Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Back Rest Pad and other extras on my Red 2011 Convertible  (Read 1233 times)

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Back Rest Pad and other extras on my Red 2011 Convertible
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:59:43 AM »

To keep the wife happy I've had a larger back rest pad made. After a recent 500 mile ride she found the stock rest very uncomfortable, in fact when cruising at 70+ she found herself rubbing up against the back rest itself. Anyway after a lot of research I found I decided it would be easier to get one made up. I found a local leather shop who was able to match the leather (almost exactly) and make the complete pad with fixings for £200. A lot of money for a pad but it keeps her happy and it's in keeping with the style of the bike.

In addition to the pad I've also put on the Moustache Engine Bars (looks great), a Garmin with the chrome arm mount (needed modifying to fit handlebars) and flush fitting fuel caps. My local dealer is trying to swap out the Blue LED gauge for a more in keeping Red LED gauge, which is fitted as standard on the 2011 CVO Streetglide.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
Re: Back Rest Pad and other extras on my Red 2011 Convertible
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »

Your backrest pad looks slick.  The luggage rack is also a nice add-on for those long rides.  I use my ConV for touring also so passenger accomodations are important. 

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »

Very nice mods!

Pegus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »

Have not done any touring yet, but would be interested in feed-back regarding how many hours a passanger can take on this bike!
Thanks for the info that there is an alternative to blue led fuel caps!
Don't postpone until tomorrow what you can do the day after that. Ride on!

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:38:00 AM »

It seems more distance than time related. With the larger back rest my wife should be able to do about 250 / 300 mile. She was OK with the seat but She found the stock back rest awful when cruising at 70+ for any length of time. Basically with the low screen and being higher than the rider she found herself being pushed against the top of the cissy bar rather than the pad. This caused major problems for her back a few days later. The convertible won't be as comfortable for her as the Heritage, where I had Gel filled touring seats and a large bucket back rest, but it should be OK.

As for the Red LED fuel gauge, I'm hoping to have it fitted on Friday. Failing that it will be a couple of weeks later as we're off to Croatia this weekend. Out of interest no one in Harley will confirm that it will actually work on the Convertible tank but also no one has come up with a reason why it won't work, so I'm quite hopeful. The local dealer has gone out of his way to get one for me. The part number is 70900040. 

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:22:16 PM »

Looks good, very important to keep the pillion passenger comfy ! Good luck with the LED gauge & have a good & safe ride to Croatia, I'm very envious but too many work commitments, cheers Paul.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.