Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Best Solo seat  (Read 7589 times)

Outlaw 100

Best Solo seat
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »

Guys, I have had my 2011 SESG for about 5 months now and love it (Power duals, H/O Slips ons, SERT and a few flashy additional chrome bits).  I tend to sit a bit low for my liking on the bike and also want to look at a solo seat that shows the rear guard lines off a little better.  Does anyone have an opinion on the best solo seat that is both comfortable and will raise the seat height a little?  Time is to now buy with the Aussie $ worth nearly $1.10 US!!  Regards Outlaw (nee Lance) :bananarock:

'Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence - if you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much space'

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Best Solo seat
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »

You can't go wrong with a Corbin or C&C. Just tell them what you want. I prefer the C&C, just talk with Chuck on what you need.

www.ccseats.com

JW

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »

THERE IS ONLY ONE OPTION..........C & C all the way.  Corbin is a dysfunctional company and when you get your seat and it's made wrong (I had 5 different seats that all had to go back and be corrected from Corbin) the freight will kill you from down under! C & C gets it right, every time.  There is no other choice!

G

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:04 AM »

+2 - but you will be directed by C&C to buy from a dealer in Oz - best you buy through a US Harley dealer.
Cheers
Glen.

You can't go wrong with a Corbin or C&C. Just tell them what you want. I prefer the C&C, just talk with Chuck on what you need.

www.ccseats.com

JW
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

KKM

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:55 AM »

THERE IS ONLY ONE OPTION..........C & C all the way.  Corbin is a dysfunctional company and when you get your seat and it's made wrong (I had 5 different seats that all had to go back and be corrected from Corbin) the freight will kill you from down under! C & C gets it right, every time.  There is no other choice!

G

CORBIN did fine by me. One phone call to place the order. The seat came a few days early and fit with no issues.
It looks good to me and is comfy enough for my riding.
My butt may not be like yours so to each his/her own.
Corbin "Hollywood Solo" in Black leather with Alligator pattern.

Kevin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:30:01 AM by KKM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »

Corbin Classic Solo...as seen on all three bikes here. :2vrolijk_21:

I've posted it several times before....if you're ordering a Corbin for a CVO model, you want to order it from Jim (hd-dude on this forum and a moderator) at Metal Dragon (his shop) in Hayward, Calif.  He knows CVOs and the differences between a Street Glide and a CVO Street Glide.....an Ultra Classic and a CVO Ultra Classic like nobody else, when it comes to the Corbin seats.  Order it from Jim and do it once. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »

CORBIN did fine by me. One phone call to place the order. The seat came a few days early and fit with no issues.

Kevin

It seems to be hit and miss with Corbin. My seat went back for a small modification and it took 2 times for them to get it right. Some people have very good experiences with them, and others it goes very wrong. I am somewhere in the middle. C&C did a nice seat for me as well, and it arrived much faster than promised. However, I like Corbin's solo mount better than C&C. And the P-pad mount is nicer from Corbin also.  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:20:15 AM by mjb765 »

KKM

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »

Maybe I was lucky..."Hit or Miss" I think I called Corbin's west coast office.

Anyway, Lance the Corbin Hollywood Solo may be too low for your needs. It does sit down and that is fine for my size. The Classic Solo has a bit more height, I think.

From their website:
"Hollywood Solo saddle gives your bike a slick profile while providing you with boulevard cruising comfort. Our Fibertech basepan designed specifically for the Bagger chassis provides a perfect, flowing fit along the tank and hugging the chassis with a perfect fit and no gaps. The whole seat rides on rubber bumpers to protect your paint job. Built up with high density Comfort Cell® foam to provide a firm resilient ride despite the low profile." It goes on and on about "Slammed Look" etc

Outlaw 100

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

Thanks all for the information.  Glen, how much did you get your C&C for transported to Aus?  Did you also get the rider backrest?  How have you found it comfort and height wise?  Outlaw :P
'Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence - if you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much space'

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »

Kevin

It's got nothing to do with my butt vs. your butt.  I never said Corbin seats were uncomfortable OR that they were not a quality product.  I said that the company is dysfunctional and their customer service sucks!  A few may have not had issues but the majority of people in the past few years have.  I know of many more people other than myself who have had multiple issues with Corbin's horrific quality control and their, even worse......customer service, or lack thereof! My local independent shop refuses to deal with them anymore since he has lost more money in return freight fixing issues than he has made selling their products. I don't want to go back and forth on this......if you like Corbin, that's great!  I have bought 6 Harley's in the last 2 model years as well as an 06 Deluxe (with a killer Corbin seat - when they made them smooth, that was perfect) So, I am only speaking from personal experience, not hearsay! I'm sticking with C & C!

KKM

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »

Lance, I hope you find something that works for you.

Glenn, sorry if I gave offense, not my intent.

Kevin
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:37:31 AM by KKM »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »

I do not care for Corbin, seats or business practices, but then we all have opinions. The lock on the side is butt ugly, and I have never seen, on any bike a good looking Corbin seat after it had a few miles on it. C & C and Danny Gray though are to me a serious upgrade from Corbin. I really do not like Corbin though, they left my nephew high and dry with 5 of the battery cars that quit running when the went bankrupt.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »

Lance, I hope you find something that works for you.

Glen, sorry if I gave offense, not my intent.

Kevin

Kevin,

No offense taken at all, my friend! We are all just voicing (and venting :)) opinions and that is what makes this forum so great! Ride safe!

Glenn

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 02:10:37 AM »

Have not recieved mine yet - been 3 weeks - yes did order a rider backrest - will let you know how I like it.

I have a Brawler on it at present which has been very good I must say.

Thanks all for the information.  Glen, how much did you get your C&C for transported to Aus?  Did you also get the rider backrest?  How have you found it comfort and height wise?  Outlaw :P
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

Outlaw 100

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »

Glen, did you ever get that C&C seat to Australia?  If so, how much did it cost for you to get it here?  Thanks Outlaw. :nixweiss:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.