Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RUSE getting popular down south  (Read 2759 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
RUSE getting popular down south
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »

My friend Michael just picked his up on Friday and now today (Sunday) another friend, Steve, is picking up his.  This makes five owned by folks I know in the Memphis area - may be more that I am unaware of.  Looks like the moco has scored big on this model for 2011.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: RUSE getting popular down south
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:08:50 AM »

My friend Michael just picked his up on Friday and now today (Sunday) another friend, Steve, is picking up his.  This makes five owned by folks I know in the Memphis area - may be more that I am unaware of.  Looks like the moco has scored big on this model for 2011.   :2vrolijk_21:

Would love to hear that MJZ has re-entered the world of H-D.

Is he one of the five  ?

B B

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »

Would love to hear that MJZ has re-entered the world of H-D.

Is he one of the five  ?

B B
Not a chance Brian.  I think he has gone to the dark side permanently!

IBA member # 45520

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »

Not a chance Brian.  I think he has gone to the dark side permanently!

Dunno if Beemers would fall into the "dark side" category. But that is a whole nother  :argue: . Last I talked to him, he thoroughly enjoys them.
Al

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:08 AM »

Dunno if Beemers would fall into the "dark side" category. But that is a whole nother  :argue: . Last I talked to him, he thoroughly enjoys them.

I thought about that new K1600GTL but came to me senses.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »

You say that like the 'dark side' is a bad thing.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

I thought about that new K1600GTL but came to me senses.

;)

SBB
I am sure they are fine, fine machines.  But the Harleys just seem to fit me and my preferred riding style the best.  I find them more comfortable than my cage - well except maybe when it is raining.   :huepfenlol2:

IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »

Thought about the new Beemer myself...or, the new Ducati Multistrada.  The problem I have with all those bikes is that they are too tall for me, and there's no really good way to get them lower when you need them lower.  Of course, the fact that the Multistrada weights half as much would probably make up for the height issue.  The seating position on all those bikes would probably get to me after a long day...

Jerry, I agree that the MOCO has a relative hit with the SERGU this year...it will be interesting to see if they have it a second year, and if so, what differences will be there, if any.  Nothing will ever outsell the SEUC though, and that's to be expected, as the RG look is not for everyone.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »

Thought about the new Beemer myself...or, the new Ducati Multistrada.  The problem I have with all those bikes is that they are too tall for me, and there's no really good way to get them lower when you need them lower.  Of course, the fact that the Multistrada weights half as much would probably make up for the height issue.  The seating position on all those bikes would probably get to me after a long day...

Jerry, I agree that the MOCO has a relative hit with the SERGU this year...it will be interesting to see if they have it a second year, and if so, what differences will be there, if any.  Nothing will ever outsell the SEUC though, and that's to be expected, as the RG look is not for everyone.
I agree about the 'look' but I think more and more folks are coming around.  Logically it just makes sense to me that having all that weight on the frame vs. the suspension is just a superior proposition.  Only negative I have found it that with the wind screen so far forward it dumps air on the top of my helmet and in J. Carolyn's face.  I have started wearing a modular helmet so it really does not bother me.  And I put a shield on her 3/4 helmet when we rode last Friday and that helped.  Hate to go to a taller shield but we will have to see how it all shakes out.

IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »

I agree about the 'look' but I think more and more folks are coming around.  Logically it just makes sense to me that having all that weight on the frame vs. the suspension is just a superior proposition.  Only negative I have found it that with the wind screen so far forward it dumps air on the top of my helmet and in J. Carolyn's face.  I have started wearing a modular helmet so it really does not bother me.  And I put a shield on her 3/4 helmet when we rode last Friday and that helped.  Hate to go to a taller shield but we will have to see how it all shakes out.

I too like not having the weight on the front forks...makes the bike handle completely different, IMO.  I also agree about the wind screen though...the top of the stock shield was right in my line of sight, so I went with the Cee Baily 14" for the CVO RG.  At 5'8" it is just below my line of sight when on a flat road, but is in my line of sight on an uphill grade.  It's a quality shield, and the air flow seems to be better, but I only wear a FF modular, as does Judi...and Judi is only 5'2", so her head is not up very far.  One thing I've noticed about the Cee Baily is that the "envelope" of good air seems to get better the faster I go, so I guess I'll just have to start running 80mph instead of 70mph... ;)

The little black plastic thingys that came with the bike to help with buffeting seem to help as well (after I finally figured out how the hell they fit  ::) )  I'm still getting the bike dialed in ergonomically, but I think I'm there now.  Next is better front suspension...even without the weight of the fairing on the forks, the front end still sucks to me...I guess I'm just spoiled from prior bikes.  The Legends got my feet more flat on the ground, but it's an expensive way to do that.

The only other MAJOR bitch I have...those damn adjustable passenger boards!  I could not get them in a good place for Judi without them being in my way big time when trying to walk the bike around, so I reversed them...put the right side on the left, and the left on the right...I've not got them adjusted backwards and down...I did all this with Judi sitting on the bike, and it's comfortable for her sitting there, but we'll have to take a long ride to be sure.  If that works, then I'll have to reverse the actual flooboards, though they really look fine as is.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Luigi

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »

I tried many windshields to displace the wind turbulence around my eyes until someone mentioned lowers. Putting lowers on my 09serg meant changing the lowers bracket and faring pod but it helped a bunch.

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.