Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Updates from Rev Perf EMS users?  (Read 9758 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Updates from Rev Perf EMS users?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »

Hi,first post,i'm reading all I can on the EMS across the 3 forums i read,on another forum there's a thread about the EMS having more work needed,for 2010 bikes,not sure if it's relavant to this thread but thought i'd mention it.
Graham. :)

Hadn't read nor heard of current delays for product development on the pre-2011 bikes.  The 2011 package they are still working on though.  Current is that it's a couple weeks from being ready for the street.

Dwight

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide CVO/Champion Trike
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »

So, Twolanerider are you saying that the ECM isn't ready for the 2011's?  I ordered one with a 2011 part number and recieved it some time ago.  Nothing was said at the time that it wasn't ready for install.  I haven't installed it yet, the bike is at the paint shop.  What exactly is wrong?  I have a Fullsac header (09 version to match 18mm 02 Sensors) to install along with it. Alaska trip starts June 11th, need to have everything ready before then.

Thanks
Dwight

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »

When I ordered for my '11 they told me they could make it work with some sort of work-around, but it was not perfected yet. I'm sure they will get it to work for you, it's more on a individual basis rather than the "production" version. Brian gave me a choice of sending my '11 ECM or buying the replacement version and leaving my factory one stock.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »

So, Twolanerider are you saying that the ECM isn't ready for the 2011's?  I ordered one with a 2011 part number and recieved it some time ago.  Nothing was said at the time that it wasn't ready for install.  I haven't installed it yet, the bike is at the paint shop.  What exactly is wrong?  I have a Fullsac header (09 version to match 18mm 02 Sensors) to install along with it. Alaska trip starts June 11th, need to have everything ready before then.

Thanks
Dwight

Dwight, what I've been told by Revolution Performance when dealing with a buddy's 2011 that we're waiting for the kit on is RevPerf doesn't have the new software that is in the 2011 ECMs fully mastered yet.  Though they are close.  What they can do for the 2011 bikes, however, is use a previous model's ECM.  ECM from a 2008 is apparently an ideal donor.  Though even that we're told needs to be an -08 or a -08A revision.  -08B apparently starts getting the newer software that brings the same issue back in play.

If you've got the kit in hand but have not yet sent them your ECM you've not yet run in to the issue.  The parts in the kit are correct and ok.  It's the software load that must be done to your ECM and that is done at their shop (when you send them your ECM) that is the delay.  Since they are now reporting only a short time to completion of the 2011 software, and since you're waiting on paint anyway, you'll likely not face the problem when you finally send your ECM to the shop.

This is synthesized from bits and pieces of collected information and conversations.  Best source is, of course, the shop itself.  So to make sure this is all accurate or to see if more current data is available it's always worthwhile to just give them a call.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »

Dwight, what I've been told by Revolution Performance when dealing with a buddy's 2011 that we're waiting for the kit on is RevPerf doesn't have the new software that is in the 2011 ECMs fully mastered yet.  Though they are close.  What they can do for the 2011 bikes, however, is use a previous model's ECM.  ECM from a 2008 is apparently an ideal donor.  Though even that we're told needs to be an -08 or a -08A revision.  -08B apparently starts getting the newer software that brings the same issue back in play.

If you've got the kit in hand but have not yet sent them your ECM you've not yet run in to the issue.  The parts in the kit are correct and ok.  It's the software load that must be done to your ECM and that is done at their shop (when you send them your ECM) that is the delay.  Since they are now reporting only a short time to completion of the 2011 software, and since you're waiting on paint anyway, you'll likely not face the problem when you finally send your ECM to the shop.

This is synthesized from bits and pieces of collected information and conversations.  Best source is, of course, the shop itself.  So to make sure this is all accurate or to see if more current data is available it's always worthwhile to just give them a call.

This is basically what I have been told directly from them, EXCEPT........... nothing is ready for the Softails yet as it is different from the others all together. I was told they are still a couple of months out for the Softails.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »

This is basically what I have been told directly from them, EXCEPT........... nothing is ready for the Softails yet as it is different from the others all together. I was told they are still a couple of months out for the Softails.

My apologies.  Wasn't thinking Softails at all.  That was all specific to touring models as that's all I'd had reason to deal with. 

Booner

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 03:47:20 AM »

I have over 1000 trouble free miles on my 07 Street Glide since I installed the Rev Perf EMS in mid March.  The bike starts better, idles better and performs better no matter how I twist the throttle! I am happier with it more now than when I first installed it and it cured the aggravating dead spot I had 2500 rpm.  No more down shifting and over reving...It tamed my Bucking Bronco.  Best money I ever spent.  (Mods: S&S 106, SE 259E cams, CVO Heads decked .032", Cometic .030" HG and Rinehart 2 into 1)

Tnbrit

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »

Hadn't read nor heard of current delays for product development on the pre-2011 bikes.  The 2011 package they are still working on though.  Current is that it's a couple weeks from being ready for the street.

