Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: suppose to buy blue convertible today am nervous!  (Read 2337 times)

harleybones33

suppose to buy blue convertible today am nervous!
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »

Ok so the list with that dealer fee is 30500 i am getting bike for 27500 plus 299 doc feee and of course taxes for MA. Its a lot of dough. I am coming off 2 streetglides. Will I enjoy this bike?. I like the versatility  of a bagger but the look of a custom bike as well especially the handlebars and solo seat. The color is gorgeous. The only other hogs I like are the rocker and muscle but I lose all the versatility. The dealer says that I wont take such a hit on a cvo when I trade it in also. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Bones

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: suppose to buy blue convertible today am nervous!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »

In this economy, we are all feeling it when we go to sell or trade  :-\   Don't let em bs you. 

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:14:29 AM »

Hi bones, I am guessing you are talking about SoftTail CVO, in blue for that money. CVOs hold value better for a long run than a non CVO bike but it is not an investment, you love the power and the looks. It is a great bike to ride and to look at, the color is real nice changing colors if you look in different angles, it is special. The street glide CVO is real nice at similar price range. I guess your are in Mass so call Laconia HD and SeaCoast in NH, tell them that you are shopping for best price and see if they do better. The best deal wins :2vrolijk_21: good luck that you are going to love a CVO power and attention getter. Welcome to the site from Maine :2vrolijk_21: :) PS are you a Chiropractor? Bones?

harleybones33

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »

Yes I am a chiropractor in MA. I got quote from boston harley but my buddy works at billerica so I gotta be loyal( a marine thing) to him and he matched price anyway. I like the cvo streetglide but i have had 2 custom glides and I am just not wanting the whole fairing thing right now! thanks for your feedback!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »

Bones the price people are "wanting " to get for there used CVO's I feel is a lot higher than what they are really getting in the real world. Good advise about not looking at it as an investment. Buy because you like it. I think some people are still buying CVO bikes putting a few miles on them in a year then thinking they can sell for what they paid for it or more...I believe those days are gone. I think they are pretty cool also but believe you will come back to your Street Glide soon. I don't know about other places but at my local HD people aren't lined up waiting to buy a CVO, most wouldn't know a CVO if they saw it and can't get past the credit application for a regular bike. Good Luck! Enjoy your new ride.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 11:54:52 PM »

love my covertible , more every day i ride it, took out my old bike yesterday , got caught in a downpour , wished i was on the covertible

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »

Yes I am a chiropractor in MA. I got quote from boston harley but my buddy works at billerica so I gotta be loyal( a marine thing) to him and he matched price anyway. I like the cvo streetglide but i have had 2 custom glides and I am just not wanting the whole fairing thing right now! thanks for your feedback!

It is a nice bike, I love the color and the flexibility. I am a big guy so a soft tail would kill me due to suspension. My wife drives a ST Delux and she loves it. I am a Chiropractor also working in the mountains of Maine  :) good luck in your purchase. If you come this way, let me know and we can ride together, I can show you some nice roads in Maine. :2vrolijk_21:

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »

i as well really enjoy  my bike  now granted i did things to improved  looks, proformance  etc  but over all  i would do it again ...  i traded my 91 fxrs  for my cvo
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »

I traded a 2009 Ultra Classic last fall fro an 2011 CVO conv and I really enjoy this bike more as I am not doing cross country tours anyways. But given the chance I believe this bike would do just fine.

harleybones33

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »

I bought it yesterday now time for the upgrades. Thx everyone. I pick her up on tuesday. GMAN I will look you up when I come up to maine this summer so we can go for a ride !
 Be Well,
Bones

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »

Congrats, enjoy your new ride
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »

I posted this on another thread but I put the V&H Big Radius and Harley Race Tuner on and they got 95 Hp and 117.2 lbs of torque on the Dyno. I just rode it home 55 miles the acceleration is greatly improved and it sounds really good. Now I want to put the 7" head light on and the mustache highway bars (i have them just need to mount them)then I will be done with mods. Well maybe an oil cooler yet.

Congrats on the bike you will get allot of looks they are nice ride.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »

Enjoy the new scoot...Be sure to post some pics with the upgrades too!

:2vrolijk_21:

harleybones33

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »

Thx guys! Ramjet are they all harley parts except the vance and hines???

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

I bought it yesterday now time for the upgrades. Thx everyone. I pick her up on tuesday. GMAN I will look you up when I come up to maine this summer so we can go for a ride !
 Be Well,
Bones

Congratulations on your new bike :worthless: see you in Maine soon :)  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.