Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: HELP! Goldwing Bragging over Harley, Any more AMMO to shut them up?  (Read 25051 times)

kravmaga

• Junior CVO Member
Re: HELP! Goldwing Bragging over Harley, Any more AMMO to shut them up?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »

Having owned HD for nearly a half century, they are my ride pure and simple.  However, if you're basing everything on emotion or mechanics, than it is a different story.  Every cycle magazine, for what it's worth, has named the Goldwing the best tourer ever made.  However, the new BMW tourer may take it's place.

km

Harley Guy 5

• Full CVO Member
  • Hard Work will get you everything
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »

Just tell them riding a GW is like getting a BJ from a transvestite.... They're both fun until your friends catch you doing it

HMMMMM!!! how would you know this :-*
2011 FLHTCUSE6
Do I Need To Say More
Aspen Classic Camp Trailer
Bushtec Turbo II
Looking Forward To Counting the White Lines

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »

you ride a goldwing. you soak up a ride on hd ultra. its not ho-hum on a harley. that hd has soul the goldwing will never have. the goldwings are great machines just  not for me ;) pull into any resturant,gas station or rest stop and see who gets all the attention.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »

It's still fun banter........

You won't see this on a Goldwing

I'd rather ride steel to a HOG rally than plastic to a wing ding.

They stop for ice cream, Harley riders stop for cheeseburgers and beer.

Something tells me that Harley seats smells better then Honda seats  :o  I'll stick with a Harley   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:28:15 PM by cvobiker »

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 08:00:50 AM »

I simply say that I enjoy bitching about things.  And having a Harley allow me ample areas to bitch about: management, dealers, quality issues, fill-in-blank, etc.

All kidding aside, GW all look the same.  No way to really customize them.  The bikes we ride reflect our personality.   In Japan, it is about conformity.  In USA, it is was about personal freedom and liberty.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »

Ya know...with so many of you guys carrying....just shoot 'em...that'll shut 'em up!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »

When, rarely, someone starts to tell me how great their g.w. is over my Harley I generally, unless they're huge, tell em to go eff themselves and find someone who cares.    :soapbox:

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7

You know, I've heard alot of Goldwing Owners say, "Yea, I could have bought a Harley!!!"

Never heard a Harley Owner say, "Yea, I could have bought a Goldwing!!!"

I think Goldwing production has been moved back to Japan....

napalm
napalm

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback

That 'bout sums it up!
You know, I've heard alot of Goldwing Owners say, "Yea, I could have bought a Harley!!!"

I think Goldwing production has been moved back to Japan....

napalm
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Half_Crazy

Ya know, I also never heard a new Goldwing owner say "My brand new bike spends more time in the shop than at home" or "I put my bike on the dyno and it scissored a crank" or "I have 5000 miles and .008" crank run-out" or "My valve train sounds like and idling diesel" or "My oil pump exploded" or "My compensator is bad" or "I'm on my third engine" or "I'm afraid to go too far from home"... all of which you can read on this very site in reference to not just Harleys, but Harley's flagship CVO line.

People in glass houses and all that...

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia

Ya know, I also never heard a new Goldwing owner say... 

H-D sells about 300,000 bikes per year.  I would guess (and it is a guess) that they are the largest motorcycle producer in the world.  As with any product, you hear more about problems then you do when there is no problem.  I am sure if I dug through the other motorcycle sites that deal with any of the other bike I would see a list of issues too.

I am also sure you never heard a Goldwing rider say...I added a hopped up set of cams, bored out the engine, flowed the heads, etc.  You hear that here because you can do it on a Harley.  I am sure that it is not done on a GW.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Half_Crazy

H-D sells about 300,000 bikes per year.  I would guess (and it is a guess) that they are the largest motorcycle producer in the world.  As with any product, you hear more about problems then you do when there is no problem.  I am sure if I dug through the other motorcycle sites that deal with any of the other bike I would see a list of issues too.

I am also sure you never heard a Goldwing rider say...I added a hopped up set of cams, bored out the engine, flowed the heads, etc.  You hear that here because you can do it on a Harley.  I am sure that it is not done on a GW.

Visit the Goldwing forums and do some research on that. Goldwings are reliable like a Swiss watch. As far as performance upgrades, there are none for a Goldwing... but... I suggest you don't race one. My buddy drags his and it runs 13.teens all day long, bone stock.

If you want to do performance upgrades to your HD, you better beef up the bottom end first. When you get to the point of making the same power as a Goldwing you'll be pushing your luck that it will hold together.

You're absolutely right, the Goldwing is an appliance... but like it or not, that bike is the yardstick that touring bikes are measured with. That bike will haul ass and will handle and will stop with confidence... and the engine is strong and reliable. I have no problem with that, and I have to wonder why you do?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

but like it or not, that bike is the yardstick that touring bikes are measured with.

That no soul, no personality plastic civic in drag may be the yardstick you measure by but don't think you speak for everyone.
You certainly don't speak for me and most likely don't speak for the bulk of the members of this forum.
I hope you don't have a problem with that, and if your unhappy here or want to know more about your yardstick please check out this site  http://www.gwrra.org
They are always looking for new wing dingers!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2

Half Crazy, are you sure you don't work for a Honda dealer?
Jesus is Lord

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

This is a weird thread.  To begin with why care enough what a bunch of Wingers are saying to waste the time to think up a response.  You ride what you ride because you like.  Screw everyone else.  As for the rest of the "no soul" weirdness the machines are all just collections of metals, plastics and paints.  The overall look and sound of the Harley may be such that we like it better at some emotional level.  But we like it better.  A lot better perhaps.  That's the only reason that matters.  Justifying that to some other clown sounds a little insecure.  "Soul" or other such yutzi reasonings are all just proof that advertising works.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.