On another forum(don't know if I can name forums,so I won't)there's a thread with someone having a problem with an 2010 ecm(with a built engine)& it's been indicated that RevPerf have said they're still working on 2010 ecm's.
By the way my only reason for contributing to this thread is i'm almost ready to buy the EMS,after months of dithering between all the popular tuners,& the thread i'm referring to is the only comment i've seen about a potential problem,but my bikes an 07' so I think i'm clear.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »

I have it on my '04.  I recently rebuilt the engine down from a 124 to a 117.  I am still breaking it in but the RevPerf EMS is doing its job flawlessly...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »

On another forum(don't know if I can name forums,so I won't)there's a thread with someone having a problem with an 2010 ecm(with a built engine)& it's been indicated that RevPerf have said they're still working on 2010 ecm's.
By the way my only reason for contributing to this thread is i'm almost ready to buy the EMS,after months of dithering between all the popular tuners,& the thread i'm referring to is the only comment i've seen about a potential problem,but my bikes an 07' so I think i'm clear.
Graham

How about posting a like to the thread above.

BTW.  Rev Perf tech says if you are contemplating a final drive gearing change, they can do the speedo corrections without loosing cruise or messing up the 6th gear light. They just need the specs of your change and the tire size.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »

I believe in the thread you may be referring to, the guy doesn't know what his problem is, and is assuming it may be the EMS.  Others have suggested to him that he properly troubleshoot and diagnose his issue before making that assumption.

I know of many who have used the EMS on 2010 bikes without issue...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Tnbrit

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »

I believe in the thread you may be referring to, the guy doesn't know what his problem is, and is assuming it may be the EMS.  Others have suggested to him that he properly troubleshoot and diagnose his issue before making that assumption.

I know of many who have used the EMS on 2010 bikes without issue...   :nixweiss:

Guys,this is the post,please don't think i'm dissing Rev Perf or the EMS,as I said i'm probably going to buy one for my bike.

I installed the percision EMS on my 2010RG with my new big money motor and I'm having problems with it. The bike is running way to rich so rich that the oil smells like gas. the other problem is when I pull in the clutch and apply the brake the bike shuts down(not all the time but enuff). I put about 70 miles on the bike trying to break it in before my mech. friend told me its running way to rich, then we smelled the oil and it smelled like gas. Now my question is could I have damaged the motor by riding it this rich? will my piston rings seat properly? My buddy told me that the gas will wash away the oil and the cylinders can glaze over. can this happen with the fist 70 miles of break in. I called Rev. Perf. and told them what was going on and they told me that this is a problem that they are having with the 2010 models and they are trying to find a solution to the problem. I just wish they had told me they were having problems with the 2010 models before they sold me the ems. I'm sure Rev. Perf. will make it rite. I've been happy with there work in the past (flywheels trued, plugged, balanced and welded with timken). I've also been happy with there customer service as well.... So my QUESTION is, do you think I could have damaged my new motor by breaking it in with it running rich like this? have I damaged the cylinder walls? and why does the motor oil smell like gas? If anybody has any advise for me please help.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »

I called Rev. Perf. and told them what was going on and they told me that this is a problem that they are having with the 2010 models and they are trying to find a solution to the problem.

Were you given an explanation as to why your issue is specific to just the 2010 models?

Also, and my apologies for covering ground you no doubt already have several times, are you 100% sure you've supplied the correct fuel injector information?  If you did a big build injectors might have been changed.  One of the things we've been told repeatedly is that injector information must be absolutely accurate for the EMS system to perform.  One other thought just came to mind.  If it was an extreme build was anything done with the stock fuel pressure regulator?  That's something that the EMS data sheet doesn't even ask about.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »

Were you given an explanation as to why your issue is specific to just the 2010 models?

Also, and my apologies for covering ground you no doubt already have several times, are you 100% sure you've supplied the correct fuel injector information?  If you did a big build injectors might have been changed.  One of the things we've been told repeatedly is that injector information must be absolutely accurate for the EMS system to perform.  One other thought just came to mind.  If it was an extreme build was anything done with the stock fuel pressure regulator?  That's something that the EMS data sheet doesn't even ask about.

Don,

This isn't his issue - he knows nothing first hand - he's only copied someone elses post from another forum.  As I mentioned, I know of several Rev. Perf. EMS installations on 2010 bikes without any issues.  And I know of 2011 bikes running well with 2010 ECM's with the Rev. Perf. EMS.  So I suspect there is more to the issue then it mentioned in the copied post.  Some unmentioned variable or something...  If the issue was strictly a straightforward problem with the EMS on 2010 bikes - known by Rev. Perf. - then there would not be so many 2010 bikes running the EMS without issues.  It certainly could be something related to the EMS with some particular installed component or particular pipes on 2010's, but not likely an across the board issue with 2010's.  For sure there's not enough information available to make any type judgement or statement...

Perhaps if Brian sees this thread, he can clarify the subject firsthand...

Scott

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »

Don,

This isn't his issue - he knows nothing first hand - he's only copied someone elses post from another forum. 

Humbug......

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 1.024 seconds with 20 queries.