Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rear brake and tail lights  (Read 1939 times)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Rear brake and tail lights
« on: May 18, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »

Anyone having issues ?"??? I am on my second set .  Got two warnings from the police.  Takes over a week to get replaced.  Must be made in china.   Any help appreciated

Any known causes??

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
Re: Rear brake and tail lights
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »

What exactly is your issue?  Light going out?  I had to replace the switch down on the right side behind the trans a while back...warranty.

jcd520

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »

Waiting on a right hand taillight assy. right now. Should be here today. Warrantied of  course but still it quit working. I am wondering if the left will go out eventually as I have read some posts here where some were having trouble and all were left side. Mines right side. So to be clear my assembly did not work at all -----------no taillight ,no turn signal , and no stop light. I will post when I get the new one and install it on the results.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »

Waiting on a right hand taillight assy. right now. Should be here today. Warrantied of  course but still it quit working. I am wondering if the left will go out eventually as I have read some posts here where some were having trouble and all were left side. Mines right side. So to be clear my assembly did not work at all -----------no taillight ,no turn signal , and no stop light. I will post when I get the new one and install it on the results.
I think that's the 1st time I've heard of a whole assembly being 'bad'.....but, guess everything is just replaceable and non-fixable now.  :greedy:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

wnace

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »

My right side went out coming home from work Monday. Took off the saddle bag and took the connector apart and put some dialectic grease on the pins and put back together and it has been working ever since. Don't know this will help anyone else or not.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »

My right side went out coming home from work Monday. Took off the saddle bag and took the connector apart and put some dialectic grease on the pins and put back together and it has been working ever since. Don't know this will help anyone else or not.

I will give it a try meanwhile the dealer says my right side asswmbly is bad and it will take a week to get a new one... and like others stated now I am worried about the left side.

by the way did you work on the plug that goes into the tail light assembly??

wnace

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 09:38:01 PM »

Yes I did , right at the the assembly. The pins were not making good contact.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »

I think that's the 1st time I've heard of a whole assembly being 'bad'.....but, guess everything is just replaceable and non-fixable now.  :greedy:  spyder

They're LED tailights Spyder.....a different ballgame now. :nixweiss:

There's a thread on this in here someplace.  Actually, a number of us have had issues.....seems to be mostly in the plug.  Mine was replaced on warranty. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:48:42 PM »

They're LED tailights Spyder.....a different ballgame now. :nixweiss:

There's a thread on this in here someplace.  Actually, a number of us have had issues.....seems to be mostly in the plug.  Mine was replaced on warranty. :2vrolijk_21:
Ohhhhhhhh, OK.  I get it now......they're great until they're bad, and then they're really bad.   :nervous:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

jcd520

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 05:48:32 PM »

Someone above did just what I did (right side), unplug, dielectric grease, plug back in , worked for a couple days and then quit altogether. Assy would not take any fire anywhere after that.  Plug end coming from the bike was hot everywhere.  So I removed the lense assy. , called the dealer , got a new one and it works fine for now. I left out the part where it took the better part of two weeks for HD to send it to them and them to send it to me, but I did get it fixed. Keeping an eye on the left one now. Anyway in my case it was not the plug, it was a bad assy. Inside these babies there are printed circuit boards and I am suspecting they don't stand up to the vibration , or the initial batch from HD had problems. Either way several of us have had issues with the rear lighting.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »

Someone above did just what I did (right side), unplug, dielectric grease, plug back in , worked for a couple days and then quit altogether. Assy would not take any fire anywhere after that.  Plug end coming from the bike was hot everywhere.  So I removed the lense assy. , called the dealer , got a new one and it works fine for now. I left out the part where it took the better part of two weeks for HD to send it to them and them to send it to me, but I did get it fixed. Keeping an eye on the left one now. Anyway in my case it was not the plug, it was a bad assy. Inside these babies there are printed circuit boards and I am suspecting they don't stand up to the vibration , or the initial batch from HD had problems. Either way several of us have had issues with the rear lighting.

This is exactly the same experience I had.  Especially  the part about waiting for 2 weeks  or 3 in my case

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »

My right one went dead today.

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »

how many miles before this issue?  just curious.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 08:50:06 PM »

how many miles before this issue?  just curious.

800 miles

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »

My right one went dead today.

Good luck better get one on order now.  If the police stop you ( like in my case) you will only likely get one warning.  Let us know what happens.  Hope your delivery date is better than mine
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.