reversed, so I'm guessing there has to be a way if you know the right guy (or have a good lawyer).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK

Well said Jerry...especially in the signature..."H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10." LMFAO!
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
UPDATE on the Paint peeling off my Krypto rear fender!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »

Guys, I just got a call from John, the head of service at New Roc HD.  He said "I just got a call from the CVO division and they are going to warranty the fender." He also said that, " they want it back for testing". THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR ME AS I FELT HORRIBLE THAT MY DEALER WAS GOING TO HAVE TO EAT THIS! Way to go MOCO!  How many of you think "our" thread on this was noticed!  ;)  HD, you just did the right thing.......FOR ME and YOUR (and mine) DEALER! Thank you!  And guys (all my friends on this forum).........THANK YOU!!!!!   :)

Glenn

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: UPDATE on the Paint peeling off my Krypto rear fender!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »

Guys, I just got a call from John, the head of service at New Roc HD.  He said "I just got a call from the CVO division and they are going to warranty the fender." He also said that, " they want it back for testing". THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR ME AS I FELT HORRIBLE THAT MY DEALER WAS GOING TO HAVE TO EAT THIS! Way to go MOCO!  How many of you think "our" thread on this was noticed!  ;)  HD, you just did the right thing.......FOR ME and YOUR (and mine) DEALER! Thank you!  And guys (all my friends on this forum).........THANK YOU!!!!!   :)

Glenn

Glen:

i'm glad you are going to be taken care of by HD. 

I am thinking that they were in a hurry when they painted the fender and didn't allow cure time before placing the protective film over the new paint. it'll pull up every time.

regards

Jerry

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »

Glen:

i'm glad you are going to be taken care of by HD. 

I am thinking that they were in a hurry when they painted the fender and didn't allow cure time before placing the protective film over the new paint. it'll pull up every time.

regards

Jerry

Jerry,

I think you are 100% correct, that is what my dealer thinks and that is what the MOCO knows!  I am very appreciative to New Roc HD, to everyone here on the forum for their support and opinions on the subject, and now..........I AM ALSO APPRECIATIVE TO THE MOCO FOR STEPPING UP AND DOING THE RIGHT THING!  Faith Restored!!!!!!

Glenn

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Doc, I'm thinking I need to alter that signature line again, since stuff like this really ticks me off.  The numbers are probably more like 20 - 60 - 20 these days.

BTW, unless they've changed something recently, the warranty expense for the painted parts is the responsibility of the vendor.  So it makes even less sense for Harley to jerk folks around on CVO paint defects.  Just a little more justification for my description of certain folks at Harley as morons.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2011, 06:24:27 PM »

Glenn

You see, the MOCO moderators who scan this site, saw the harm that was being done to the Reputation of MOCO, got up off there arses and got the ball rolling to appease the baying crowd!     :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

Guys,

I AM FLIPPING OUT!  I was doing some mods to my 36 hour old Krypto.  I put my C & C solo on and liked the look without the passenger pillion. So, I took the rear passenger boards/mounts off and I started to peel off the rear fender paint protector film and.......THE PAINT CAME OFF THE REAR FENDER WITH THE FILM!  I have owned 6 Harley's in the last 2 model years and have never seen that happen.  I can't believe it!

G

:worthless:
 :worthless:

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S

Since the problem will be corrected     

Snap some pics!!!

citruscvoguy

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Citrus

I feel your pain!!!! I took off the windsheild trim to install a new windsheild on my 10 SEULTRA and a piece of paint peeled
right off with it. WTF it looks like the pad on the back side of the trim just stuck to the paint and peeled it off on removal.
I took photos and called my dealer. He called back today and said a new fairing is on it's way. My dealer is great, I definatley
owe him a beer... Hope HD fixes yours, man I love Harley's but they better stop putting out crap !!!! I know the clear coat is
sub standard as if I look at it the wrong way it scratches....

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S

Wow with all the paint horror stories I think its best to use a hair drier if I encounter any sticky anything on paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and hope for the best
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.