Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Screamin Eagle Jackets...........  (Read 53719 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Screamin Eagle Jackets...........
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »

Jim As you know I got mine 2 weeks ago. 20% off no sale tax. Didn,t know there was a smell issue. You tryed my on when i was over your place For parts and to visit You and Vanamal for Van,s freedom cam install. Looking for something to do, So I,ll go into garage and give it a complete smell over.--------AK--------------UPDATE NO SMELL--war/vera
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:31:44 PM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

DEAN_NELSON

• Junior CVO Member
  • NOW A DFT TRIKE
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 02:00:11 PM »

Garage is a good place to start, but the garage will have the smell to it for about two weeks and than start to go away!

That is what I did. And over time I could not smell it in the garage, but I could not leave it in the house yet.

Dean
2006 USE
2004 SEEG SOLD
2002 V-ROD CUSTOM
1998 ROAD KING
1977 XLCR
1970 XLH
1963 CHSHMAN

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »

Good to know that it will go away, My wife told me that it has to go in the garage :D

That's too bad Jim.  Mine didn't have a smell any different than any other leather jacket.  It wasn't in plastic.......it was hanging on the rack at the dealership. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »

Jim As you know I got mine 2 weeks ago. 20% off no sale tax. Didn,t know there was a smell issue. You tryed my on when i was over your place For parts and to visit You and Vanamal for Van,s freedom cam install. Looking for something to do, So I,ll go into garage and give it a [highlight]complete smell over[/highlight].--------AK

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Garage is a good place to start, but the garage will have the smell to it for about two weeks and than start to go away!

That is what I did. And over time I could not smell it in the garage, but I could not leave it in the house yet.

Dean

It'll have some tough competition with the smells in the Garage, between the motor & gear oils, Grease, dogs, and the usual garage flatulence it will fit right in! ;D

That's too bad Jim.  Mine didn't have a smell any different than any other leather jacket.  It wasn't in plastic.......it was hanging on the rack at the dealership. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Maybe they had "aired it out" for a while? Mine was wrapped up pretty tight. The clothes gal had not even looked at it yet.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »

Jim As you know I got mine 2 weeks ago. 20% off no sale tax. Didn,t know there was a smell issue. You tryed my on when i was over your place For parts and to visit You and Vanamal for Van,s freedom cam install. Looking for something to do, So I,ll go into garage and give it a complete smell over.--------AK--------------UPDATE NO SMELL--war/vera

So, where is the 20% off location?  Got a link?

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2006, 03:09:20 PM »

Ezridn, Chicago HD, I,ve got toll free # back at Office, Been getting stuff from them for 3 years now. Very easy no problems to date HELPS to have part number,credit card ready--war/Vera--AK
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 05:02:14 PM by JCZ »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »

Just make sure when you order from Chicago HD that you know exactly what you want.  I have waited 7 weeks for a credit on a returned seat for my seeg.  They assured me it would fit when I ordered it but it did not.  :'( I just got off the phone with them for the 3rd time and they promised me (again) they would issue credit today.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I have bought stuff from them for years and this has been my only problem with them.
 [smiley=cherry.gif]  

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »

Ezridn, Chicago HD, I,ve got toll free # back at Office, Been getting stuff from them for 3 years now. Very easy no problems to date HELPS to have part number,credit card ready--war/vara--AK

Thanks, ak.   I've ordered from them before...I'll have to call in and see if they have more in stock/warehouse as those particular jackets don't come up on their site.

ez
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »

Went by my dealer on the way home from work....no smell coming from the jacket section ;D
Jackets look great but are VERY heavy weight for us in the south.  Very heavy weight even to lift them up off the rack ;D ;D But if you are looking for protection this should do it for you....especially at the $450 price tag.
 [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2006, 09:49:20 PM »

Went by my dealer on the way home from work....no smell coming from the jacket section ;D
Jackets look great but are VERY heavy weight for us in the south.  Very heavy weight even to lift them up off the rack ;D ;D But if you are looking for protection this should do it for you....especially at the $450 price tag.
 [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]
the weight is waht has caused me to hesitate also... even here, it s a little heavy and stiff.

esp if they stink!!! lol :-?

but they are damn good lookin

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2006, 10:10:21 PM »

Gotta jump in here. I have two H-D leather jackets. A Torque and a Screamin Eagle. Both feel heavy when you pick em up. Neither feels heavy when it's on. And, I'll leave it to someone else to explain why, but neither is hot. On my recent trip I kept the SE one on until the temp went over 80. And as my best bro Beags will tell you, I don't like being hot. I love both of these jackets. All kinds of pockets and zippers and vents, man they're like Inspector Gadget jackets or something. As to the stiffness, my apologies to whomever told me this in MV but if the leather is stiff, you wet down the jacket with water from something like a plant sprayer or whatever , put it in the dryer with some tennis balls and set the dryer to air dry ( no heat) setting. The tennis balls will pummel the chit out of the leather and soften it up.

Big B

PS
    Guess I'm kinky or something. I loooooooove the smell of new leather  ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:15:34 PM by SPIDERMAN »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2006, 10:24:30 PM »

Gotta jump in here. I have two H-D leather jackets. A Torque and a Screamin Eagle. Both feel heavy when you pick em up. Neither feels heavy when it's on. And, I'll leave it to someone else to explain why, but neither is hot. On my recent trip I kept the SE one on until the temp went over 80. And as my best bro Beags will tell you, I don't like being hot. I love both of these jackets. All kinds of pockets and zippers and vents, man they're like Inspector Gadget jackets or something. As to the stiffness, my apologies to whomever told me this in MV but if the leather is stiff, you wet down the jacket with water from something like a plant sprayer or whatever , put it in the dryer with some tennis balls and set the dryer to air dry ( no heat) setting. The tennis balls will pummel the chit out of the leather and soften it up.

Big B

PS

Actually Brian,

A bunch of softballs in the dryer work well also.
No softballs?,,, use tennis shoes, two pairs will do it.
Just mist the jacket down and use the NO HEAT cycle.

I have a silver and black Vanson jacket the process above worked wonders on!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »

..... As to the stiffness, my apologies to whomever told me this in MV but if the leather is stiff, you wet down the jacket with water from something like a plant sprayer or whatever , put it in the dryer with some tennis balls and set the dryer to air dry ( no heat) setting. The tennis balls will pummel the chit out of the leather and soften it up.

Big B

PS
I thought your method of getting the stiffness out was getting in the wind for 7K miles? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] That sure sounds like a better method to me, and surely it would get any smell out of jacket. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2006, 10:45:39 PM »

GF hit me with my running shoes while I slept.  

Woke up softened up ... with wrinkles.  Don't know what I smell like in the am.

Mark

PS   that was my ex-gf btw....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:46:36 PM by nixobilly »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2006, 06:15:26 PM »

I thought your method of getting the stiffness out was getting in the wind for 7K miles? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] That sure sounds like a better method to me, and surely it would get any smell out of jacket. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Well yeah, that and ridin in the rain for a couple of days. Thanks to Chip's post and my senior moment having subsided, I remember it was our good buddy Chip and his lovely wife who were explaining this process to me. Damn that Twolane plying me with Maker's Mark and ruining my memory - - - - -or was that the night I bought the Maker's.  oh chit, another senior moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.