Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: jagerbomb mods on a OB SESG2  (Read 3502 times)

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
Re: jagerbomb mods on a OB SESG2
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »

Now all I need is a left tail lamp and I'll be set. It went out at Daytona Bike week and has been on backorder.

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 01:33:11 AM »

Just last week my dealership was having a 20 percent off sale so I bought the XM module, antenna bracket, and wire connectors. I used the wiring diagram supplied by Carl (thanks) and had that job done in less than a hour. I appreciate all the ideas and opinions I've read on here. Of course it has caused me to spend a whole lot of Jack I probably wouldn't have :carrot: :carrot:

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »

I had bought the floorboards when I had the 09 so they are the streamliners, haven't got around to selling these and buying the rumbles.

Like your mods.  I'd be interested in the Streamliner passenger borads should you decide to sell them. Email me at mochrome@bellsouth.net

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »

Nice work! I really like the wall mount for the back rest and rack.  :2vrolijk_21:

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 09:00:30 PM »

Wow, you've been busy!  Nice job on the bike mods and the detachable rack holder.

I'm glad you could use the XM wiring diagram supplied by Marvin at Proteam HD in Lawton, OK via member jcd520.

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »

Nice work! I really like the wall mount for the back rest and rack.  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks. I made it out of some plywood I had laying around and some 5/8" aluminum tubing. I have probably $15 in materials. I've always loved fabbing stuff

Mark

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »

Bike looks great!! Man I can't wait to get mine!! From my understanding the Streamliner floorboards are the same as the Rumble, just different inserts. I am pretty sure I have the part numbers somewhere if nobody else post's them.

oops, just found them

•   CVO Rumble inserts to match Part# 51510-09 and 51502-09

Better confirm they will work before you order though.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »

Jaberbomb,

So what is your opinion of the sound difference between the VH and Fullsac? I have a B pipe already, and have the 2.25 cores on order. I am coming from thunderheaders for the last 10 years though, not sure if the Fullsac setup will be loud enough for me.

Thanks

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »

To me personally it comes down to available funds. The VH are substantially better sounding but for quite a bit more money. That being said, I would buy the VH again. They sound that good. Check around your area and take a test listen, you'll be sold.

Mark

jcd520

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »

I am proud of you! Joe Biden would be proud of you too, you are definitely doing your part to stimulate the sagging economy!!  Nice ride . Be safe .

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »

"Now all I need is a left tail lamp and I'll be set. It went out at Daytona Bike week and has been on backorder"

Jaberbomb,

Nice work on the ride - love what you've done. As far as your left tail lamp goes, same problem with me on my SERG. The light was either off or on for a while. In most cases, it was on when I left and then off by the time I got home. What I did was unplug the connector / light pins, used some very fine sand paper to clean them off - I'm sure fine steel wool or what ever would do the same. Put some synthetic grease -not oil (used it as if it was dielectric grease) on the pins and put some in the housing that the pin connects to. Wallah, my lights have been on for at least 7 months without a problem. Dealer said he thinks I got rid of the "fretting" that the pins had and now they make a solid connection. To note; my dealer had ordered the left light housing for me (it's in their inventory waiting for me to tell them if my fix stops working).

I've been good to go ever since I did the small mod.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:42:47 PM by BryantH »

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »

"Now all I need is a left tail lamp and I'll be set. It went out at Daytona Bike week and has been on backorder"

Jaberbomb,

Nice work on the ride - love what you've done. As far as your left tail lamp goes, same problem with me on my SERG. The light was either off or on for a while. In most cases, it was on when I left and then off by the time I got home. What I did was unplug the connector / light pins, used some very fine sand paper to clean them off - I'm sure fine steel wool or what ever would do the same. Put some synthetic grease -not oil (used it as if it was dielectric grease) on the pins and put some in the housing that the pin connects to. Wallah, my lights have been on for at least 7 months without a problem. Dealer said he thinks I got rid of the "fretting" that the pins had and now they make a solid connection. To note; my dealer had ordered the left light housing for me (it's in their inventory waiting for me to tell them if my fix stops working).

I've been good to go ever since I did the small mod.
Hope this helps.

I gave it a try but it didn't come back :(. We were looking at some pics from Daytona and in some of the pics the right light is out and the left one is working. I hope this isn;t going to be an ongoing problem.

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »

Replaced the left light assembly on saturday and it's working great. 

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 11:22:19 PM »

I am proud of you! Joe Biden would be proud of you too, you are definitely doing your part to stimulate the sagging economy!!  Nice ride . Be safe .

Thanks buddy.....I've been to a few funerals and I've never seen a U-Haul behind the hearse. I'm very appreciative of you posting the schematic for the XM. Figure it cost me about $430. I was really torn until it was made so easy. My local dealer was very interested in how I did it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.